What do you guys do when bored at work?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2016 2:20 PM

Here I am again at work with nothing productive to do. Today's projects are completed yet I am stuck here due to remaining hours. I didn't bring my bike either so I can do flatland in the parking lot :{

Guess I'm doomed to haunt the forums and watch netflix in my office.

What do you folks do in this kinda situation? Neflix can only go so far and sexting your wife just makes the wait more torturous!

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/11/2016 2:34 PM

I fortunately do not work.

What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/11/2016 2:38 PM

Main job I work in a Diagnostic Laboratory and side jobs are tattoo artist and plumber/house repair man.

|

1/11/2016 2:43 PM

My career supports my family; my side jobs support my hobby (building BMX bikes and PCs, plus buying video games).

|

1/11/2016 2:44 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Main job I work in a Diagnostic Laboratory and side jobs are tattoo artist and plumber/house repair man.

That's actually pretty rad. The laboratory is okay with tattoos? Got any piercings?

|

1/11/2016 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2016 2:47 PM

My piercings closed years ago and you can't see my tattoos when I have a lab coat on. I have tattoos like a yakuza sorta, so when I wear a long sleeved suit you can't see them. No tatts on hands, neck, face, etc.

|

1/11/2016 2:54 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

My piercings closed years ago and you can't see my tattoos when I have a lab coat on. I have tattoos like a yakuza sorta, so when I wear a long sleeved suit you can't see them. No tatts on hands, neck, face, etc.

That's sweet dude.If that's you in your avatar those are so good. What piercings did you have?

|

1/11/2016 3:24 PM

I had left eyebrow, both ears, and the middle of my bottom lip pierced. The skull on my back means great change and has no kind of criminal relations. If you're interested in that kind of style of tattoos it's called irezumi smile

|

1/11/2016 6:56 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I had left eyebrow, both ears, and the middle of my bottom lip pierced. The skull on my back means great change and has no kind of criminal relations. If you're interested in that kind of style of tattoos it's called irezumi smile

Nice! I have my bridge and had my lip pierced 3 times one on each side and vertical in middle but I'm down to one since the other was torn out. I also had my ears stretched to 2-1/4" but they're down to 1-3/4" now. no tattoos though too big of a pussy haha. Irezumi looks awesome though! Props man.

|

1/11/2016 8:17 PM

Four wrote:

Nice! I have my bridge and had my lip pierced 3 times one on each side and vertical in middle but I'm down to one since the other was torn out. I also had my ears stretched to 2-1/4" but they're down to 1-3/4" now. no tattoos though too big of a pussy haha. Irezumi looks awesome though! Props man.

LOL the reason I began to get tattoos years ago was because I am a pussy! I thought it would help make me tougher or give me some kind of confidence. In the end it works against me :{

Ya see I'm super shy in person/unsociable and every time I ride or build enough bravery to go to the skatepark I attract too much attention. People come up to me and ask me a lot of questions or sometimes harass me because they want to look good I guess.

In the end I consider it miracle that I am even married, but it was my wife that asked me out on a date before we got married, not the other way around. I'm lucky she's a wonderful person and of course I am faithful to her because I'm too shy to even flirt with another woman!

If you ever change your mind about getting tattoos the pain feels like pouring rubbing alcohol on a fresh cut so it's not so bad. It's only extremely painful to get tattoos behind your kneecaps, over your spine, and the sides of your ribs.

|

1/11/2016 10:29 PM

I have to look busy, otherwise I'll be given something pointless to do. It's quite easy to pretend to be busy though because I can long things out. Most of the time I'm really busy though sad

Tattoos don't really hurt, it's more of an irritating feeling imo. Some are entirely bearable, other places you just want them to finish ASAP. I think my wrist was the worst. And a big black cover up (which was a cover up of a cover up)

|

1/12/2016 10:43 AM

There is ALWAYS stuff to do in my line of work since we usually have several months of work planned.

However, sometimes the stuff I am working on might not be as exciting as other stuff (in which case it may seem boring).

|

1/12/2016 11:24 AM

We always have stuff going on (I work in a major bank fraud intake department call center) but between calls we shoot nerf guns at eachother and I tinker on Vital.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/13/2016 8:32 PM

I keep videos or music playing, videos in split screen, like windows key + left for work related, then windows key + right for entertainment. (I don't use multiple monitors. it's annoying.)

if someone looks over, "hey, wide open work obviously going on, never mind the video, he's being productive." esp when there's a tedious task at hand omg it's been nothing but angry video game nerd for three days so far...

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/13/2016 8:35 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Four wrote:

irezumi. i was wondering about that. that skull looks great man.

Four, dude how long did it take to get to 2-1/4"? that's not something I'm going for, but wow that's some dedication.

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/13/2016 8:40 PM

So I guess we are pretty much all in the same boat, cept for nerf shooting dave (lucky). I've been cutting back on the coffee lately when I go to work and I think it helps me. When I drink too much coffee I feel like time is passing by too slowly and I'm always looking for something to do.

|

1/13/2016 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2016 8:58 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

So I guess we are pretty much all in the same boat, cept for nerf shooting dave (lucky). I've been cutting back on the coffee lately when I go to work and I think it helps me. When I drink too much coffee I feel like time is passing by too slowly and I'm always looking for something to do.

haha man i worked with a guy who did that with coffee. he'd pass the time by taking multiple trips to turn the bathroom into a toxic wasteland, then leave work early complaining about how bored he was, saying it was total BS. this dude drank exotic dark by the pot, though.

we didn't know it was him blowing it up until he left, and the demonic stench left with him. no more wading in puddles of piss to use the can, too!

dave should make an edit of shooting coworkers, leaping around desks n rolling on the ground. then we can watch that and be entertained for a bit, a part of the magic.

edit: i'm not saying you're fouling up the loo like a zoo animal, btw :D just reminded me of a lot of coffee causing boredom

|

1/13/2016 9:04 PM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

irezumi. i was wondering about that. that skull looks great man.

