Is my bunny hop wrong?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2019 11:01 PM

Hi, I have been working on my bunny hop, and cannot get high yet, but am worried about the sequence(I lift both tyres at same time). Please comment what you think...

|

2/15/2019 8:40 PM

You're pretty much pulling the whole bike up at the same time. You want to get the front wheel up a lot(like a manual) and then bring the rear wheel up afterwards.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/27/2019 9:49 PM

I know that this is almost a year old now, and you've probably learned how to bunnyhop by now, but I wanted to give some advice for other people who come across this thread. The problem with your bunnyhop in the video is that you're lifting both ends of the bike up at the same time. You want to compress your body down as if you're about to jump, then lift your front end up (the higher you lift, the higher you'll hop), then push your bars forward while simultaneously tucking in your legs and sucking the back end of your bike up. Don't get discouraged, it takes a lot of practice to get the motion down and to be able to hop high.

|

2/4/2020 1:39 PM

You are pulling the whole bike up at once, you should pull the front up first, and then pull the back up, the more official name is j hop, but i think Adam lz has a pretty good video explaining it, even though it is a couple of years old it helped me.

|

2/28/2020 8:30 AM

You're doing the j hop,basically the crackhead cousin of the bunny hop.
To do a bunny hop u need to learn lifting the front end up and then learn to lift your back end up by scooping the pedals while leaning forward a little bit. Then u just combine these two after u got them down every try and boom,you learned a bunny hop.

|