Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2012 3:20 PM

has/does anyone stretched their ears with silicone? like this

is it safe? there is no way i'm gonna dead stretch and tapers annoy me-_-
|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

7/13/2012 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2012 6:08 PM

don't stretch with silicone, don't stretch with anything that's porous or you'll get an infection. Best material to stretch with would be surgical steel if you're at a small enough size since they don't really make anything bigger than 00g because of the weight issues.

i'm at 7/8" right now, already been to an inch but tore my ear snowboarding.

http://www.howtostretchyourears.com/stretching-your-ears-faqs.php

|

7/14/2012 1:47 AM

sbc785 wrote:

don't stretch with silicone, don't stretch with anything that's porous or you'll get an infection. Best material to stretch with would be surgical steel if you're at a small enough size since they don't really make anything bigger than 00g because of the weight issues.

i'm at 7/8" right now, already been to an inch but tore my ear snowboarding.

http://www.howtostretchyourears.com/stretching-your-ears-faqs.php

It wont get infected :L i'm not allergic to it aha i was worrying more about the fact that it wont heal probably.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/14/2012 1:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2012 1:50 AM

oh and i'm at 6mm in my right and 4mm in my left, i wanna go up to 15mm in both

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/14/2012 10:42 AM

it can get infected, not because you're allergic to it but because the surface of silicone is porous and it can keep hidden germs in the pores which WILL infect your ears. I'm a piercer, i've been piercing for 8 years now and i've seen a lot of horrible shit when it comes to people stretching their ears...or other random holes they have.

|

7/14/2012 1:36 PM

sbc785 wrote:

it can get infected, not because you're allergic to it but because the surface of silicone is porous and it can keep hidden germs in the pores which WILL infect your ears. I'm a piercer, i've been piercing for 8 years now and i've seen a lot of horrible shit when it comes to people stretching their ears...or other random holes they have.

ah ok and yeah i've torn my ear before:L hurts so bad, i'm gonna go up to an 8mm in my right and a 6mm in my left next week

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/14/2012 5:57 PM

damn, if you didn't live across the pond i'd hook you up with all my old plugs, i have a ton of 8g-2g (not sure on the mm, i'd have to look it up).

if you have any questions just send me a message or reply in here, i can help you with anything when it comes to body modification

|

7/15/2012 3:29 AM

sbc785 wrote:

damn, if you didn't live across the pond i'd hook you up with all my old plugs, i have a ton of 8g-2g (not sure on the mm, i'd have to look it up).

if you have any questions just send me a message or reply in here, i can help you with anything when it comes to body modification

aha cheers man, i took my 6mm out for the first time today, the smell was horrible:L

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/15/2012 11:09 AM

yeah that's a mixture of dead skin and pus, lol, clean them by boiling them or get some disinfectant like bacitracine.

|

7/15/2012 12:23 PM

sbc785 wrote:

yeah that's a mixture of dead skin and pus, lol, clean them by boiling them or get some disinfectant like bacitracine.

I have cleaning thing from Clare's aha

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck

7/16/2012 8:12 PM

use metal to stretch and i use silicon, plastic or metal plugs of whatever style (usually tunnels) when i stay at a size. currently at a 0G for the last three months.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/16/2012 8:19 PM

you can use acrylic tapers to stretch and some piercers say you can use acrylic during a healing process but i don't recommend it seeing as how it's still porous. But to each his own...and silicone is actually painful to wear when you're stretching, it sticks to your skin more than metal does.

|

7/17/2012 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 2:33 PM

Lol. This is how I stretch mine every time and have for years. It's the easiest and fastest way to stretch them and hurts alot less than tapers cuz you don't have heavy tapers swinging around every time you turn your head, plus no chance of blow outs. Yeah it's porous material, but if you're doing it right, you won't get any infections. Just be patient and go up slowly. I jumped from 3/4 to 7/8 to 1" within 6 days and tore my ears open. Worst mistake I ever made just because I'm extremely impatient, and trust me, it's more than just painful. Had to wait a year for them to heal and they closed, so I got them repierced 5 months ago at a 10g, let them heal for like 2 months, and I'm already at 3/4" right now. Just gotta be patient and know what you're doing. I'm too cheap to buy earrings other than the ones I had from last time, so I've just been taping some of my plugs to make them bigger to half sizes to make stretching easier. Lol. Works like a charm, but is a pain in the ass to do right and I don't recommend it cuz I'm sure people are gonna tell me I shouldn't be, but fuck it, it works. Gotta make shit work with what you got right? Lol. I am rushing it again however, but this time I'm being careful and it's going awesome so far so I'm pretty stoked. Took me 3 years last time, but 3-4 months this time, so can't argue results. Just keep your ears clean, be patient, and don't jump sizes and you won't have a problem.

