Older Riders-whats your occupation?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2009 9:33 AM

Well, assuming you are older, one would assume you have a carreer. So, what do you do for a living that allows you to spend money on your bmx bike?

|

Proverbs 3:5-6

12/28/2009 9:35 AM

I'll go first, I am a Facility Manager at one of the building on the National Institutes of Research facility in Bethesda, MD. Basically, I run an animal research building for the government. Lately, I have basically just been a web surfer since so many people are on leave for the holidays! Oh, and I seem to be spending way too much money at Dan's!

|

12/28/2009 9:45 AM

Pharmacist. On the side, more of a hobby that pays for itself, Breed and sell chickens, and their eggs. Types of chickens I raise are Seramas, Delawares, Buckeyes, Barred Rocks, Americanas, Leghorns, and Black Australorps.

|

12/28/2009 9:49 AM

Pharmacist??? Street corner, pharmacutical, representative???? Funny just because you said it is more of a hobby!

|

12/28/2009 10:06 AM

Pharmacutical, at a Hospital. lol Sell and breed chickens on the side.

|

12/28/2009 11:44 AM

Better! Makes much more sense now! It was funny the way you said it though.

|

12/31/2009 3:42 PM

Quality Liaison for Ford Nashville Glass

|

1/3/2010 12:56 AM

Full-time student. I know, I get it: full-time students are supposed to be in their young twenties. Late bloomer, I guess.

Hmm, I guess that's not really an occupation, but that's what I do...

|

1/3/2010 3:18 AM

i work for 911

|

1/4/2010 8:04 AM

Photographer/Videographer for the US army. Do all sorts of shady stuff and get paid well to do it.

|

1/4/2010 8:22 AM

haha I am a bike mechanic, with a degree in welding in and out of position, for TIG, MIG, SMAW and Oxy Acetylene. (no jobs in the area really, AND im a bike shop mechanic for the largest Specialized dealer in the world, pretty sweet.)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/6/2010 10:10 AM

goonie wrote:

Photographer/Videographer for the US army. Do all sorts of shady stuff and get paid well to do it.

HOOOah! Nothing wrong with that! I was a Ranger for 4 years so I know all about doing shady stuff and getting paid for it!

|

1/8/2010 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:10 AM

I head up R&D for Auto Metal Direct, lots of fabrication, test fit and prototyping. we reproduce sheet metal for muscle cars, mainly MOPARS but we are currently developing our GM lines. so if you have any classic car projects let me know!!

|

1/26/2010 11:09 PM

I am a Kinesiotherapist. I wish I was a Pharmacist like over 30 and still riding, but I don't know if I could go back to school again. I might go back to get my MBA.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/27/2010 5:32 AM

I'm a test and balance technician for commercial HVAC air and hydronic systems.

|

The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand!!

1/29/2010 9:37 AM

im 36 and an airline pilot. i fly an airbus a320. because my job is directly related to my health i dont go hard anymore ( although i really do feel the need). i ride street and a backyard vert/mini with a 4 ft box. mostly i do manuals feebles and 180s with long free-hub rollbacks in the street. i've been re-learning 360s but not more than 3 or 4 steps. no big gaps anymore although i can see them from a mile. i have to keep it so delicate and selective, its werd!

all my joints hurt and im just getting over some nasty tennis elbow that got in the way of things 4 weeks. but i cant resist riding my modern new brakeless bike!

|

2/2/2010 6:31 AM

I'll touch base with you before my next flight. Just want to make sure you are feeling good before we take off!

|

4/1/2010 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2010 12:32 PM

o/n stocker @ walmarts,pay sucks.i'm not old but,i can't begin to relate to kid's these days they seem to spend more time on computers talking shit to each other than riding their damn bike.i got comment on my bike profile about my seat being 5 inches high w/ a haro seat and 48 hole triple saying it was gay.what the fuck happen to the days when u were respected for your riding not you setup.lets see these kids slam their seat after 2 knee surgies and a tore ligament.10 years and half of them will have given it up. i love the look of modern bmx (plastic parts aside) but my knees can't grab that and i like givin my legs a break every now and then.i have been brakeless for 11 years now i understand and love that the world caught up with that.

|