VLNT critique thread

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2012 1:02 PM

Hey everyone I just wanted to do a little introduction to my brand that's setting up to launch our indiegogo next Monday. VLNT prides itself on quality over quantity utilizing amazing garments that will stand up to whatever you throw at it. We are looking for your input on the brand and what you'd like to see us produce.

Our indiegogo is set to launch on Monday November 6th. Since I can't afford to get the amount of product that is required to re-launch this brand I need your guy's help! Indiegogo is a crowdfunding site that will act as if you are just pre-ordering the gear except you get some special goodies when you help us out! Those goodies will include everything from poster's to stickers and even a custom helmet to one lucky winner! Just so you know indiegogo is a all or nothing site so if I dont raise the amount I need you guy's dont pay any money and I dont get any of the money!

I appreciate the support!
If you want to follow our journey on facebook the link is in my signature! Likes and Shares are always amazing!

*Shirts are on templates not actually printed yet!
Shirts will be printed on canvas 3001 with printed neck tag, hang tag and hem tag.
Will also be offering belts, cut and sew products and sweet sticker packs if we surpass our indiegogo goal!

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

11/1/2012 1:05 PM

i don't understand the idea of plastering your logo all over a t-shirt and then selling it...i want a nice shirt with some legit designs (like the top 2), i don't like wearing a companies logo, i feel like a brand whore.

|

11/1/2012 1:12 PM

Yeah I agree. I think you should make a collaboration shirt with Ron Jeremy and get Ron on a shirt. The Ron Jeremy shirts are kind of getting "hard" to find lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/1/2012 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2012 1:18 PM

The reason why brand's do this technique is because of the marketing value, whether that marketing is just a person walking around on the street or a competition where its easily identified. Thankfully if you dont like that style of clothing we are wanting to do cut and sew shirts that I think you might like better, only a hem tag for the branding!

|

11/1/2012 1:25 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah I agree. I think you should make a collaboration shirt with Ron Jeremy and get Ron on a shirt. The Ron Jeremy shirts are kind of getting "hard" to find lol.

Lol I see what you did there!

|

11/1/2012 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2012 1:38 PM

VLNT wrote:

The reason why brand's do this technique is because of the marketing value, whether that marketing is just a person walking around on the street or a competition where its easily identified. Thankfully if you dont like that style of clothing we are wanting to do cut and sew shirts that I think you might like better, only a hem tag for the branding!

if you release some shirts with nice designs on them they'll sell better than ones with a logo, just look at Sullen Clothing for example. You should throw some shirts our way and we'll do some great advertising, i'd wear one for that purpose just to help a new company out (i've done it before and i liked the idea, lol)

|

11/1/2012 1:39 PM

sbc785 wrote:

if you release some shirts with nice designs on them they'll sell better than ones with a logo, just look at Sullen Clothing for example. You should throw some shirts our way and we'll do some great advertising, i'd wear one for that purpose just to help a new company out (i've done it before and i liked the idea, lol)

Agree with him on that, i wont buy shirts even if they look awesome if they have a gigantic logo plastered on there.

|

11/1/2012 1:58 PM

sbc785 wrote:

If you guy's email me your addresses at violentsupplyco@gmail.com I'll shoot some stickers your way I should be getting in a while. I would love to hook you guy's up with some free stuff!

|

11/1/2012 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2012 2:12 PM

i'll email you now, my email is sfar785@yahoo.com

|

11/1/2012 2:11 PM

Four wrote:

VLNT wrote:

Lol I see what you did there!

Hahahaha yeah smile But I agree with the others, people would rather pay 20 dollars for a shirt with a cool design rather than a generic looking one with a logo on it, there's already plenty of Skate/BMX companies for that. I guess maybe you could do logos on the sleeve, like what skate companies did in the early 2000's. I think Volcom did it with band shirts too. That way the people will know who made it and it won't too generic or boring.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/1/2012 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2012 2:14 PM

i want a company to make a legit reversible shirt, a design on the inside and outside, we all know most guys don't wash their shit (especially college kids) on a regular basis, haha.

|

11/1/2012 2:26 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i want a company to make a legit reversible shirt, a design on the inside and outside, we all know most guys don't wash their shit (especially college kids) on a regular basis, haha.

haha thats an awesome Idea! Ive seen reversible jackets but never a shirt. I'll definitely do some research into that and see whats available! Love the Idea

|

11/1/2012 3:11 PM

Affliction made them before but i want a good company to make them, not a bro company.

|

11/1/2012 6:07 PM

Dude ill email you! Need some stickers for my new phone case. And The first two are really nice, even like the one with the lion thing. The other ones aren't as good but that's a badass dinosaur!

|

Follow me on Instagram! @marlozorman

11/1/2012 8:32 PM

Just emailed you back man!

|

11/1/2012 8:51 PM

These are some pretty decent designs, good luck with your company.

|

11/1/2012 9:54 PM

Thanks man much appreciated!

|

11/2/2012 3:40 PM

I would buy the raptor jesus shirt in a heartbeat.

|

uuuuuuuuhhhh

11/2/2012 3:57 PM

LucasRidesBikes wrote:

I would buy the raptor jesus shirt in a heartbeat.

Thanks Man! Just to let everyone know our IndieGoGo starts on Monday, November 5th, thats when you guy's can start pre-ordering some gear! And again if anybody wants stickers just email me your address at violentsupplyco@gmail.com

|

11/2/2012 7:11 PM

i like all the designs actually tongue i think they look sweet. id buy a couple in a heartbeat. smile good luck with your company bro i like the shirts a lot. Do you think u can send down some free stickers and posters ? im re-doing my room and need some bmx posters. i only have one so far and its animal bike co. i could also use the stickers on my helmet, and my wall in my room wink smile tongue thanks !

|

Premium Products. BTM dream bike. Trans red.

11/2/2012 9:27 PM

Thanks man! Once I get the sticker's in I'll send them out to everyone! Just shoot me an email Christian! violentsupplyco@gmail.com

|

11/2/2012 10:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2012 10:03 PM

the top two are pretty cool. thats not my style of tee though. im more into regular tees, not that body hugging style lol. id like to help promote your company. is it alright if i send you a email for a sticker or two?

edit: that raptor shirt is badass man.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

11/2/2012 10:16 PM

Thanks man and for sure shoot me an email!

|

11/2/2012 10:28 PM

The t's look pretty good. Although i must ask what Is Violent Animal Supply co. about? Are you here to support Bmx and help the sport grow or are you here to try and make some profit of teenagers who nag at their parents for stuff they want? Also how does a gas mask and a dinosaur represent violent? Just wanted to throw those questions out there =D I must admit the top two designs look pretty darn good.

|

11/3/2012 12:32 AM

I've been waiting for that question wink! Lets start with the company itself and what I want to do. VLNT is an action sports lifestyle brand mainly at the moment focusing on bmx and mtb. I personaly have raced for 14 years, ever since I was six so Ive been around the sport all my life. I've always loved the bigger brands not so much in our sport but skate and snow, a brand like Quicksilver who took care of there sport and athletes. They host event's to find new up and coming rider's who other words wouldnt have a chance to make it, they sponsor events and would give an arm and a leg to help there riders. You dont see that as much in our sport and thats what I want to change. I want to create a brand thats not going to tell a rider hey your sponsored here's a shirt and forget about them. I want to know how there doing, what they need from me to get better, and of course help paying there way to competition. I want them to be proud to be sponsored by VLNT. I want to hold local competition's to urge rider's to get better. There is a lot of small thing as a company I can do to help this sport grow. That is my number one goal above anything else.

Now to the shirt designs/the style behind the brand. Our first launch is more or less about how vicious humans and mother nature is. This release is a very gritty release compared to shirt's Ive released in the past and Im really digging it. Mother nature and Humans are very violent, case in point war for the humans side which is where I came up with the idea for the gas mask. War has been in our blood since the beginning of man and I think the gas mask is one of the most widely known objects that has come from the evolution of war. The vicious lion show's how mother nature can create a perfect "war machine" that has survived and adapted through thousands of years. The religious dino is what I believe to be the representation of how violent religion is,(Not to step on anybody's toes) and how it has effected humanity through thousands of years. The final logo tee's are exactly what they sound like, I love my logo and I want to show it off.

I love the support you guy's have given me and would love if you guy's could help me a little more and like and share our facebook. I cant do this without your guy's help! I appreciate it dudes

|

11/3/2012 9:19 AM

lol =) Thats great man, although i must say more often than not alot of companies start with your enthusiasm then somewhere in the future it suddenly fades. Keep it up =D I guess if you were really looking for money you wouldn't start a company supporting something like bmx and mtb =P I liked you up =)

|

11/3/2012 10:55 AM

you guys should make some original designs instead of taking other peoples work and throwing them on your shirts. i'm talking about the raptor jesus one specifically.

|

11/3/2012 10:55 AM

VLNT wrote:

Thanks man! Once I get the sticker's in I'll send them out to everyone! Just shoot me an email Christian! violentsupplyco@gmail.com

just sent you an email smile

|

Premium Products. BTM dream bike. Trans red.

11/3/2012 11:16 AM

cky199 wrote:

you guys should make some original designs instead of taking other peoples work and throwing them on your shirts. i'm talking about the raptor jesus one specifically.

All these design's have been designed specifically for me, if you could shoot me an email at violentsupplyco@gmail.com I'd love to see where this design has been done before so I can talk to my graphic designer.

|

11/3/2012 11:31 AM

|