OLD MAN TALKING

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2009 10:57 PM

Hello all,
How cool is this!
A place where I can flash back on better times.
Let me start off by saying that I am a OG from back in the day of mud and burms and killer heavy tank bikes!
I started racing back in 1973 when nobody and I mean nobody here in Ottawa even was aware of BMX.
I had to travel across to the U.S every second week with my uncle to race.
I had my first bike a shield mono shock suspension bike was the thing to have! Heavy Heavy and I almost forgot dam heavy! I raced for 10 years I believe 1983 and I won the 4th place finnals trophy at the EBA Can-Am world championship.
I remember the trophy was so big I had to take it apart to fit it into the car.
Durring my BMX years I raced independant and then latter raced for JJ cycle out of Kingston and finished my final years with a co-sponcership with Skyway racing U.S.A and my Skyway T/A BMX with graphite rims. i had people ask me all the time if I was Andy patterson.
Those days are gone, but I am so happy to see that BMX is still alive!
Always happy to talk BMX.
Wayne.

|

7/5/2009 5:02 AM

lol how old are you u should start again

|

Biggest troll.

7/5/2009 10:19 AM

I'm 46 years old. I think my racing days are over, but I still have my 1973 shields mono shock bike I fully restored and I am working on another bike as we speak. I would like to see a local old school BMX parking lot meet and greet showing off our past choice bike or bikes of the time and BBQ,beer type get together. I still have my trophies in a box at my home. I also thought it would be great to start a restoration parts "junk yard" of sorts to help out fellow collectors restore the bikes.[LINK TO IMAGE][/img]

|

7/5/2009 10:20 AM

|

7/13/2009 4:45 PM

kewl

|

i done did got a federal now

7/30/2009 7:59 AM

Racing Days Over?????? WHAT???? Why not get into the NBL 45-49 year old Cruiser Class? At our home track, we have two guy's in the 50 and over Cruiser Class...one of them is in his 60's. I think you could handle it.

Rodney

|

11/8/2009 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2009 5:44 AM

busere wrote:

Racing Days Over?????? WHAT???? Why not get into the NBL 45-49 year old Cruiser Class? At our home track, we have two guy's in the 50 and over Cruiser Class...one of them is in his 60's. I think you could handle it.

Rodney

|

RIDE SOME TRAILS

11/8/2009 6:15 PM

whoa look at the thing beastly

|

''if i was a whore i would sell my body parts just like i do on my bikes''
REFs: jrage, sweetdreams3 8x, iRideBikes07 2x, Gussy, Vam999, ridehard93 , gstring02,ridehard93... many more

11/8/2009 11:07 PM

|

11/9/2009 3:17 PM

dude thats a bad ass old school bike!i didnt even know they madde anything like that back then and i thought i was getting old when my first real bike was an 88' gt performer with 5 star mag rims when i was like 7 im 28 now and im just getting back into it after being out for like the past 8 yrs i mean i rode here and there on friends bikes but i want to get back into it.i feel your never to old to ride a bike! BMX4L!!

|

$o Cal Dave Rider4L S&M4L TPL4L HSL4L
Any day riding is a better day than at work!

11/21/2009 11:33 PM

BMXPIONEER wrote:

I'm 46 years old. I think my racing days are over, but I still have my 1973 shields mono shock bike I fully restored and I am working on another bike as we speak. I would like to see a local old school BMX parking lot meet and greet showing off our past choice bike or bikes of the time and BBQ,beer type get together. I still have my trophies in a box at my home. I also thought it would be great to start a restoration parts "junk yard" of sorts to help out fellow collectors restore the bikes.[LINK TO IMAGE][/img]

were having a bike show/ 80's style jam out here in california at dacompound.com for more information. or see my post on this site or osbmx.com.

|

12/7/2009 6:17 PM

Awesome bike dude, now its time to get it out on the track...........

|

12/23/2009 5:33 AM

Funny how that sort of rear suspension design is still used today on bikes like the Ellsworth MTB! Granted they are much lighter and more functional but hey, you have the bike that probably started it all!

|

Proverbs 3:5-6