Wielding

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2013 8:02 PM

When i'm older I want to be a welder. From what I know , it's good pay but hard work (Work hard play hard) . you can get about 25$ an hour and work about 10 hours a day. I'm not really smart , and I think welding would be pretty dope. I want to get into underwater welding eventually also. I think welding would be a good way to earn a good living. I want a decent house and nice clothes , with a sick BMW and as many bikes as I want. I could even weld bike parts if I wanted too ! Mind you thats the boring work.Another thing , the government would pay for my schooling, so it would be a good investment.

Think I should go for it? I've applied for a district program so I won't be in school for 2 semester next year (Still in highschool).

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/23/2013 9:12 PM

Do it! Ive been taking welding classes and its fun as hell and especially if you could get paid to go to class Id do it in a heart beat haha ive had to pay close to a thousand for all my classes because of books and equipment Ive had to buy

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/23/2013 9:16 PM

I used to BMX with an underwater welder, known him some 20 years. His diving certification get's him more work than the welding cert... he made bank painting the water coolant storage tanks in nuclear power plants. It was some weird sealant paint that doesn't let recirculated/radiated water compromise the holding cell cement.

Anyway, he's a straight vagabond that does deep ocean fishing when he doesn't have dive work. It's a tough market. Lot's of cash & then nothing for long stints. He taught me how to fix surfboards in Seattle with fiberglass, epoxy work. Great gig, but you lose lots of brain cells, even with the mask. Whatever, good luck...

|

United0Cult0

10/23/2013 9:27 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Do it! Ive been taking welding classes and its fun as hell and especially if you could get paid to go to class Id do it in a ...more

Thanks for the info ! I want to get into it sooo bad ! That just makes me want to do it more smile Yah for th district program you have to pay 800$ for supplies and books but I'll get a job and pay it myself.

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/23/2013 9:33 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Do it! Ive been taking welding classes and its fun as hell and especially if you could get paid to go to class Id do it in a ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Thanks for the info ! I want to get into it sooo bad ! That just makes me want to do it more smile Yah for th district program you ...more

try to be a mechanic and you could weld too.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/24/2013 5:20 AM

Hey great work it is good and fun but to let you know submerged oxy welding isn't to fun especially in mercy waters. Trust me, used to be part of my job. Either way go for the course it will be fun and even if you don't like it to much in the end it is always good to have something to fall back on if all else fails.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/24/2013 9:24 AM

Do it. I have a degree in welding.

Good times can be had.

As far as submerged welding, it takes a fair amount of training to do. It is a good source of income though.

Plus you can fix parts for your bikes, fix cars, make stuff.

Money can be made, just make sure that you understand that you won't necessarily make 25+ an hour right out of school.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/24/2013 3:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Do it. I have a degree in welding.

Good times can be had.

As far as submerged welding, it takes a fair amount of training to ...more

Thanks for the info !

Underwater welding is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world , it won't be the best experience but if it spooks me out and/or is challenging then at least in keeps it interesting !

And exactly , I'd want to work in a shop doing different things but if needed I can take parts in a fix it and what-not.

I know , that's for an experienced welder. I'd have to work for at least a couple of years to obtain that. I do know , welding is a necessary job (as with all trades) so getting a job is easy !

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/29/2013 3:24 PM

you want to be wielding a welder I see

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "