Steve Jobs dead.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2011 5:24 PM

|

10/5/2011 5:31 PM

Pancreatic cancer. This dude inlfuenced all our lives in a very good way, hope the end was peaceful for him.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/5/2011 5:33 PM

hes had a good run. i dont approve of the jokes already smothering facebook

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

10/5/2011 5:44 PM

He ripped people off.

|

10/5/2011 5:49 PM

Yay for Windows!

.....Too soon?

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

10/5/2011 5:50 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

infact yeah good point. he deliberatly made products shit, of a decent level but not the best as to try and reassure himself a place in the market next time. overpriced the shiny packed shit, gave it shit warranty and tried to hold a monopoly on electronic goods, what a fucking scumbag

|

Trails not Rails

10/5/2011 6:04 PM

Still a person who had a wife and four kids, and he was better at what he did than any of us ever will be.

|

10/5/2011 6:10 PM

Photo
|

10/5/2011 6:17 PM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

Still a person who had a wife and four kids, and he was better at what he did than any of us ever will be.

^ Point

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

10/5/2011 6:58 PM

He kind of did revolutionized the entire electronic enterprise, played a huge role in developing many of the very large corporations we see today, including Windows, Pixar, and Apple, and was a marketing genius who funded numerous charities, saving many lives in the process, but other than that, yeah, he was a total douchebag...

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

10/5/2011 7:02 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

you rip people off

|

Refs : ninjacat33

10/5/2011 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2011 7:21 PM

Verde. wrote:

infact yeah good point. he deliberatly made products shit, of a decent level but not the best as to try and reassure himself a place in the market next time. overpriced the shiny packed shit, gave it shit warranty and tried to hold a monopoly on electronic goods, what a fucking scumbag

Deliberately made products shit? I think not...
Jobs had the chance to enter the lower end laptop market (like small shitty laptops that cost a couple hundred dollars), and he decided not to because he wanted to take pride in having higher end products (both on the software and hardware aspect).
Apple has some of the most reliable products on the market, and are becoming more and more used in the computing world (for software engineering, web development, etc).
I have one professor (I'm a computer science student) that SWEARS by Apple products, and he is one of the smartest people I have ever met, and if he uses Apple for all of his software and web development projects (he owns a software and web development company), then that is saying something.

Anyways, Steve Jobs was an incredibly intelligent and innovative man, but his legacy will continue.

|

10/6/2011 6:35 AM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

Verde. wrote:

Its called business. He cut his salary to $1 a year at one point, so he really wasn't running it to get money in his pocket. And apple stuff is so much more expensive than other brands, because it is so much better wink

|

10/6/2011 6:56 AM

Jeremy(Rides a Bike) wrote:

Oh and before he was 25 he already had a net worth of 100 million dollars. Which is more money than your entire family tree will never have. He didn't give two shits about the money. All he wanted was to make products to push the limit on what people can create. Did you know that on the original iPod he wanted no buttons, all touch. They engineers at Apple told him "We can't do that yet, the technology isn't good enough" he said "Well lets make it good enough..." Two years later, Apple iTouch drops. The man single handedly changed the worlds technology. Without him so many products that he had nothing to do with would not be in production.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

10/6/2011 8:08 AM

He coulda made his salary 0 a year for the rest of his life and still lived like a fucking superstar

|

Trails not Rails

10/6/2011 10:04 AM

Verde. wrote:

He coulda made his salary 0 a year for the rest of his life and still lived like a fucking superstar

What's your point?
If you are apart of a successful company, you're going to make money.

|

10/6/2011 10:45 AM

r.i.p man
fuck you for not fixing my touch though.

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

10/6/2011 11:25 AM

Personal opinions aside, the man was a fucking genius and a legend.

|

10/6/2011 11:30 AM

mccarthy04 wrote:

r.i.p man

Really? You think he fixes them...

|

10/6/2011 11:34 AM

mccarthy04 wrote:

r.i.p man

keironw74 wrote:

yeah im that retarded

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

10/6/2011 12:22 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

r.i.p man

keironw74 wrote:

mccarthy04 wrote:

yeah im that retarded

They arrive personally at his million dollar doorstep, don't they?

|

10/6/2011 12:29 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

yeah, a $50 iphone is such a rip off and so is a $1100 computer that lasts 9 years. we should just start buying $250 droids and $500 computers that last 2 years.

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

10/6/2011 12:39 PM

is it bad that if this wasn't on vital i would have just found out like 3 minutes ago?

|

vital's redneck

10/6/2011 1:07 PM

I found out last night on ESPN.com...weird. Shows how influential the dude was.

|

10/6/2011 1:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2011 1:09 PM

Dolphin wrote:

yeah, a $50 iphone is such a rip off and so is a $1100 computer that lasts 9 years. we should just start buying $250 droids and $500 computers that last 2 years.

I have had the same ipod for about 6 years now, and my Macbook pro has been running strong for a 1.5 years. It still runs like brand new, and I do web development and software development on it.
I have no sympathy for people that ruin their computers and then complain about them not working.

|

10/6/2011 1:30 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

yeah im that retarded

yeah and your a fucken moron too

|

10/6/2011 1:46 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

Dolphin wrote:

He rips people off by making a product, then making an even better product a month later. I'm not saying that the products are bad.

|

10/6/2011 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2011 2:26 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He rips people off by making a product, then making an even better product a month later. I'm not saying that the products are bad.

How is that a rip off? Look up Moore's Law.....
Technology is at the point where it is progressively getting better and better by the day.

Let's say you buy a brand new 2011 car, when the 2012 version comes out, are you going to be mad?
It's the same concept, except electronics "get better" at a faster rate...

|

10/6/2011 2:38 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

Dolphin wrote:

ryan_mutiny wrote:

you want apple (lets face it, although he was the face, he wasn't really the body anymore) to wait till they stop innovating to put out a product? how long do you want them to wait? ill send an email to them so they can stop making new products until your ready to buy a new one.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

10/6/2011 2:42 PM

ryan_mutiny wrote:

He ripped people off.

Dolphin wrote:

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

I have had the same ipod for about 6 years now, and my Macbook pro has been running strong for a 1.5 years. It still runs like brand new, and I do web development and software development on it.
I have no sympathy for people that ruin their computers and then complain about them not working.

same iphone for almost 4 years and same macbook pro for almost 2 and a half. currently no change in performance from either with no replacements except a new computer battery that i got for free. its really impossible to say stuff like that about non Apple electronics.

not to mention that i sometimes run
photoshop
illustrator
autocad
and Rhinoceros

at the same time.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?