|

7/17/2012 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 2:50 PM

First, you don't leave tapers in when you stretch....and yeah, there's the right way and the wrong way, you chose the wrong way....don't tell people how to stretch their ears when you don't know what you're doing.

like i said, i've been piercing for 8 years, i've seen your kind and you're the kid that comes in with a bloody ear because he can't figure out why he just tore his ear. Stretching from a 10g to 3/4 is gonna take way longer than 3 or 4 months when done properly....and yes, you can argue results when the results ended up in a blowout or a tear.

at our larger sizes, the only things you should be using to stretch your ears is either bondage tape or a taper...i recommend the tape because you can decide how large you wanna go to at any given time. If you use silicone when you're at 7/8", you're gonna tear your ear, i've seen it happen dozens of times and hell, i can show you right now what happens when you stretch wrong...

|

7/17/2012 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 2:49 PM

Meet Phil, he doesn't know how to stretch his ears, so he stretches too quickly without letting his ear heal and let's guess what he used to stretch....silicone, it expanded too quickly and it ripped his ear in half. Now my idiot friend has to get his earlobe reconstructed or removed because he doesn't know what he's doing...this is what happens when you go from 1/2" to 1" in under 3 months.

Photo

|

7/17/2012 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 3:14 PM

Yeah, you know what you're doing and that's perfectly fine. But like I said, I got them pierced in late February at a 10g. let them heal for 6 weeks, and now I'm at 3/4" getting ready to go to to 7/8", yes, with silicone plugs like last time. I can even post recent pics of me to prove it. Yes, I'm aware I'm "not doing it properly" in your professional piercer eyes, but it's working perfectly fine for me, I've never had a blow out ever, and haven't torn my ears this time or had any problems so far, so you can't really argue it other than "it's not the right way professionally". And the guy in the pic is probably just super impatient like I was the first time, but I learned my lesson, and am being a bit more patient and careful this time and it's going perfect. And no, it doesn't take longer if you take them out and clean them every 4-5 days and tape the earrings up one size and put them back in, then repeat every week. That's exactly how I do it and really wish I would have the first time I had my ears done so it wouldn't have taken so long last time. And sad thing is, every time I've had a "professional" in a shop touch my ears, either in Cali or here in AZ, something has gone wrong or got infected. Whereas I've only fucked up once. And no, my ear didn't rip at 7/8" with the silicone. I couldn't even feel the difference between that and the 3/4", so that's what made me jump to 1" and screwed me. I knew it was a bad idea, but I tried anyways when I definately shouldn't have. Which is exactly why I'm not jumping sizes this time.

|

7/17/2012 3:11 PM

going from a 10g to 3/4 in 3 months isn't being patient, it's being reckless...it's not that my method is "professional" it's the correct way.

|

7/17/2012 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 3:16 PM

for further reference...

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Earlobe_stretching

best website for body mods is bmezine.com, its literally hundreds of years of progression of body modification stuffed into one website.

