The old “what is this bike” question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2018 3:53 PM

So I’m gonna restore and old school 80’s bike for my kid (let’s face it, I’m reliving my youth too) and am searching for a frame and forks to start. Anyway I found something that may be a hidden gem from the mid 80’s on the cheap but I have zero clue what the hell it is. My best guess is a Tange but I haven’t found anything online that looks exactly like it. A looptail with that little gusset welded into the down tube by the head set. So.....has anyone seen one of these before? Ignore the stickers, some kid put them on there and thanks in advance all.Photo

Photo

|

11/5/2018 3:31 PM

The serial number is LY3547687

|

11/5/2018 3:33 PM

Photo
|

12/30/2018 7:48 PM

Hendy wrote:

So I’m gonna restore and old school 80’s bike for my kid (let’s face it, I’m reliving my youth too) and am searching for a frame and forks to start. Anyway I found something that may be a hidden gem from the mid 80’s on the cheap but I have zero clue what the hell it is. My best guess is a Tange but I haven’t found anything online that looks exactly like it. A looptail with that little gusset welded into the down tube by the head set. So.....has anyone seen one of these before? Ignore the stickers, some kid put them on there and thanks in advance all.Photo

Photo

Post this to bmxmuseum.com someone there will know for sure. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe a cycle-pro? It's a nice find for sure, love that looptail rear.

|

12/30/2018 9:00 PM

Hendy wrote:

Photo

JP_4130 wrote:

Post this to bmxmuseum.com someone there will know for sure. I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe a cycle-pro? It's a nice find for sure, love that looptail rear.

That’s exactly what I did and found out what it is. Turns out it’s an ‘84 Free Spirit Constrictor purchased from Sears in Burnaby BC not far from where I live. Here it is finished. Photo
Photo
Photo

|