Tesla Giga Factory!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2014 12:13 PM

They're building about 45 minutes away. Our economy needed this. We got it mainly because we have the only lithium mine in the U.S.

|

9/6/2014 1:05 PM

Well...hopefully the fumes aren't too bad tongue

Good for jobs etc though!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/7/2014 1:44 AM

I've read a few things about this over the last few months and it's honestly a do the positives outweigh the negatives type of deal. Yes it's going to create thousands of jobs, bring billions of dollars, possibly introduce more than one actually respectable electric car to the market in the price range of the middle class, cutting down on emissions and all that bs. But on the other hand, there's also no way to tell how much pollution it's going to create not only near the factory itself, but on a global scale with all the batteries that will have to be dumped somewhere when they're deemed useless after 10 years or however long it takes. That shit never goes away once it's put into the ground, and destroys all the land around it. But I guess we'll see how they deal with it soon enough since it's been green-lit already. The fact that they're putting it as close to the lithium mine as possible was a smart choice tho I guess since they're trying to eliminate the middle man and all the bs that comes with transporting hazardous materials. That right there will probably save them possibly billions over a short period of time.

|

9/7/2014 12:46 PM

-Havok- wrote:

I've read a few things about this over the last few months and it's honestly a do the positives outweigh the negatives type of ...more

It'll be dumped back into the government's state, nevada. Nevada is 86% government land, and they can do whatever with it. We're the site of a new nuclear dump site, the wildlife population is low. The is going to be powered entirely from solar power. Nevada is the U.S.'s shittiest state. We're here for nuclear waste, gambling, hookers, solar and geothermal energy.

|

9/7/2014 12:51 PM

-Havok- wrote:

I've read a few things about this over the last few months and it's honestly a do the positives outweigh the negatives type of ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

It'll be dumped back into the government's state, nevada. Nevada is 86% government land, and they can do whatever with it. ...more

And the nuclear waste site isn't in use yet. We dug under a mountain, thousands of stories below, and even have a railroad leading into the place.

|

9/7/2014 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2014 9:06 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

It'll be dumped back into the government's state, nevada. Nevada is 86% government land, and they can do whatever with it. ...more

Yeah true. So I guess it could be alot worse. We'll see what the long term affects of that will be as well. Not like anyone can tell the government anything at this point anyways. I do however agree with the other 4 things. Lol

|

9/7/2014 9:35 PM

Man, NM was in a bid for that, fuck you for winning it.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/8/2014 11:49 AM

The mining etc used to one set of batteries for a Prius does more harm than a Jaguar V-8 over a lifespan of 150k miles. Just saying.

So yea, the car is better on emissions after it is made, BUT the batteries are WAY WORSE to make.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2014 9:20 AM

what they should work on is other forms of fuel to fuel vehicles, like solar, bio fuels (peanut and hemp seed oils), more efficient engines like some that vw are working on

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/12/2014 8:50 AM

IT's messed up because most people dont care about the electric cars to help the enviroment(which as stated is nonexistent anyway) but they care about the car to save them money of fuel. The average consumer just wants to save a couple of extra dollars.

|

9/12/2014 10:20 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The mining etc used to one set of batteries for a Prius does more harm than a Jaguar V-8 over a lifespan of 150k miles. Just ...more

Shhhh. The wanna be environmentalist hipsters will find out and educate themselves for once. Then my economy boost will go away.

|

9/12/2014 10:31 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I thought you'd come in. Hey, your state is still pretty nice compared to Nevada. I'd move there. We have cyanide and arsenic in deadly levels in our water. If we drink enough tap water, we glow under black light. Oh, and we have the highest leukemia rates in the world (In my town particularly! Not sure if it's the arsenic, cyanide, jet fuel pipeline, nuclear exposure, or the plain fact Nevada sucks.)

P.s., All of Nevada, besides the reno/Tahoe area, sucks.

|

9/13/2014 4:57 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I thought you'd come in. Hey, your state is still pretty nice compared to Nevada. I'd move there. We have cyanide and arsenic ...more

I'll see your leukemia and raise you the county with the highest percentage of heroin addicts in the WORLD, 2nd lowest graduation rate, 2nd highest poverty rate, 2nd highest drunk driving rate.

|

9/13/2014 5:05 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I thought you'd come in. Hey, your state is still pretty nice compared to Nevada. I'd move there. We have cyanide and arsenic ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I'll see your leukemia and raise you the county with the highest percentage of heroin addicts in the WORLD, 2nd lowest ...more

Guess what? You're second worst in graduation, we're THE worst! And c'mon, we got mormons up the wazoo, more than you guys to say the least. Where's your cult that singles out non members and shames them out of the community?

|

9/18/2014 8:57 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I'll see your leukemia and raise you the county with the highest percentage of heroin addicts in the WORLD, 2nd lowest ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

Guess what? You're second worst in graduation, we're THE worst! And c'mon, we got mormons up the wazoo, more than you guys to ...more

ill raise you all with buffalo.

top three in most depressed
top 5 in most violent
one of the main potential terrorist targets (in the world)

not to mention the rust belt was already so bad we barely even got hit by the recession.

and drinking and drugs are whatever here. mainly hush hush. we don't really give a fuck about em. the whole city drinks til 4am in bars. we usually don't get in shit for dueys. but when they do your fucked

on another note. we awesome.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/18/2014 3:21 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Guess what? You're second worst in graduation, we're THE worst! And c'mon, we got mormons up the wazoo, more than you guys to ...more

sketchytravis wrote:

top 5 in most violent
one of the main potential terrorist targets ...more

I live two miles from the #2 most potential terrorist attack spot in the USA.

|

9/18/2014 5:54 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

top 5 in most violent
one of the main potential terrorist targets ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

I live two miles from the #2 most potential terrorist attack spot in the USA.

I don't know where exactly it is on the list, but Los Alamos National Laboratory (tons of nuclear and weapons research) IS my town. And it's a pretty big terrorist target.

|