workout questions?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2012 7:58 PM

I wouldn't suggest a work out before bed. It takes your body a long time to cool down, even if I do just a couple sit ups before sleeping it's real hard to fall asleep.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

3/26/2012 8:25 PM

1. shoulder press targets mainly the deltoids, whereas pull-ups target the lats
if you are too weak to do pull-ups, do other lat workouts such as lat pull downs

2. i don't recommend eating mid workout

3. don't workout before sleep

4. always get some form of protein after lifting

|

3/26/2012 8:46 PM

ALWAYS eat protein after lifting. it helps with muscle growth/recovery.

|

3/27/2012 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2012 2:46 PM

dont even bother with whey protein shakes, they are garabage.

buy jars of peanutbutter, buy your favorite flavor of creatine and buy this dvd. you will get noticeable results really fast

this is what creatine does
[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

3/27/2012 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2012 3:21 PM

Whey is more for recovery. Creatine helps build mass.
I wouldn't even consider them comparable because they are basically in two different categories.

I personally take creatine pre-workout, and whey post-workout.

There are many other factors to this though. Eating right, having a well developed workout routine, sleeping enough, etc.
You should ALWAYS get some form of protein after working out though (whether it be whey or not).

|

3/27/2012 3:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2012 3:44 PM

General outline:
-Mon: biceps, triceps, and upper abs
-Tues: deltoids, forearms, lower abs
-Wed: legs and obliques
-Thurs: chest and some form of abs (generally TVA or hip flexors)
-Fri: back and some form of abs (generally TVA or hip flexors)

If you have any specific questions as to which exercises I do, I can add you on Facebook.

|

3/27/2012 3:43 PM

Take a pre-workout with creatine and then after your workout drink a weigh protein shake.
Or you can just buy creatine pills, make sure you drink a shit ton of water with it or else you can fuck up your kidneys.

|

3/27/2012 4:23 PM

I'd rather add you on Facebook. I searched up your email that you use with your account but nothing came up.
I also searched your name, and none of my Vital friends seemed to be friends with anyone with your name.
You should throw up your URL on here, then I'll take it down once I add you.

|

3/27/2012 5:56 PM

i took whey for like 3 months and saw little results but with creatine i got results in like 3 weeks. also creatine helps you get those last reps.

and yeah i have that same dvd and its great and has ab ripper x at the end.
i reccomend you do these for 3-4 weeks prior so your able to make it most of the way through because its hard and 40 minutes long.

http://hundredpushups.com/
http://onefiftydips.com/

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

3/29/2012 8:37 AM

co-sign on everyone's post. P90x is pretty rad too, d/l it.

|

3/29/2012 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2012 12:43 PM

Nothing wrong with protein shakes, take them.
Whey protein isn't a miracle powder, there's a certain amount of calories/protein you have to get to see gains, which you should calculate and take note of how much you're getting, you still have to have a good diet but protein helps you reach that that goal ALONG with repair of the muscles
Creatine isn't a miracle powder either, it helps supply energy to the muscles, you might think you're making instant gains with it, but really it's just your muscles filling up with fluids which will dissipate after you stop taking it, which is why it's recommended to stay hydrated while taking it.

If you're looking for a good starter program for strength/mass id recommend rippetoe's starting strength. That's the only program you should need for awhile. Rippetoe's + chin-ups/dips for accessory work.. If you can't do a pullups/chin-ups, lat pulldowns will help, or else you can try putting some of your weight on a chair or something and work towards not using it at all.

|

3/30/2012 2:41 AM

why is it bad to workout before sleep???
when's the best time to workout?

|

3/30/2012 4:39 AM

brianoob wrote:

why is it bad to workout before sleep???
when's the best time to workout?

Some people say because it keeps them up, personally it doesn't matter to me. As long as you get some protein in afterwards and at least 8 hours of sleep you're gold.

Ideally morning/mid day at least an hour after a high protein/calorie meal is best.

|

3/30/2012 7:21 AM

Yeah I can't remember what I read exactly but something about your body using fluids/blood to digest the food so it's good to wait at least an hour after eating, otherwise blood will pump into your muscles instead and you could get indigestion or something.

|

3/31/2012 1:45 PM

yeah it is why hey get cramps but just remeber to get a good a mount o slow absorbing carbs in amoungst the day and protein and after to work like quick acting carbs (bananas or any fruit really )and a shake or some form of protein , if u havent got whey just make an egg white omlet or something ,dont forget to gain muscle u have to EAT! GOOD FOODS , ALMONDS BROWN RICE ,EGGS , CHICKEN ,STEKA BROWN PASTA FRUIT VEGIIES THE LOT , AND TRY AND PUSH YOURSELF TO PUSH A LITTLE HEAVIER EACH session, u dont need creatine , but u will get quicker results and more than if u just use whey ,id choose creatine over whey proteine any day,just get my protein frome eggs and stuff , and train ure hole boy with big movements like deadlifts pull ups squatts and bench presses , u dont want to have lacking muscles

|

4/5/2012 11:18 PM

1. do assisted pull-ups with a box or a friend.
2. eating mid workout is fine, just small content things, some like a protein shake or a banana, nothing wrong with that.. just dont bring starbucks.
3. yes, opposed to not working out at all.. but it won't maximize the recovery you could be getting during your sleep.
4. it is recommended you supply your muscles with protein within 30 minutes of your workout. Casein protein is best as its digested slow, so it'll supply your muscles longer

ps. I've read a lot about protein and protein synthesis/muscle recovery (racing bmx and I'm a 4th year biochemistry major) a lot and i recommend using protein rich food instead of shakes and when supplementing using only animal derived protein. an average males body can utilize about 30g every 3 hours, thats a pretty standard chicken breast, if you eat more, your body will just process it out. if you eat less your muscles may be able to rebuild and recover better if you gave them a little more. hope you like chicken, if you have a high metabolism just smash on protein rich foods with no other regards.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Bike Check

WTB: Odyssey GTXR Detangler in black (the one with the knarps), Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims, Black profile elite front hub, 25T Profile Blackjack sprocket, Odyssey Highway/Superhighway bars 9.5" in chrome.