Methods

As far as how stretching is done, it's simple — you merely put larger items in your piercing until you achieve the size you desire. As far at the methods go, they are quite varied and some can be quite unique, as you stretch, you will discover what is best by "listening to your body".
Starting with Large Gauge Piercings
Stretching should only be done on a fully healed piercing, but note that you can get a head-start on the process by beginning the piercing at a large gauge (using a scalpel, dermal punch, or large-gauge piercing needle for the initial piercing).
Contrary to popular belief, a needle does not remove tissue — it cuts a curved slit. Assuming that the body part is large enough, there is no real limit as to how large you can start. Given a sufficiently experienced piercer, an initial half-inch lobe heals as quickly as a 14ga lobe. Scalpels offer larger size holes, but also require more experience to use. For the average piercer, using a 6ga or 4ga needle is a reasonable upper limit.
Taper
The most common method for stretching is the Taper, a rod that increases at one end in diameter to allow the stretch to take place as it is inserted. These can be professionally manufactured Tapers (usually made of surgical stainless steel or acrylic) or it can be things you find around the house. You will very quickly learn what materials are appropriate for your body. Everything from stainless steel or aluminium; to wood, metal or plastic knitting needles.
Weights
Weights are a very popular way to stretch lobes for many people, but generally weights are not the best way to stretch a piercing as they can cause migration of the piercing and thinning of the tissue on the bottom of the piercing.
PTFE Tape
PTFE is a widely used method of stretching piercings, mainly lobes with plugs, by wraping PTFE pipe tape around the plug and then reinserting it into the piercing. This allows small incremental increases in size as some bodies may find it difficult to adapt to larger change (ie: The difference from 0ga to 00ga is 2mm, a large size when talking in terms of stretching a piercing)
Bondage Tape
Bondage Tape is now becoming a more popular method of stretching; like PTFE tape it can be wrapped around the jewelry and reinserted into the piercing, the advantage of Bondage tape is it is slightly thicker and many find easier to work with than the thinner PTFE tape, it also; due to the thicker material, does not crease as much around the jewelry, meaning less buildup of dead skin cells (Ear Cheese). A knitting needle that has been cut down, is commonly used as the core for wrapping, with O-rings used to secure the taped "plug".

|

7/17/2012 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 3:29 PM

Okay, well like I said, that may be "the correct way", but the right way takes fucking forever to say the least. Lol. It may not be the right way, but it's working perfectly fine for me, so I'm gonna keep doing it. Only difference is now I have real silicone plugs in 7/8 and 1" and wooden 1" plugs, and I'm stopping at 1", so I won't have to tape them. I gave away all my smaller ones years ago thinking I would never have to use them again, so that's also where I screwed myself into having to tape the smaller ones. Lol. And like I said, when I tape them, I only go to half sizes that are nearly impossible to find for sale. So I'm only going up half a size every 4-5 days and keeping them extremely clean, and my ear's skin is handling it alot better than they were last time with absolutly zero pain. May not be right, but like I said, can't argue results right? And it's not really being reckless if it's not causing any damage to my earlobes and saving me from having to deal with the pain. And before someone says it, that doesn't make me a pussy either, it's called being smart. Lol

|

7/17/2012 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 3:31 PM

well if you must do it that way then just be careful

who do you order your jewelry from? i used to get mine from a catalog but i just found that Amazon has a seller that sells pretty much every size in silicone for like $4. I got a set in 7/8" (been at this size forever) for $6 shipped and they are the same ones you'd find in Hot Topic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TOKFS2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

|

7/17/2012 3:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2012 3:44 PM

I ordered my smaller ones (8g-0g) from Body Candy's site, cuz that's where my chick orders hers from, so she just got them for me at the same time as hers. They're pretty cheap too, but their selection honestly isn't that big. I only got one at a time tho so my ears were 2 different sizes for a while. And I like Body Art Forms, but their shit is so damn expensive. My friend bought me the 1" wood ones from them and paid like $45 for the pair, which I feel was way too much, but I've seen wood ones online on other sites for over $100 a pair which is fucking ridiculous to say the least. Lol. All my 5/8, 3/4, 7/8 and 1" have come from Hot Topic however. But the sizes in between have either been taped or borrowed/acquired from friends. I just hate spending money on earrings because I know they're only gonna be in for a couple months at the most, so it's just a waste of money as far as I see it. I'd rather tape them and spend my money on 1" ones that I'll actually be able to use permanently. Lol

|

7/17/2012 3:46 PM

i have some real amber ones in 5/8", they were $300...i don't buy expensive jewelry anymore

|

7/17/2012 3:49 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn! Fuck that! And now you're a ways above that, so you'll never use them again, and no one will ever pay you near that if you decide to sell them. So what's the point right? Haha

|