the system

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2013 9:23 PM

What do you think of "the system". As in the government and shit and how people want to overthrow it. I want to hear some good answers before I post my full on rant.

|

11/28/2013 9:39 PM

Photo
|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/28/2013 10:22 PM

Photo
|

11/29/2013 7:56 AM

The government sucks, Obama care sucks, and i have more money than the government..... and that's a bad thing.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/29/2013 8:12 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The government sucks, Obama care sucks, and i have more money than the government..... and that's a bad thing.

as long as dont run vital as our government is work we should be fine

|

11/29/2013 9:09 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

chad88 wrote:

wut?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/29/2013 9:41 AM

Everyone complains about the government, yes Obama's an asshat who's a shit president bit honestlylook at where any of us would be without it.

As for thinking if it would be better living in a country where the government has been overthrown, look at history look at the countries right now in the same situationif you think that would be better then to put it nicely your a fool and most likely would end up dead anyways unless of course you become one od the group who eventually overthrew the government in that case you'll become part of the government you complained about or the group thats now oppressing the people

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/29/2013 10:13 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Everyone complains about the government, yes Obama's an asshat who's a shit president bit honestlylook at where any of us would be without it.

As for thinking if it would be better living in a country where the government has been overthrown, look at history look at the countries right now in the same situationif you think that would be better then to put it nicely your a fool and most likely would end up dead anyways unless of course you become one od the group who eventually overthrew the government in that case you'll become part of the government you complained about or the group thats now oppressing the people

So here I go, someone at school said that "the system" sucked and we would overthrow it. But without it, where would we be? And if you successfully managed to overthrow Washington, what then? Create a government based on equality and freedom? In a matter of twenty years you would probably be back at where we are.

|

11/29/2013 4:19 PM

biggybuggy wrote: Photo

I love this picture with all of my heart, can you post a link to it, I have very shitty internet at work

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/29/2013 5:10 PM

I don't think that anyone is looking to overthrow the US Government that has been making the mainstream news (Occupy, Teabaggers, etc.)

It doesn't have to be so drastic (ie: overthrowing), simple measures of reform would do wonders in ensuring that America stays a competitive country in a growing world market.

I would start with enforcing current tax laws for corporations.... for example, I shouldn't have had to pay more in taxes than Wells Fargo bank in 2009. Wells Fargo had a record breaking year for billions in profits, yet I paid more in taxes? WTF

Reagan never had to raise taxes to do well in paying out The National deficit or meeting Federal budget needs. Reagan simply took away the tax loopholes (fine print) that allowed corporations the ability to not have to pay their fair share.

I'm not a huge fan of Reagan, but he simply made existing laws more effective... aka, actually enforced law instead of giving corporate lawyers an avenue to dodge taxes. It was genius, Reagan's fiscally conservative supporters were not confronted with the media onslaught of "higher taxes", yet he generated the revenue needed to have a more balanced budget. A truly bipartisan effort. Now we have extremist conservatives that are abandoning the bipartisanship that Reagan promoted time & time again (though, he was still a bastard).

When Citizens United took on the Federal Election Commission & won? We have a bought & paid for Congress, it's simply not in any politician's best interests to "bite the hand that feeds them". Tax reform would be political suicide for any Congress member as they would be, in effect, taking away the dollars that would help said person remain in office.

It's certainly not the "Will of The People" that get these guys re-elected or provide the political lifestyle they so desperately need. There is zero long-term sustainability for this country with the current rigged system, we will have a failed Government before we have an overthrown Government.

|

United0Cult0

11/29/2013 5:40 PM

biggybuggy wrote: Photo

sketchytravis wrote:

I love this picture with all of my heart, can you post a link to it, I have very shitty internet at work

Meme generator app for Android.

|

11/29/2013 9:45 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

chad88 wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

wut?

oh haha dumbass me thought he said we should have a control system for vital

|

11/30/2013 1:32 AM

Our current so called 'system' is a mess. It's all about personal interest. Money speaks louder than loyalty. The sad truth, 'america' is literally run by corporations. Politicians are bought, used as tools; Talking heads to corral the mass. As they say talk is cheap. Well it sure the fuck is when you've got billions. "we the people" my stinking ass hole. Trillions into debt and counting.... China practically owns our ass. what system are we talking about again?

Can you blame people for being at least a little upset? fuck it I say. Fuck it all to hell. w00t

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/30/2013 1:10 PM

At least we aren't North Korea.

|

11/30/2013 1:59 PM

At least we are not N. Korea?!? That is no standard to offer comparison to American progress... that is a really sad statement, in fact.

Apologist:

a person who defends or supports something (such as a religion, cause, or organization) that is being criticized or attacked by other people.

------------------
^problem is, we continue to make excuses for a broken system with wild comparisons to N. Korea & offer no critical thinking? We will not be much better off than N. Korea for future generations of Americans.

|

United0Cult0

11/30/2013 2:21 PM

tremelo wrote:

At least we are not N. Korea?!? That is no standard to offer comparison to American progress... that is a really sad statement, in fact.

Apologist:

a person who defends or supports something (such as a religion, cause, or organization) that is being criticized or attacked by other people.

------------------
^problem is, we continue to make excuses for a broken system with wild comparisons to N. Korea & offer no critical thinking? We will not be much better off than N. Korea for future generations of Americans.

Im talking about our rights and such. We have much more freedom. They are to the point of no connections beyond their own country.

|

11/30/2013 3:45 PM

tremelo wrote:

Apologist:

------------------

biggybuggy wrote:

Im talking about our rights and such. We have much more freedom. They are to the point of no connections beyond their own country.

I got that, but our greater capacity for civil rights is by no means justification to say "oh well, at least we got..."

We are not only losing our civil rights at a rate that is unprecedented rate historically, we as a Republic have lost the ability to bring any meaningful change about that is not lobbyist approved. That business model for the United States is one step away from a Police State, not a much better place than the peoples of North Korea endure.

|

United0Cult0

11/30/2013 3:53 PM

tremelo wrote:

Apologist:

------------------

biggybuggy wrote:

tremelo wrote:

I got that, but our greater capacity for civil rights is by no means justification to say "oh well, at least we got..."

We are not only losing our civil rights at a rate that is unprecedented rate historically, we as a Republic have lost the ability to bring any meaningful change about that is not lobbyist approved. That business model for the United States is one step away from a Police State, not a much better place than the peoples of North Korea endure.

Agreed. Lets take our bikes, a shitload of parts, and disappear into the mountains, riding trails until we become too old to do so. Or until we break our necks or some shiat. Either way, it works out well if you have the skills to survive.

|

11/30/2013 4:35 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Agreed. Lets take our bikes, a shitload of parts, and disappear into the mountains, riding trails until we become too old to do so. Or until we break our necks or some shiat. Either way, it works out well if you have the skills to survive.

fair enough, just a little unsettling being that I'm a dad to some very young ones. It would be far more beneficial if people just came out of denial as to what our country is about rather than run for the hills. /shrug

|

United0Cult0

11/30/2013 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2013 4:52 PM

biggest problem in America is all the people who complain rather then do something about it, your complaining wont do shit...will your actions do anything? maybe, maybe not but you'll still stand that fighting chance that it will someday

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/30/2013 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2013 5:12 PM

I feel things are almost broken beyond repair. Not to sound fatalistic or anything, I just don't see it possible for a broken system to repair itself. Not this one anyway, not at this point. Background happenings tell us that the 'powerful' few want it this way. The original design of "by the people for the people" doesn't apply anywhere in our structure of government anymore.

It's unfortunate. Things are going to get much worse before they can begin to get better. Does it have to happen that way? No. But those who perpetuate our current system don't seem like they're going to stop. They're cooking for themselves and using the population as seasoning. In other words, we're merely the base of this> A

Have we reached our boiling point? When does enough become enough? I think we'll get there eventually. Shit happens right? that's history for you...

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/30/2013 5:11 PM

To actually gain the power to do massive change as a national would be a Herculean task. Then if we have the power, what next? Big corporations and greed come from human nature. It has and always be a part of life. If there is something that gives you power and leverage over others, most will take it and use it to a sickening extent. That power is money. It gives the upper hand. We will almost always be under the trance of something like that. And we give them power. We shout and protest against them while pouring out our pockets into their wallets.

|

11/30/2013 5:15 PM

One more thing, division. General George Washington warned us not to form political parties, he said it would tear us down. Alas, it has. The great barrier that is political parties prevents us from change or understanding. One side must always have their way. It prevents compromise and tears us down.

|

11/30/2013 5:28 PM

Photo
|

11/30/2013 5:59 PM

BMXism wrote: Photo

Nonononono. Livin' like Larry.

|

11/30/2013 6:07 PM

|

11/30/2013 7:48 PM

I work in a hospital for the government they sign my checks.......used to care about what they did but to much bs to keep up with it these days

|

12/4/2013 8:37 PM

The polititions need term limits. And one of my biggest problems with this country is the amount of people who collect handouts. In Massachusetts you can get up to 50000 a year of welfare. Not to mention the whole obamacare situation. Our the fact that every time you criticize the president the race card gets thrown at you.

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

12/4/2013 10:34 PM

BMXism wrote:

Our current so called 'system' is a mess. It's all about personal interest. Money speaks louder than loyalty. The sad truth, 'america' is literally run by corporations. Politicians are bought, used as tools; Talking heads to corral the mass. As they say talk is cheap. Well it sure the fuck is when you've got billions. "we the people" my stinking ass hole. Trillions into debt and counting.... China practically owns our ass. what system are we talking about again?

Can you blame people for being at least a little upset? fuck it I say. Fuck it all to hell. w00t

Umm... over 80% of the U.S. debt is owed to the people of the United States. And even if it was all owed to China, we wouldnt have to pay it off, persay. It's not like we took out too much of a mortgage and now we cant pay it back. we never fully payed off the WWII debt, it just became irrelevant. in modern times....

The more you know...

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/6/2013 1:09 PM

The shit I said about China was just me being sarcastic.

Although China really is in much better shape than we are atm. Did you know they hold more than a trillion dollars in US treasury bonds? That's more than any other country. ..Well in recent news.. If other big countries follow the dollar WILL die.

the more you know indeed. It's not always fairies and pixie dust in our land of patriots, bro.
Photo

|