first car

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2016 3:43 PM

$12,000 max, i want something that is 4 door, somewhat fast (I can upgrade later), decent gas mileage, and looks sick.. Im kinda open to a lot of things but throw out your ideas.. thank yaa

|

11/4/2016 9:01 PM

Buy a van and live down by the river

|

11/4/2016 11:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2016 12:29 PM

Volvo S60 turbo

Or buy a brand new 90's car they're super fun and in Cali you don't need to take snow and rust into consideration which is beautiful, they also look cooler. An old Volvo polestar, AMG Mercedes, Bmw M series, A cosworth car. Many options for the California folks!

These are decently obtainable, cheaper than what you're trying to spend, fun and pretty fast. Awesome engine and turns heads http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Mercedes-Benz-190-Series-/192018771475?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cb535ee13:g:wdoAAOSwA3dYHNtP&item=192018771475 dump like 2k into it and oh man goddamn

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/9/2016 2:59 AM

12000 max for your first car? Fuck you get a $500 peice of shit car like the rest of us had too.

Honda element. Best bmx vehicle for roadtrips.

|

It’s all bmx

11/12/2016 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2016 11:35 AM

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

11/13/2016 3:42 PM

something super domestic so you can fix it cheap in the future when your parents quit paying for shit like that

like a chevy sonic rs or something like that. cheap to insure and fix, fun to drive, and pretty new so at least semi street cred. just get a 5 speed and you won't give a dammn.

my suggestions; ford focus st, chevy sonic, pontiac vibe gt (has lotus engine), or like a dodge neon srt4


they're all relatively fast, can be obtained damn near brand new for 12k, practical and fun. forget my other post lol

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/14/2016 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2016 9:55 AM

Spenlard wrote:

something super domestic so you can fix it cheap in the future when your parents quit paying for shit like that

like a chevy sonic rs or something like that. cheap to insure and fix, fun to drive, and pretty new so at least semi street cred. just get a 5 speed and you won't give a dammn.

my suggestions; ford focus st, chevy sonic, pontiac vibe gt (has lotus engine), or like a dodge neon srt4


they're all relatively fast, can be obtained damn near brand new for 12k, practical and fun. forget my other post lol

ford focus st only decent one listed, sonic is crap, vibe is crap (its a toyota engine not a lotus engine fyi, just so happens lotus uses toyota engines) and pontiac dont exist anymore and really a neon lets be real

"no matter how many civics and rsxs and e36s it beats its still just a queer neon" -RCR

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

11/14/2016 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2016 7:54 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

ford focus st only decent one listed, sonic is crap, vibe is crap (its a toyota engine not a lotus engine fyi, just so happens lotus uses toyota engines) and pontiac dont exist anymore and really a neon lets be real

"no matter how many civics and rsxs and e36s it beats its still just a queer neon" -RCR

i sell about 3 cars a year i know wut i'm talking about lol I wouldn't own the neon but it's a good ride.

i'm aware pontiac DOESN'T exist anymore I own one it uses the Toyota 2ZZ used in the lotus, pontiac vibe, and matrix and is very quality making a lot of power without a turbo and good for high rpms, idk how you can point a flaw in that. cheap car to maintain with a great engine whilst being quite practical.

they're all good cars lol. I watch regular car reviews. his reviews aren't statistic based or anything really more so his personal input, most people really don't care what car you're driving though. i only ever care about what it's like from my perspective in the drivers seat really rather than other peoples. of course i generally drive 90's cars only. but even in the video like he says my main point to suggesting it with his parents probably being the main one's maintaining it and it being a domestic car. but you know a 2008 v8 bmw with a missing sensor is also a great option, it's only a $2,000 fix! lol. see my point? a miata, e30, etc is always an instant option, but not if you don't do the work yourself, have driving experience, insurance, bla bla bla. put your parent filter on

what would you suggest for this type of buyer? hard to convince your parents to rock with 90's performance type deals.. especially when they're trying to spend real money on it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/17/2016 3:52 PM

I bought my first car that I still have now for 1500$ cash. It is a Monte Carlo z34 1997. I love this car tbh, especially for the deal it was! I don't buy cars to put money into them but I do try to make it drive better if I can afford it. I bought a new air intake as well as some upgraded plugs and wires as well as some new tires and brakes. I will get my new drilled and slotted rotors when my pads go after a while.