Four, dude how long did it take to get to 2-1/4"? that's not something I'm going for, but wow that's some dedication.

It only took about 2 years, I got fairly lucky with my them lol. Here's pictures I posted on here a while ago. I may get them back that size eventually lol.

Here
And here

|

1/13/2016 9:06 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

LOL the reason I began to get tattoos years ago was because I am a pussy! I thought it would help make me tougher or give me some kind of confidence. In the end it works against me :{

Ya see I'm super shy in person/unsociable and every time I ride or build enough bravery to go to the skatepark I attract too much attention. People come up to me and ask me a lot of questions or sometimes harass me because they want to look good I guess.

In the end I consider it miracle that I am even married, but it was my wife that asked me out on a date before we got married, not the other way around. I'm lucky she's a wonderful person and of course I am faithful to her because I'm too shy to even flirt with another woman!

If you ever change your mind about getting tattoos the pain feels like pouring rubbing alcohol on a fresh cut so it's not so bad. It's only extremely painful to get tattoos behind your kneecaps, over your spine, and the sides of your ribs.

Yeah dude I know what you mean, I'm not the most outspoken either but mods seem to be a great conversation starter. Maybe someday I'll get some tattoos though! I just don't want to get anything I'll regret lol.

|

1/13/2016 9:54 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah dude I know what you mean, I'm not the most outspoken either but mods seem to be a great conversation starter. Maybe someday I'll get some tattoos though! I just don't want to get anything I'll regret lol.

I think irezumi may be for you if you decide. Every tattoo has a meaning as the Artist gets to know his client. You see I didn't really pick any of the tattoos on me; I had a conversation with the Artist. He assured me that he would do a great job and he generally explained what he was going to do; it was like this for almost a decade. The skull on my back means great change and the Artist knew that I really wanted to change so he made it super BIG saying that even if I don't change I will die trying! To counter an early death he tattooed chrysanthemum flowers on me as well which mean long-lived.

Irezumi does get a bad rep sometimes though, mostly because a lot of Asian gangsters/criminal organizations, Triad, Yakuza, etc use them also so just be aware of that.

|

1/13/2016 10:59 PM

I'm that guy that drinks too much coffee where I work.... My shit doesn't stink, but I block the toilet a couple times a week :D

|

1/13/2016 11:15 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm that guy that drinks too much coffee where I work.... My shit doesn't stink, but I block the toilet a couple times a week :D

I feel when I drink too much coffee my piss smells like it lol so much that I can smell from peeing at the urinal.

|

1/15/2016 11:55 AM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

haha man i worked with a guy who did that with coffee. he'd pass the time by taking multiple trips to turn the bathroom into a toxic wasteland, then leave work early complaining about how bored he was, saying it was total BS. this dude drank exotic dark by the pot, though.

we didn't know it was him blowing it up until he left, and the demonic stench left with him. no more wading in puddles of piss to use the can, too!

dave should make an edit of shooting coworkers, leaping around desks n rolling on the ground. then we can watch that and be entertained for a bit, a part of the magic.

edit: i'm not saying you're fouling up the loo like a zoo animal, btw :D just reminded me of a lot of coffee causing boredom

I would if I could. We work directly with customers so I can't as there is sensitive information.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/15/2016 4:21 PM

just browse youtube or listen to music.... check out whats going on here or at thecomeup...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/17/2016 2:40 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I think irezumi may be for you if you decide. Every tattoo has a meaning as the Artist gets to know his client. You see I didn't really pick any of the tattoos on me; I had a conversation with the Artist. He assured me that he would do a great job and he generally explained what he was going to do; it was like this for almost a decade. The skull on my back means great change and the Artist knew that I really wanted to change so he made it super BIG saying that even if I don't change I will die trying! To counter an early death he tattooed chrysanthemum flowers on me as well which mean long-lived.

Irezumi does get a bad rep sometimes though, mostly because a lot of Asian gangsters/criminal organizations, Triad, Yakuza, etc use them also so just be aware of that.

Yeah it could be for me man. I'm a little white dude from the midwest so hopefully that won't be a problem haha. It's definitely my favorite style of tattoo so far.

|

1/17/2016 6:21 PM

Never bored at my job.. we play crash up derby, cops and Robbers .
Tag your it. Supervisor at junk yard

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/17/2016 10:45 PM

I try to talk to random people or hot girls since I'm just standing there giving out free stuff Haha, i'm not too worried about being bored most of the time. I usually have some friends who keep me company that also work there.

At my old job we would throw ice cubes at each other and put ice in each others shirts. Oh and we would hump random objects consistently.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2016 2:05 PM

Play pumped 2 and bmx streets

|

1/20/2016 1:50 PM

I post in vital when i'm bored.

Usually it's just facebook or i take pictures of bananas i named bobby. <3

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/25/2016 6:54 PM

one try kid wrote:

I post in vital when i'm bored.

Usually it's just facebook or i take pictures of bananas i named bobby. <3

Yes yes. And used to skype :X You should carpet skate in the office mr otk.

|