my cars ive owned

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2011 1:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2011 1:11 AM

bored so i figure ill make a thread dedicated to the cars ive owned and the changes they went thru.

1st car i owned was a 2000 accord:
owned for 8 years SOLD

axis mesh 2 wheels, eibach lowering springs aem intake, 2 diamond audio 12"s w/jl 1000/1

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

hit a pothole(dented wheel, blown tire and strut) and my paint was oxidizing bad so i painted it flat black, got some work emotion cr kais, and threw on some tein ss coilovers+ megan strut bar.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

2nd car, my love i miss sooo fucking much... 2006 Evo 9 owned for 2 years SOLD

i bought it with a few things done to it, but changed everything. I was putting new thing on and taking stuff off every week so there is way too much to list. I made over 400hp/tq on e85 at 30psi. Funnest car i have ever driven and will be buying another one soon.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

after i got new wheels and tuned on e85

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

3rd car 2006 subaru forester owned since april 2011

nothing special about this car. it gets me around. lowered on sti springs, got the windows tinted... basic stuff till i get my new job.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

if you guys want some more pics of any of them or any questions about them fire away! thanks for looking smile

|

9/21/2011 3:05 AM

How does it feel driving the forrester having had 400 brake to play with previously. Also whats the most enjoyable car or part to work on uv had experience with

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

9/21/2011 4:11 AM

It's total crap lol. I really enjoy the comfort of the forester but there is no performance aspect to it besides awd. I beat a new cbr 600 streetbike to 120mph in the Evo and I know the forester can't even beat a civic haha. Evos are the funnest cars I've ever worked on. They are very simple and extremely responsive to mods when they are tuned. To run e85 I installed 1050cc injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, and arp headstuds....drove to the gas station with my tuner, Drained the gas filled up on e85, and he flashed my ecu with a base tune for the new fuel while the ethanol cleaned out all the old gunk. A week later after I ran the base map we started tuning. 3rd and 4th gear pulls 3000- 8000rpm. My 91 octane tune was set at 25psi peak and I made 300hp/320tq. The base map on e85 was at 18psi and i made 340/340. After a million issues from boost leaks during the tune we ended up gaining over 100hp/tq just from different fuel and fuel system. I was amazed that the base map alone made more power than the fully setup 91octane tune lol

|

9/21/2011 12:44 PM

should of put the works on the evo

|

"run the wall"
EAST COAST REPPIN!
610BRICKSQUAD

9/21/2011 12:54 PM

how much did it cost to have the car painted matte black? ive been wanting to do that to my truck

|

9/21/2011 3:56 PM

loclone4 wrote:

It's total crap lol. I really enjoy the comfort of the forester but there is no performance aspect to it besides awd. I beat a new cbr 600 streetbike to 120mph in the Evo and I know the forester can't even beat a civic haha. Evos are the funnest cars I've ever worked on. They are very simple and extremely responsive to mods when they are tuned. To run e85 I installed 1050cc injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, and arp headstuds....drove to the gas station with my tuner, Drained the gas filled up on e85, and he flashed my ecu with a base tune for the new fuel while the ethanol cleaned out all the old gunk. A week later after I ran the base map we started tuning. 3rd and 4th gear pulls 3000- 8000rpm. My 91 octane tune was set at 25psi peak and I made 300hp/320tq. The base map on e85 was at 18psi and i made 340/340. After a million issues from boost leaks during the tune we ended up gaining over 100hp/tq just from different fuel and fuel system. I was amazed that the base map alone made more power than the fully setup 91octane tune lol

:O that sounds intense. my mechanical skill is extremely low right now. fancy getting on a plane and helping me out? lolz

i wouldnt have thought evos would be simple. by the sounds of it u turned that thing into an absolute monster, cant beleive it outrun a cbr6

|

Trails not Rails

9/21/2011 6:22 PM

Verde. wrote:

