Snowboarding

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2013 6:14 PM

Any snowboarders here? I started snowboarding last season. It's crazy fun! I picked up on it pretty fast and was hitting rails by the 5th time i went. Only problem is i'm noob with snowboards and bindings and stuff. I got a morrow radium with bindings that say nideker on the straps and some burton boots for 50 bucks off craigslist, but not it seems like the front binding is smaller than the back. Is it possible that they are 2 different sizes of bindings on my board o is it supposed to be like that? Also could i get a normal clothes iron to wax my board or do i need something specific to snowboard wax?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/26/2013 6:18 PM

Snowboarding is gay, free ski 4 lyfe

#thattwintiplifestyle

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/26/2013 6:25 PM

You used a hash tag. You're gay.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/26/2013 9:35 PM

Don't use a clothing iron. They distribute heat very inconsistently, and the wax clogs up the steam holes. Just look on craigslist for a cheap wax iron if you can, cuz they can be pricey.

I don't snowboard anymore, but used to compete in slope style in the USASA, and was sponsored under contract by 3 companies. I rode pipe too but was only mediocre so I stuck with competing in slope style. Coolest place I ever rode was Zermatt, Switzerland (the Matterhorn).

As far as bindings go, there are different sizes but both bindings on your board should be the same because there's no distinction between bindings since some people ride goofy foot and others ride regular. Just take the bindings off and hold them sole to sole to each other. I used to ride with my front binding angled forward a bit, and the rear just a hair forward from being 90 degrees. I liked it that way for riding switch. I also ran my bindings about shoulder width apart, with the bindings setup closer to the rear, just off center for more pop. Good luck man!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/27/2013 10:37 AM

Thanks dude. Do you have any general tips like what tricks i should learn first or anything a beginner should know?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/27/2013 2:27 PM

i board and i love it since its only for a few months i usually set up a ramp or box in my front yard if i cant go to a slope and i have just as much fun

|

Dream - Trans red BTM 8============================================>

9/27/2013 2:56 PM

FITBMX77 wrote:

i board and i love it since its only for a few months i usually set up a ramp or box in my front yard if i cant go to a slope ...more

I wish i could do that. It doesn't snow here much, and it's usually only an inch. What board and bindings do you ride?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/27/2013 5:10 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Thanks dude. Do you have any general tips like what tricks i should learn first or anything a beginner should know?

No prob man! Basically, the best way to progress is work on your board control and learn how to carve good. When carving, regardless of if you are on your heelside edge or toeside, your body from the waist up should ALWAYS be facing down hill. This is very important and you'll get it down without having to think about it if you focus on it a few times you go out. The best way I can describe a toeside turn is to imagine you're standing on your tiptoes a bit, then take the pressure off your toes and you'll be flat on the base of your board. Next, for the heelside turn, put slight pressure on your heel edge by doing a motin like you're standing on your heels. Repeat the motin and you'll be linking turns in no time. Remember, keep your body from the waist up facing downhill the whole time.

Next, practice various grabs off little hips/kickers/boxes etc. Then try 180's, and 360s. Then link the grabs with your spins. Practice spinning both ways too (frontside and backside). Then move to flips. They take some balls but the motion of them are easy compared to technical spins.

My best advice with practicing tricks is to duct tape the edges of your board and take it to the trampoline if you have one. This is the best way to practice getting the motions dialed in, and is pretty fun. That's how I practiced tricks in the off season. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore tips!

|

Winter is over-rated

9/27/2013 6:16 PM

I haven't in a couple years, im totes going out again this year though

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/27/2013 6:32 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Madtown608 wrote:

No prob man! Basically, the best way to progress is work on your board control and learn how to carve good. When carving, ...more

I can't believe i haven't tried that yet! I have a trampoline in my back yard.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/27/2013 7:15 PM

When I go to a resort people call me "rental" most of the time because I can't afford my own board! With a bike, I won't grow out of it or at least for another 3-5 years. I enjoy it, I just can't afford to do it that often.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/27/2013 7:51 PM

Stocksy wrote:

When I go to a resort people call me "rental" most of the time because I can't afford my own board! With a bike, I won't grow ...more

Yeah, "rental mental" is what it used to be called. There's truthfully a ton of spoiled ass hole kids out there. Screw em and don't let them bring you down, most are swag fags. That's sadly how it is in sports that require a ton of money.

|

Winter is over-rated

9/28/2013 5:07 PM

FITBMX77 wrote:

i board and i love it since its only for a few months i usually set up a ramp or box in my front yard if i cant go to a slope ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I wish i could do that. It doesn't snow here much, and it's usually only an inch. What board and bindings do you ride?

i have a world industries board and burton bindings which is fine for me but im getting new board this christmas prob a burton custom i love the way they look

|

Dream - Trans red BTM 8============================================>

12/3/2013 5:26 PM

Bump! Anyone been snowboarding this season? I'm hopefully going this Tuesday. I'm gonna try to film some stuff with my friend. It will probably be horrible sense it's been like 9 months or whatever. Cannot wait to hit the slopes i just hope i've retained my skills.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/3/2013 5:34 PM

not this winter, but i have a plan to go with about 15 of my friends on spring break!

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/3/2013 7:20 PM

Used to still got my gear doubtfully get into it to much this year......I'm deffinatly more stoked on snowskates I want to buy a new one

|

12/3/2013 7:39 PM

ive always been intrigued by snowskates, where do you ride them?
do most normal slop[es let people ride them?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/3/2013 8:37 PM

Usually just build spots at random hills with jumps rails and grind boxes

|

12/3/2013 9:09 PM

I had a sweet powder day at Red River on skis...
#stillbetterthansnowboarding

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/4/2013 9:34 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Snowboarding is gay, free ski 4 lyfe

#thattwintiplifestyle

Just trying to be a smartass, isn't skiing just rollerblading on snow with poles?

tongue

But seriously, who cares, just have fun.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2013 9:40 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I had a sweet powder day at Red River on skis...
#stillbetterthansnowboarding

I run over skiers in my sleep

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/5/2013 8:51 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

ive always been intrigued by snowskates, where do you ride them?
do most normal slop[es let people ride them?

I don't think slopes let you, at least not by me... and theyre alright, you just kinda build spots or take em to like cities and such

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "