Volkswagens

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2012 12:06 PM

Don't know if there's already a thread.
If you love em or drive one, post em up!
I'll start it off with mine

Picked her up earlier this year, got a few good things done so far

2005 VW GTI 1.8t
Cloth/5spd/loaded

Bilstein PS9 Coilovers.
H&R 20mm spacers in the rear
Joey Mod headlights
Debadged everything
Black rubstrips
VAG COM higher boost + open throttle body

What shes getting over winter:

Full 3" Stainless Turbo Back exhaust
Unitronic Stage 2+ Tune
Roof Rack
20th Lip kit
R32 shift knob
Snow Camo headliner and pillars
ESM 002 BBS RS 17x10 4"lip

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

11/14/2012 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 12:20 PM

there's 2 types of cars i will never own....VDubs and DSM's, too many problems for my liking. Plus, i can swap and boost a poorman's Type-R into an EM1 for the price it would cost me to own any Volkswagen.

and i test drove a newer GTI Golf...my Fit > that Golf.

although one of the sexiest cars i have ever seen is this one:

THIS car with a little less negative camber in the rear would be awesome to own if it wasn't for them constantly breaking:

|

11/14/2012 12:20 PM

sbc785 wrote:

there's 2 types of cars i will never own....VDubs and DSM's, too many problems for my liking. Plus, i can swap and boost a poorman's Type-R into an EM1 for the price it would cost me to own any Volkswagen.

and i test drove a newer GTI Golf...my Fit > that Golf.

although one of the sexiest cars i have ever seen is this one:

THIS car with a little less negative camber in the rear would be awesome to own if it wasn't for them constantly breaking:

funny this is ive had this car since february, have put 25,000 miles on it, and never once has it broken down on me. dont knock one until you own one.

theyre arent super cheap cars like hondas, because theyre actually built well and a lot more refined

|

11/14/2012 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 12:49 PM

Hahaha, everyone knows Japanese cars last longer than European cars. I've had 2 brand new BMW's and enough euro friends who owned VW's to know to stay away from them. My last Civic not only would outlast a VW of the same year but it would smash one at the track. It's not that a VW is built better its that the parts are double the cost of JDM and USDM parts because, well, it's a European car...it's why I sold my 500hp 325ci

|

11/14/2012 12:58 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Hahaha, everyone knows Japanese cars last longer than European cars. I've had 2 brand new BMW's and enough euro friends who owned VW's to know to stay away from them. My last Civic not only would outlast a VW of the same year but it would smash one at the track. It's not that a VW is built better its that the parts are double the cost of JDM and USDM parts because, well, it's a European car...it's why I sold my 500hp 325ci

lmao funny because every honda i see around my area, is a broken down piece of shit on the side of the road, not hating, a couple are nice, but rice is wack. ill stick with my good running, as well as clean looking car.

|

11/14/2012 12:59 PM

Regardless if you're just going to talk about rice piles, go make a thread for it and leave it out of mine n00b

|

11/14/2012 1:04 PM

i am in love with volkswagens... i want one soooo bad. i'm only 14 though and i want it for my 17th birthday.

|

Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential.STREET DAWG. [url=http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/the-day-has-come,1274784]>BIKE CHECK HERE

11/14/2012 2:16 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Regardless if you're just going to talk about rice piles, go make a thread for it and leave it out of mine n00b

sbc may be new..he is no n00b tho..he knows more about anything than most people on here...but he can be a bit of an ass...we still love him

|

Photobucket

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

11/14/2012 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 4:39 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

lol, can't take any criticism about the car you purchased because you don't wanna hear that a Honda could be nice because either you're just really dumb or just blind.

didn't know this was a rice pile:

I'd put this rice pile up against your VDub any day seeing as how yours is mostly stock. I didn't come here to talk shit on your car, don't care to, just don't call every Honda a pile of rice just because your car isn't anything compared to someone who put time and effort into their Honda.

and FYI: Kswap EK coupe > ANY Vdub, not a single stock VW can touch a Civic with a stock K-series.

and congrats that your car made it 25,000 miles, i'd sure as fuck hope it does...i'm talking high mileage, when you actually put some miles on the motor to test them (especially a boosted motor) then come tell me how much you love your Volkswagen.

|

11/14/2012 4:56 PM

most people dont boost a high mileage motor bro. im not hating on the fit, although its hard to take serious, i like wheels!
wasnt trying to be a dick, but were both biased on our cars, i made a thread for volkswagens, if you feel the need do the same for hondas lol. i like volkswagens, so naturally i'll pick one over a honda. none of my vw's have ever left me stranded. being a car guy, you could probably agree, if you maintain a car hows its supposed to, it wont give you many problems.

with that being said, i udnerstand hondas can be way faster than volkswagens, speed isnt something i care too much about, but there isnt a car id rather listen to than an .:R32

|

11/14/2012 4:58 PM

Nice whip yo. Simplicity is key in my book.

Really need to save a bit more cash and get my WRX.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

11/14/2012 5:06 PM

honestly pintos are the best cars you can get, cheap, reliable, and fast as fuck

|

Photobucket

11/14/2012 5:10 PM

|

11/14/2012 5:12 PM

|

11/14/2012 6:38 PM

i have a 74 bug, still not sure if i'm gonna bag it and turn it into a rat rod or just drive it as is.

really wanna do this:

|

11/14/2012 6:48 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i have a 74 bug, still not sure if i'm gonna bag it and turn it into a rat rod or just drive it as is.

really wanna do this:

do you really want to do this???
|

Photobucket

11/14/2012 6:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 6:50 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

most people dont boost a high mileage motor bro. im not hating on the fit, although its hard to take serious, i like wheels!
wasnt trying to be a dick, but were both biased on our cars, i made a thread for volkswagens, if you feel the need do the same for hondas lol. i like volkswagens, so naturally i'll pick one over a honda. none of my vw's have ever left me stranded. being a car guy, you could probably agree, if you maintain a car hows its supposed to, it wont give you many problems.

with that being said, i udnerstand hondas can be way faster than volkswagens, speed isnt something i care too much about, but there isnt a car id rather listen to than an .:R32

plenty of people boost high-mileage motors, although most either re-sleeve their block, bore their cylinders and put all new piston/rings/bearings/rods, etc in it. Hell, i've seen kids boost SOHC motors with 200k+ miles on it and still push 8 lbs with a t3/t4 and make good HP.
As for the Fit, it's in the same class as the new Golf and with a few grand into the car it's boosted with a k-swap, V8's can't can't even come close to it AND it can out handle a larger car.

|

11/14/2012 7:36 PM

Not hating on anyone but, i find it funny how people say if i do this to this or if i get this mod for my car or if i do this engine swap it would beat yours easily etc, but that goes with any car, it just depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much time and effort you want to put into the car, you could buy a broken heap of shit for $200 and spend a shit tonne of money on it and it would beat a lot of cars.I personally would not do many mods for a engine unless i plan on doing track racing/drifting etc, what's the point of having a powerful car when you're not even allowed to go fast in it in the streets and must abide by a speed limit and most of the time you end up being stuck in traffic anyway.

|

11/14/2012 7:37 PM

Owned a 97 Jetta 5spd, never again. Crapped out on me a couple months after owning it, electrical went to shit and it just snowballed from there. I'm not claiming to be a great driver so I wasnt surprised I shot the tranny. I think the most fun I had with it was seeing it being towed away to the junkyard

|

11/14/2012 8:07 PM

sbc785 wrote:

lol, can't take any criticism about the car you purchased because you don't wanna hear that a Honda could be nice because either you're just really dumb or just blind.

I'd put this rice pile up against your VDub any day seeing as how yours is mostly stock. I didn't come here to talk shit on your car, don't care to, just don't call every Honda a pile of rice just because your car isn't anything compared to someone who put time and effort into their Honda.

and FYI: Kswap EK coupe > ANY Vdub, not a single stock VW can touch a Civic with a stock K-series.

and congrats that your car made it 25,000 miles, i'd sure as fuck hope it does...i'm talking high mileage, when you actually put some miles on the motor to test them (especially a boosted motor) then come tell me how much you love your Volkswagen.

It's just my opinion, but I think that FIT looks terrible. The rear wheels are way to small for the wheel well, which makes it look bad. Your FIT looks so much better, that one my be a bit better with some negative camber but I think it's disgusting how it is.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

11/14/2012 9:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 9:15 PM

Vw are good till 100,000 miles then they go to shit even with regular scheduled maintence. I speak from experience. I had a nice low miles mk4 Jetta

|

11/14/2012 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2012 11:51 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

sbc785 wrote:

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

It's just my opinion, but I think that FIT looks terrible. The rear wheels are way to small for the wheel well, which makes it look bad. Your FIT looks so much better, that one my be a bit better with some negative camber but I think it's disgusting how it is.

the fender wells is what makes it look weird, the car in the pic had 15"s on it so it didn't fill out but you can't lay body on 17"s. I've seen Fits at Dub shows, they're clean as fuck, you rarely see VDubs anymore.