:O that sounds intense. my mechanical skill is extremely low right now. fancy getting on a plane and helping me out? lolz

i wouldnt have thought evos would be simple. by the sounds of it u turned that thing into an absolute monster, cant beleive it outrun a cbr6

i wanna know how it did that also... i think there might have been driver error... but im not doubting it is fast. evos just look like pure sex only import i reallly like other then mini's

only reason i find that weird is because im sitting on my 2004 Suzuki dr200 se and i had an evo revving at me to race... idk why but he chirped off the line and i beat him to 50... my bike topped out at 60 lol.

|

9/21/2011 6:33 PM

kikcer2 wrote:

i wanna know how it did that also... i think there might have been driver error... but im not doubting it is fast. evos just look like pure sex only import i reallly like other then mini's

only reason i find that weird is because im sitting on my 2004 Suzuki dr200 se and i had an evo revving at me to race... idk why but he chirped off the line and i beat him to 50... my bike topped out at 60 lol.

dont need to explain to me man my dads been a biker since he was 16 so iv been surrounded by bikers/bike gang members from birth. very very rare a car will beat a bike in a straight line

|

Trails not Rails

9/21/2011 9:17 PM

Verde. wrote:

dont need to explain to me man my dads been a biker since he was 16 so iv been surrounded by bikers/bike gang members from birth. very very rare a car will beat a bike in a straight line

im just explaining why im confused... the cbr 650 has 450 ccs on me and a tach. my bike didnt even have a fucking tach...

|

9/21/2011 9:20 PM

kikcer2 wrote:

im just explaining why im confused... the cbr 650 has 450 ccs on me and a tach. my bike didnt even have a fucking tach...

yeah its wierd. ah well its still a nice evo

|

Trails not Rails

9/21/2011 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2011 11:18 PM

loclone4 wrote:

Verde. wrote:

kikcer2 wrote:

prob not built like mine running on e85 wink It was the closest race ive ever had. We were basically side by side, i only had like 5 ft on him. If i didnt launch as good as i did he would have beat me, but not by much...

here is a 10-110mph pull (1st-4th) with a slight misfire in 2nd... start the vid around 1:15

heres an example of a e85 powered evo 9

|

9/21/2011 11:15 PM

nrpyles wrote:

how much did it cost to have the car painted matte black? ive been wanting to do that to my truck

did it myself smile total cost for everything was like $150

|

9/21/2011 11:24 PM

WHAT THU FUCK. that thing got a rocket on it?

|

Trails not Rails

9/22/2011 7:30 AM

the flat accord was my favorite. would have looked fantastic with the wheels that you originally had on it. i like the evo but it doesnt stir anything for me because they are done so often.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/22/2011 8:00 PM

i love the no spoiler with the shark fins look on a lowered evo

|

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICKwink , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

9/16/2012 3:00 PM

figured i would bump my old thread... selling my forester this month and buying another evo. I will post some pics when i get it, as well as the build process :D stay tuned

|

9/16/2012 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2012 3:33 PM

there are so many Evo's and STI's around here that i wouldn't even wanna own one. I can name 7 close friends that have Evo's, all of them are built and tuned and all are 430+hp (one is around 800hp on E85). But there' at least 15 Evo 8's and 10's here, as far as STI's, i'd say at least 10. It's hard to be unique around here with a car because of the military base, there's everything from an S13 Silvia, multiple R35 Skylines, JDM Type-R DC2's, 86 Corolla's, FD RX7's, boosted S2k's, etc.
Only unique cars are a Noble GT, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche Panamera and a few Lotus Elise and Acura NSX.

|

9/16/2012 4:46 PM

loclone4 wrote:

figured i would bump my old thread... selling my forester this month and buying another evo. I will post some pics when i get it, as well as the build process :D stay tuned

What made you sell the Evo to buy a Forester in the first place?

|

9/16/2012 5:48 PM

sbc785 wrote:

there are so many Evo's and STI's around here that i wouldn't even wanna own one. I can name 7 close friends that have Evo's, all of them are built and tuned and all are 430+hp (one is around 800hp on E85). But there' at least 15 Evo 8's and 10's here, as far as STI's, i'd say at least 10. It's hard to be unique around here with a car because of the military base, there's everything from an S13 Silvia, multiple R35 Skylines, JDM Type-R DC2's, 86 Corolla's, FD RX7's, boosted S2k's, etc.
Only unique cars are a Noble GT, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche Panamera and a few Lotus Elise and Acura NSX.

dang... i dont see a lot of evo where i live now. When i was living down by camp pendleton they were everywhere. I love them either way. They are everything i want in a car.

@trev...

I got laid off my job back in winter of 2010 and was forced to cut materialistic expenses. My evo was one of them unfortunately. I bought my forester while working at target and doing construction on the side. Now im settled in at my new job, which is basically my career now so its time to get back what i lost.

|

9/16/2012 6:11 PM

we might pick up the Subaru Impreza hatchback (not the STi)

or one of these

[LINK TO IMAGE]

yeah, it's got some Rotas.

|

9/30/2012 9:40 AM

^ that would be a nice daily driver.

so i got my car. ill post more sometime this week when i get a chance to take some quality pics.

mod list as follows:

Engine modifications:
-Kelford 272's
-Precision 1200cc injectors
-RSR downpipe
-Tomei Titanium catback exhaust
-invidia o2 housing
-Evo IX Turbo
-Forge Wastegate Actuator
-ETS 3.5" intercooler
-Nisei LICP
-Supertech springs/retainers
-AEM Intake
-ARP Headstuds
-GM 3port
-Walbro 255 fuelpump

Drivetrain modifications:
-ACT HDSS
-ShepTrans Stage 2 Transfercase w/ Quaife LSD

Suspension/tires
-18X9.5 +27 Enkei NT03 wrapped w/ BFG KDW's 245/40
-Megan Track coilovers

Brakes:
-SS brakelines
-hawk hp+ brake pads

Other misc modifications:
-Defi boost gauge
-Defi v2 control unit
-Defi Over Head RPM/MPH Front Windshield Display(Discontinued)
-AEM wideband
-Apexi turbo timer
-Perrin short shifter
-circuit hero shifter extender
-Perrin shorty antenna
-OEM vortex generator
-OEM JDM rear bumper
-JDM 8 MR taillights
-Evo 9 headlights
-Evo IX front bumper with carbon fiber SE lip
-JMF mini battery kit with odyssey pc680

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/30/2012 2:04 PM

is it tuned? what numbers is it pushing?

no offense but i'm so sick of looking at Evo's, like i said theres like 15 of them around here and since i'm friends with them all on FB my wall is blown up about how Friend 1's Evo just dynoed at 700+ on E85 and Friend 2's Evo smoked a Vette and Friend 3's cam just snapped in his Evo and blah blah blah

almost as bad, actually it's worse than the local Honda drivers, at least most of them are just talking about simple swaps...all you Evo guys have so much shit done to ALL of your car that your mods list is fucking huge.

|

9/30/2012 2:12 PM

Actually, here, this is just some of the shit i see on facebook every day and these are only a few of my Evo buddies...yet i drive a Honda Fit, not sure how we get along.

Here's Dean and some other kid, i'm bad with names, the day he swapped motors (right now, he's got the fastest Evo here)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Next up is Ryan, his shit blew the tranny a few months ago, still waiting on that

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Here's Lance, 800+hp on E85, breaks something every time he runs, but it's a fast fucking car

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Here's Zack, his car is a secret, but it's got a fuel cell, lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]

last is Cody, one of the only local Evo X drivers i like

[LINK TO IMAGE]

now there's probably 3 or 4 more guys i know who have Evo's here, but then there are the guys i don't know and there are probably 10 more of them...that's just Evo's man, STi's are just as bad...and Civics...they're everywhere and we all know each other some way or another, good or bad.

|

10/1/2012 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2012 6:17 AM

I still love evos and your new one looks sweet man. They arent like that around here its a rarity to see a evo and even more rare to see one thats been messed around with. The car scene in the northeast isnt on the same level as the south and west.

|

10/1/2012 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2012 6:44 AM

@loclone4 - How much did this set you back?

Evos are so expensive in Australia, its around $27 000+ for a decent second hand one like yours.

|

10/1/2012 11:17 AM

around here a bone stock Evo 8 would be about $14k, but most have a lot done to them and my buddy whose tranny went out has a huge mod list for his car and he paid $22k for his...and Zack with the "secret' Evo paid like $4500 for the shell and built it from there, not sure but i think he's a bit under $20k with his build but i have no clue what his full list is but it's gonna be one of the faster ones in town.

They Hyundai Genesis is getting really popular here, the 2.0T is so popular that the dealership sells 2 a week (buddy works there), so everyone has the boosted Genesis and the new FR-S (4 in town now).

|

10/1/2012 8:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2012 8:45 PM

sbc... yup im tuned. depends what type of dyno for numbers. They all read different. It puts about 360 to the wheels on cali piss gas(91 octane@25psi) and around 450 on e85@ 30psi. Numbers dont mean anything though. I cant stand the new fr-s... looks disgusting imo lol. That evo x is clean. I wanted to buy one but i like the raw power of the older ones. The new ones do everything for you and dont allow the driver be in control.

Trev...I paid $22k for this one. My previous one cost me $20k. Its extremely hard to find an evo 8 or 9 in good condition with low miles anymore. I was lucky to find this one so i hopped on the deal.

I track and daily drive my car so an evo is the best of both worlds... i could care less about 800hp in a straight line, its all about track times and a good all around roadrace setup. My car is well capable of taking on streetbikes and whatever else comes my way but i dont streetrace or like dragging. I did with my last evo a few times but i have matured since then.

|

10/1/2012 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2012 9:14 PM

we're finally getting E85 in the town i live in, we have 110 race gas but it's like $9 a gallon or some stupid shit.

over the years i've owned too many cars...here's my list if you cared

'01 BMW 325i (totaled it)
'01 BMW 325ci
'99 Dodge Durango (bagged on 22's, lol)
'91 Chevy S10 with a SBC 350
'02 Chevy Xtreme S10 with SBC 350
2005 SRT4
1994 Jeep Wrangler on 44's....don't miss this one because it was so FUCKING UNDEPENDABLE.
2004 SVT Focus
2004 SVT Cobra (i miss this one, got rid of it before i deployed to Iraq)
2006 Nissan Xterra
2005 Jeep Liberty
1995 Honda Civic with Type-R swap sleeved to a 2.0 with a T-66 @20psi pushing around 366
2009 Honda Fit....40mpg, hahaha.

i buy/sell (flip) cars so i've had a lot, but those were the only ones worth mentioning...the '91 S10 was built by my dad for the 1/8th mile, i just drove it and then i wrecked it...put the motor in a wrecked Xtreme we got on the cheap and i used it as a truck to put my bike in the back of to drive back and forth to the track...wrecked that one too.

now i drive a Honda Fit, lol, ooooh how i miss having a fast fast car.

|

10/1/2012 9:39 PM

dang thats a long list lol!! Ive always wanted to build a fast truck... but it revolved around dsm/evo stuff. Mighty max with a 4g63t swap :D

|

10/1/2012 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2012 10:05 PM

there used to be a LOT of DSM's around here and the same thing with Honda's, everyone in DSM's blew them up (even the 7 bolts) so they went either with Honda's or Nissan's and all the Honda guys went with Evo's or even American....but my buddy just moved back from Korea today (was stationed there) and he has a DC2 that's ITR converted (everything but ITR front and right hand drive) so i'd imagine i'll be getting back into cars again next summer....kswap my Fit maybe? haha

edit: when i say DSM's, i'm meaning 1G's, no one fucks with 2G's...it's mostly Talons too.

|