It has been reliable as hell too. It's engine is solid and the tranny is decent. It can shift rough before it warms up but it never slips or anything. Everything on the car works as well, the A/C could use recharged but it's okay. Actually, when i bought the car in March 2016 it had a brand new top end of the engine replaced as well as a new exhaust and calipers. It's so nice for how much i paid for it. He was the only owner as well and the mechanic who worked on it is my neighbor and is trustworthy and nice as can be.

Honestly, I'd say for 12,000 get a Dodge Charger R/T Hemi if you wanna go American made. If you want to go more fuel efficient and shit, get a Honda Civic or a Subaru Impreza hatchback WRX thing. I know people hate on the hatchbacks, i love em. Load that shit with bikes and you are set. Or a VW Golf if you can find one in that range.

I will eventually save and get myself a Dodge Charger or a Dodge Magnum Hemi. I have always wanted a Magnum because it is one of those weird cars you don't see a lot of that drives awesome and is faster than hell and has a hatchback for bikes and shit.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2016 5:35 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Buy a van and live down by the river

This is always the best choice

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/19/2016 11:40 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Volvo S60 turbo

Or buy a brand new 90's car they're super fun and in Cali you don't need to take snow and rust into consideration which is beautiful, they also look cooler. An old Volvo polestar, AMG Mercedes, Bmw M series, A cosworth car. Many options for the California folks!

These are decently obtainable, cheaper than what you're trying to spend, fun and pretty fast. Awesome engine and turns heads http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Mercedes-Benz-190-Series-/192018771475?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2cb535ee13:g:wdoAAOSwA3dYHNtP&item=192018771475 dump like 2k into it and oh man goddamn

fucking loved my volvo t5r.

that was basically my favorite one.... i mean i dig my accent now just because its so cheap to fix aand the gas mileage is bomb as fuck


and breh. why spend so much on a first car? thats like the down payment on a house

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/20/2016 5:53 PM

Subaru WRX, easy to find parts for, dozens of mechanics in each city, parts are fairly cheap compared to anything European, can do motor swaps so easy in these things.

|

12/11/2016 9:10 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I bought my first car that I still have now for 1500$ cash. It is a Monte Carlo z34 1997. I love this car tbh, especially for the deal it was! I don't buy cars to put money into them but I do try to make it drive better if I can afford it. I bought a new air intake as well as some upgraded plugs and wires as well as some new tires and brakes. I will get my new drilled and slotted rotors when my pads go after a while.

It has been reliable as hell too. It's engine is solid and the tranny is decent. It can shift rough before it warms up but it never slips or anything. Everything on the car works as well, the A/C could use recharged but it's okay. Actually, when i bought the car in March 2016 it had a brand new top end of the engine replaced as well as a new exhaust and calipers. It's so nice for how much i paid for it. He was the only owner as well and the mechanic who worked on it is my neighbor and is trustworthy and nice as can be.

Honestly, I'd say for 12,000 get a Dodge Charger R/T Hemi if you wanna go American made. If you want to go more fuel efficient and shit, get a Honda Civic or a Subaru Impreza hatchback WRX thing. I know people hate on the hatchbacks, i love em. Load that shit with bikes and you are set. Or a VW Golf if you can find one in that range.

I will eventually save and get myself a Dodge Charger or a Dodge Magnum Hemi. I have always wanted a Magnum because it is one of those weird cars you don't see a lot of that drives awesome and is faster than hell and has a hatchback for bikes and shit.

awd srt magnums are so sick yet still grocery getters

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

12/20/2016 6:32 PM

Just get a Nissan 300zx and slap a lambo kit on it like big daddy, aka the heavy hitter, aka the jackhammer.

|

12/22/2016 7:10 PM

Get something silly and turn it into a sleeper.

Example, 500 dollar van, 11K in upgrades. No one would know.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/9/2017 11:57 PM

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

1/25/2017 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2017 8:16 PM

Decide if you want something that will easily fit a bike. Decide if you want something fast. To fit both you're looking at some kind of SUV or a large car.

I personally wouldn't build a 4 door into a performance vehicle, just me, I've been buying, selling, building cars and racing for 25 years. You wont get your cash back on it. Charger may be the 1 exception to that.

Crossover SUV that will fit a bike.
Nissan Murano, Rogue. Honda CRV, pilot. Something like that, pick a good color and get some rims (even factory rims from another model) and it'll look good. They'll go forever and you won't have to mess with it.

If you wanna go fast, get something that will do what you want, your bike probably won't fit in it, sell it now.

|

1/27/2017 11:03 AM

indyjps wrote:

Decide if you want something that will easily fit a bike. Decide if you want something fast. To fit both you're looking at some kind of SUV or a large car.

I personally wouldn't build a 4 door into a performance vehicle, just me, I've been buying, selling, building cars and racing for 25 years. You wont get your cash back on it. Charger may be the 1 exception to that.

Crossover SUV that will fit a bike.
Nissan Murano, Rogue. Honda CRV, pilot. Something like that, pick a good color and get some rims (even factory rims from another model) and it'll look good. They'll go forever and you won't have to mess with it.

If you wanna go fast, get something that will do what you want, your bike probably won't fit in it, sell it now.

I can attest to a Pilot-3rd row, you can find the early 00s models for 5-10K typically. My wife has one, and it's solid.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/1/2017 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2017 5:57 PM

Get a Crown Vic

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

2/1/2017 5:57 PM

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/30/2017 3:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 3:13 PM

fast 4 doors coming to mind would be some of these off the top of my head, dunno what you would class as good gas mileage though, although "Fast" and "good on fuel" don't typically go together as more power = more air and more fuel needed to produce that power.

Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza STI/WRX, BMW E39 M5, Saab 9-3 or 9-5 Viggen, FD2 Civic Type R

these are some of the models you would typically see around europe, not too sure on the USDM stuff.

|

3/30/2017 3:15 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

12000 max for your first car? Fuck you get a $500 peice of shit car like the rest of us had too.

Honda element. Best bmx vehicle for roadtrips.

$500??...you rich bastard lol, i bought my first car for £150 before i had a licence lol

|

3/30/2017 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2017 4:00 PM

Unfortunately up until this year, Honda only released one (1) Type-R model through 1997-98 & 2000-01 known here as the "Acura" Integra Type-R. They go for a pretty penny if you can even find one that's in good shape/ unmolested.

Would love the chance to own a DC5, or FD2 Type-R...

|

3/30/2017 9:25 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Unfortunately up until this year, Honda only released one (1) Type-R model through 1997-98 & 2000-01 known here as the "Acura" Integra Type-R. They go for a pretty penny if you can even find one that's in good shape/ unmolested.

Would love the chance to own a DC5, or FD2 Type-R...

no reason to own a type-r could easily just buy a shell and motor for like way less lol

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

3/30/2017 9:51 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

no reason to own a type-r could easily just buy a shell and motor for like way less lol

I already own a 240sx... Shit get's old! lol

The older I get the more I realize nothings better than a nice, clean, OEM car with some suspension bolt-on's and some nice rims/ tires (I.E. OEM+).

|

3/31/2017 3:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2017 3:18 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Unfortunately up until this year, Honda only released one (1) Type-R model through 1997-98 & 2000-01 known here as the "Acura" Integra Type-R. They go for a pretty penny if you can even find one that's in good shape/ unmolested.

Would love the chance to own a DC5, or FD2 Type-R...

I currently own an FN2 Type R, but pretty sure that was only a model built here in the UK then imported to europe and japan where Honda jpn tuned it further for their market to sit next to the FD2, heres mine
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

yeah i know you guys didn't get the Type R but no reason why you cant have an imported one surely? or is it one of those cars that falls within the 25 year thing you guys have? i know that R33 GTR's are just starting to come into the US cos of that, don't know the specifics of that law so not sure whats allowed and whats not.

|

3/31/2017 7:55 AM

Holy shit!!! That hatch is absolutely gorgeous!

Yep, any sort of cool/ high performance JDM, or other vehicle that wasn't directly available to us, needs the 25yr Import BS (lucky Canadians with your 15yr import laws). You can and people do import them as "Grey Imports", but ICE likes to seize, crush and put owners in jail/ prison over them... Not worth it imo.

|

3/31/2017 8:39 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Holy shit!!! That hatch is absolutely gorgeous!

Yep, any sort of cool/ high performance JDM, or other vehicle that wasn't directly available to us, needs the 25yr Import BS (lucky Canadians with your 15yr import laws). You can and people do import them as "Grey Imports", but ICE likes to seize, crush and put owners in jail/ prison over them... Not worth it imo.

we don't have any such restrictions on imports here, if i want one all i need to do is hit a japanese auction site or talk to an importer here in UK, pay for it and pay the import costs, the insurance tends to be higher on them but its down to rarity and insurers here not really knowing exact JDM specs so they charge a bit more to cover their base.

that is a bit crap you can't have some of the nicest/rarest cars in the world on the road in the land of the free, you can import one for a "collection" though and keep it off road though can't you? have seen a few "collections" in the US that had JDM stuff that was under 25 years old at the time like R33 Nismo GTR's, S15's, etc

|

3/31/2017 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2017 9:15 AM

Yes, you can get them in as "off road" only cars, but I think (not 100% sure) you can't register them for road use when they turn 25. Still people in the US get them road legal through "Gray Market" type shit.

From what I've read, you have to physically buy 5, or more of the exact same vehicle/ vehicle's and "pay" to have them all crash tested to US road safety standards and then on top of that "pay" to have them modified for US road safety standards (once they determine they don't meet the standards) ... Oh, and they completely scrap the crashed cars.

Once they turn 25... magically they become safe for are roads (in there original form). lol


*Edit: Just saw that RC51 you used to own! One of my dream bikes, almost purchased one 2yrs ago. That AW11 was dope also!

|

3/31/2017 10:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2017 10:21 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Yes, you can get them in as "off road" only cars, but I think (not 100% sure) you can't register them for road use when they turn 25. Still people in the US get them road legal through "Gray Market" type shit.

From what I've read, you have to physically buy 5, or more of the exact same vehicle/ vehicle's and "pay" to have them all crash tested to US road safety standards and then on top of that "pay" to have them modified for US road safety standards (once they determine they don't meet the standards) ... Oh, and they completely scrap the crashed cars.

Once they turn 25... magically they become safe for are roads (in there original form). lol


*Edit: Just saw that RC51 you used to own! One of my dream bikes, almost purchased one 2yrs ago. That AW11 was dope also!

Lol as you say that makes no fucking sense

Yeah i've had a few nice toys over the years, the RC was an awesome bike but it was a driving licence loser/jailterm bike for sure, i had an SV650 that "felt" faster (it obviously wasn't) as you could still thrash it and you wouldn't end up doing insanely illegal speeds as when you were doing anything under 100mph on the RC it felt like it was barely ticking over, I can remember "cruising along" and looking down at my speedo and I was doing 130mph when i thought it was maybe about 90, anything you asked it to do was effortless.

The reason i got rid was i planned to go for off road bikes as the police here were starting to really crack down on bikers having any sort of fun, so planned to buy something like a CR250 and use it off road and have a set of supermoto rims laying around for when i wanted a blat around the roads, in the end i never really found anything and my bike storage circumstances changed slightly so will be bikeless for a bit, which doesn't bother me too much (except for sunny days lol) as all my friends have kinda gotten rid of theirs due to having families etc

The AW11 was a fun little weekend car and was fun to blow the doors off much higher end machinery, it had Celica GT4 4 pots up front, Koni suspension and all geometry setup to the same spec in the TRD motorsport manual, i can remember the first day i got it on the road took it out i ended up behind a new M3 on the motorway and i see him looking in the mirror and laughing to himself, he dropped a gear or 2 and tried to pull away and that little thing stuck to his bumper like shit to a blanket till he eventually pulled over and i rocketed past him LOL....i'm sure he probably went straight to the dealer that day to see if there was anything wrong with his car LOL

|