Richard, you know what i'm talking about, there isn't a SINGLE VW around our area that's nice, they're all junk and it's not because of the owner, it's because they break down...fuckin' German engineering. Honda's and Nissan (maybe a little Toyota) own the import scene...VDub don't stand a chance. Shit, look at Shelby's MKIII, she put THOUSANDS into that car and it's still just a yard queen, Billy put money into his Passat and he had to sell it because it would never run right...there have been DOZENS of guys in our area to attempt the EDM scene with VW and they've all been sold or traded for Japanese...the gook cars just require way less maintenance then a german car.

here's a decent Fit.

and the original Fit i posted was bagged, it can go +/- 4"

|

11/14/2012 11:55 PM

Trev wrote:

Not hating on anyone but, i find it funny how people say if i do this to this or if i get this mod for my car or if i do this engine swap it would beat yours easily etc, but that goes with any car, it just depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much time and effort you want to put into the car, you could buy a broken heap of shit for $200 and spend a shit tonne of money on it and it would beat a lot of cars.I personally would not do many mods for a engine unless i plan on doing track racing/drifting etc, what's the point of having a powerful car when you're not even allowed to go fast in it in the streets and must abide by a speed limit and most of the time you end up being stuck in traffic anyway.

You can buy a $500 Civic shell, swap in a $1200 GSR motor, add a $900 turbo kit and break 11's like cake. If you really wanna get scientific you can do like i did...get a cheap EG coupe shell for the $500 i paid, pay $200 for an LS (b18b1 swap) and boost it for under $1000...then have it tuned to maximum HP (probably around 350hp but for a 1400lbs car that's not bad) and you'll break into the 10 sec 1/4 mile....of course it won't be a DD unless you turn the boost down. I was all about EDM when i was younger, i loved my Bimmer's but still, the 560+hp car i had wouldn't beat a Civic with half the HP thanks to power to weight ratio. Plus, a properly done up Civic looks way better than anything EDM minus an M3 of any year, but an M3 costs how much? yeah, it's made out of gold.

|

11/15/2012 6:29 AM

NISSAN.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

11/15/2012 8:34 AM

Me? wrote:

NISSAN.

i want an S13 but i don't know dick about Nissan engines besides what i've seen my friends do. Castl3mag!c has had like 30 of them fuckers but he keeps trying to play with Honda's, it's not working out well for him.

|

11/15/2012 11:40 AM

deff bag the beetle and rat rod it man, itd look amazing. as for everyone else, vw's depend a lot on getting a lemon or a good car. luckily ive always had good ones, because i spent a good amount of money to get a low miles car, with all maintenance up to date and always been garage kept, also had an adult owner previously. if you take care of a car, and have some sense of mechanical ability, it can go a long way. youre not going to buy a car and drive it 200,000 miles without a lot of maintenance work. they can be great cars, so far all ive done is a water pump, my car pulls really hard for stock (starting to think its running a tune or chip that im not aware of, my 3rd gear pulls to 100, which is decently quick, these can become fast cars with little money as well, a $500 stage 2+ tune will have me at 260hp and 21 lbs of boost, not bad. they arent everyones cup of tea, but i love the clean design and refined interior of volkswagens, not to mention the scene involved around it.cheers!

|

11/15/2012 11:41 AM

Me? wrote:

NISSAN.

sbc785 wrote:

i want an S13 but i don't know dick about Nissan engines besides what i've seen my friends do. Castl3mag!c has had like 30 of them fuckers but he keeps trying to play with Honda's, it's not working out well for him.

one of the only cars id love to trade my vw for would be a s13/s14, so sexy

|

11/15/2012 12:37 PM

this is how she sits now:

it has a fully rebuilt motor and tranny ready to drop back in it, bodywork is done and it just needs glass and to be put back together. As it sits now i can bag it and chop it, or i can put it all back together and just get new glass, then paint it. I've had this car for years but because of my RX7 and the many Honda's i've had i haven't had time to dedicate to this car.

this would be awesome:

|

11/15/2012 2:35 PM

Hey sbc, just wondering is your Honda Fit the same as the Australian version called a Honda Jazz?

|

11/15/2012 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2012 2:52 PM

yup, it's only called the Fit in the U.S. and Canada (maybe Mexico too), but it's the Jazz in all the other parts of the world.

the USDM version has a different rear bumper, front clip and taillights (also a lot of interior stuff is different)

|