Traveling soon

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2014 2:34 AM

So im looking around for a bag to put my bike in for the plane ride this one is a lot cheaper than the golf bag on dans comp do you think a bike would bit in it? http://www.amazon.com/CaddyDaddy-Constrictor-Golf-Travel-Cover/dp/B007OLJJ0A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PDKE9KXN6CZZF69XP0Q

|

4/12/2014 3:41 AM

It looks legit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/12/2014 7:29 AM

Idk you might have trouble with the wheels fitting.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/12/2014 7:56 AM

If you are traveling somewhere you have friends or family, id ship the bike out then bringing it on the plane, if you can.

|

4/12/2014 10:04 AM

Ship the bike, don't bring it, trust me on this one because i've already had a frame and wheelset lost due to the airports negligence.

|

4/12/2014 5:08 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Ship the bike, don't bring it, trust me on this one because i've already had a frame and wheelset lost due to the airports ...more

did they admit their error and pay a fee or whatever?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/15/2014 8:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 8:28 AM

sbc785 wrote:

Ship the bike, don't bring it, trust me on this one because i've already had a frame and wheelset lost due to the airports ...more

A buddy did this, it was 55 bucks one way, and they took two weeks to get it back to him on the return side...they told him they lost it...

I would definitely consider this, OR pull your bike apart, put some in one checked bag and some in another, and if asked, they are just bike parts. If they see a whole bike, you can be charged 250+ for sending it, just parts fly free.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/15/2014 3:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

A buddy did this, it was 55 bucks one way, and they took two weeks to get it back to him on the return side...they told him ...more

I might do that this summer, i will put parts in devided in 4 bags, i hope my frame fits in one of them.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/15/2014 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 7:49 PM

I've brought my MTB with me in my luggage before when traveling back East. I did exactly what Dave said to do. Only problem is that i had to pay extra to bring an extra bag on the plane but my wheels were too big to fit on the luggage racks so they had to go to the back but my frame/forks/pedals easily fit into a duffle bag.

IMO, ship the bike, get insurance for it (double the amount your shit is worth) and have it priority mailed. It may cost you about $80 to ship it but that's peace of mind.

Like I said, i've brought bikes on multiple trips, probably 15+ by now, i've only had 1 bike lost.

|

4/22/2014 4:35 PM

Expect your bike to most likely come off that plan in a worse condition than it was when you put it on. I use a ogio bike bag every time I fly and the last few times my frame got dented up.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding