traveling

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2016 1:15 AM

anyone ever hitchhike, ride trains, rubbertramp, or like bicycle touring. or just spare time travel type stuff

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/15/2016 5:05 PM

I have a bunch of friends who have taken road bikes and touring bikes across the country. Two dudes I know are in New Mexico right now, they started in Minnesota in November, rode to New Orleans and then headed west.

Another buddy of mine rode down to Austin TX with a crew for a trip and then headed west to Cali, he hitchhikes, walks, and has ridden bikes all over the place.

Two other dudes took road bikes (fancy carbon ones) and rode from St Paul MN to somewhere in Florida in memory of their friend.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/17/2016 1:21 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have a bunch of friends who have taken road bikes and touring bikes across the country. Two dudes I know are in New Mexico ...more

werd. I was supposed to ride cross state with friends a couple years ago. but when it came down to it they all bailed.

idk. ive driven around a bunch of states. i actually did a few years ago and met up with a person off vital (the other ones bailed)

wanted to get into other things for years. im finally gunna get around to it. figured id see what others have done

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

4/17/2016 5:30 PM

have traveled and lived in a van for band tours back in the mid and late 90's. Traveled all over the east coast and midwest.

did Route 66 from Normal Illinois all the way to the Santa Monica Pier years ago. That was awesome.

am starting to plan some bike-packing trips in the future. I have hiked and camped, and done part of the Appalachian Trail, but want to do the same thing while riding

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/3/2016 9:32 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

have traveled and lived in a van for band tours back in the mid and late 90's. Traveled all over the east coast and midwest.

...more

weerdddd. how was the trail? my friend wants me to do it with her when shes out of rehab.

probably wont go, just curious

|

5/6/2016 9:13 AM

I'm going to the UK dirt series with my friend who's entered. We'll be sleeping in his bus for a couple of nights. It's only a 4 hour drive hahaha. In less than 8 hours you can drive the full length of England though. That trip will be the closest thing to a proper road trip I'll be doing in the near future. And the only one I've done in the past was a long weekend in bristol with a friend. We slept in his car one night, and on friends sofa's the other 2. Done nothing but eat pizza and ride. It was awesome.

Maybe Europe if I come across enough money to take a few months out of work next year though. Barca in the winter would be a treat.

|