High Five
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
|

4/20/2013 5:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2013 5:17 PM

You should post your photos to this Flickr group. There's a bunch of experienced BMX photographers on there who can critique your photos if you ask.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/pushitastop/pool/

To me it looks like you definitely know how to use a camera but you just need to work on your framing and angles a bit more. e.g. the first photo needs to show more of the obstacle, we know it's a whip but what's he doing it on? The third photo would've looked better low angle with the rider placed more to the top of the photo instead of the center to emphasize height. Pretty much always show the full obstacle and emphasize whatever trick the rider is doing.

|

4/22/2013 3:07 PM

I agree with brianoob. It looks like your'e setting up your equipment well, but there is generally to much head room on a lot of these photos. You want to use the magnetism of the frame to make the rider look as suspended in the air as possible. The biggest offender of this is clearly the first photo.

|

4/22/2013 3:24 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

I agree with brianoob. It looks like your'e setting up your equipment well, but there is generally to much head room on a lot of these photos. You want to use the magnetism of the frame to make the rider look as suspended in the air as possible. The biggest offender of this is clearly the first photo.

Good advice. Thank you!

|

4/24/2013 11:32 AM

You need better composition, get more of the area not so close.

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope