The FCC: Internet Neutrality 2017

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2017 12:13 PM

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, a quick Google search will do the trick. Many articles are uploaded as we speak. In a nutshell, the freedom to browse the internet will be, possibly, no more by the end of this year.

Here’s the most recent as of my post here...
http://fortune.com/2017/11/23/net-neutrality-explained-what-it-means-and-why-it-matters/

Wanna start a discussion?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/25/2017 2:10 AM

this was on here in 2012, i remember signing the petition haha. cant believe theyre still trying

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/25/2017 12:12 PM

Spenlard wrote:

this was on here in 2012, i remember signing the petition haha. cant believe theyre still trying

Haha, I actually read about how the last issue was back then. Hopefully this doesn't go through.

|

@scootereyn

11/29/2017 10:56 PM

Probably just fake news to take people's attention from more important issues. I can't see it actually happening, but if it does, that's just further proof that the rich are happy to get richer from the exploitation of the poor.

|

11/30/2017 4:54 AM

there's alot of fight against the bill, so I doubt it will pass.... but crazier things have happened before.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

12/2/2017 4:30 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

there's alot of fight against the bill, so I doubt it will pass.... but crazier things have happened before.

Yeah, I've seen how it's unlikely to be passed, but I guess it's true that you never know sometimes...

|

@scootereyn

12/13/2017 12:26 PM

Everyone has a price, sadly some people have a lower price.

I read that one of the Senators FOR the bill took a 96K payout to be in support of it. 96K to literally destroy the internet into a "pay to play" setup full of micro-transactions...it's like they are trying to have it run by EA.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/13/2017 9:50 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Everyone has a price, sadly some people have a lower price.

I read that one of the Senators FOR the bill took a 96K payout ...more

Wow, that’s mad.

I guess it’ll all be settled tomorrow, though. We’ll know the future of the web after the votes are in.

|

@scootereyn

12/14/2017 1:33 PM

Now that Net Neutrality has been repealed...

This might be going to court... ?

|

@scootereyn

12/14/2017 2:28 PM

I honestly don't think it's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. I keep seeing people posting things saying netlix is gonna charge $10 per movie and it's gonna cost $15 a month for twitter and shit, but there is just no way. Even if they start charging extra it won't be that much because most people just can't afford it. They wouldn't charge the highest price that a few people would pay, they would charge the highest price that the most people would be willing to pay. And i really doubt they would be maximizing profits by charging $10 per movie on netflix.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2017 3:02 PM

That's true, and at least it's gonna be likely that this issue is being taken to Congress, hopefully...

|

@scootereyn