i remember when bikes had...

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2011 11:03 AM

Dartmouth wrote:

I remember when I had to ride my bike to and from school in 4 feet of snow

imadelovetobmx wrote:

up hill both ways?

with no shoes and half a jacket that you only got on tuesdays and thursdays?

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

8/8/2011 2:21 AM

scwright99 wrote:

3/16 chains and 44t sprockets.

Warfield wrote:

I miss those days. Never even dreamed of a 28T sprocket back then.

Dammit! Any body remember those old Answer Racing glovesfrom the mid 90's? They were the shit. Love to have a pair of them now.

those answer gloves were the best thing you could buy, almost made you feel superhuman with them on hahaha

|

N'at

BIKE CHECK

6/6/2012 12:04 PM

...style, like actual unique frame designs from company to company or model to model. Now they are all the same, plus or minus a degree here and there in the geometry. Skateboards underwent the same homogenization.

I realize they pretty much settled on the most efficient design, and stuck with it, and no one does framestands and all that sorta stuff anymore, so top tube platforms would only add weight where it's not wanted. But I do miss the designs, in the same way I miss the design of older cars.

|

"Being good gets you stuff. Being stuff gets you good."

6/15/2012 11:53 PM

back in the 80s racing bikes had a flat part behind the seat for flatland

|

6/24/2012 5:09 PM

Brakes! And those answer gloves were the shit.

|

N'at

BIKE CHECK

6/25/2012 11:00 AM

20 psi and it was okay

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/1/2012 7:43 AM

banana seats, schwinn stingrays.. triple walled rims with 48h rims front/back brakes and gary young schwinn pro model!

|

I ride a: Cult
why do I ride?:peer pressure

11/1/2012 10:10 PM

Garett_Kanters wrote:

banana seats, schwinn stingrays.. triple walled rims with 48h rims front/back brakes and gary young schwinn pro model!

I have an old schwinn stingray frame in my garage with matching handlebars. but the frame has been spray painted... I wonder what I should do with this stuff. Like maybe I should restore it or sell it. I have an old Haro stem that people want all the time, but that too has been painted on the top clamp part. I also think I have the original seat somewhere too, but I can't find where the mag wheels I had went. I should probably gather everything to take pics and post it up for ideas.

|