Sony Handycam Camcorders?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2011 11:59 AM

i was looking at this camcorder

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666294289#features

Could anyone help me out? Like with all the specs and if it would be good for filming. Compared to my flipcam lol.
And i was also wondering if it has threads for like a fisheye lense.

|

6/16/2011 6:43 PM

it isnt HD, so the Image wouldnt be as sharp.
I just bought a camera as well, after tons of research. its A Samsung HMX-Q10 , on sale for a great price. read tons of reviews and looked at similiar cameras and the video quality seems pretty good! I would go for something like that. If you want to see the quality of the sony, look at a few youtube and vimeo vids filmed with it.

|

6/16/2011 11:20 PM

i know its standard def. but hd's are double the price. i just want to find a great camcorder around the mid 200's price. yes. im poor.

|

6/16/2011 11:29 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

i know its standard def. but hd's are double the price. i just want to find a great camcorder around the mid 200's price. yes. im poor.

Check at Walmart. They usually have pretty good deals on Sony's and the Sony site prices are usually more anyways.

|

6/16/2011 11:52 PM

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

Check at Walmart. They usually have pretty good deals on Sony's and the Sony site prices are usually more anyways.

lol i saw the handycams at walmart so thats why i researched a little bit and posted it on here. cause i was like, "wow these can zoom in and out more than an inch!" because im used to my flipcam only having like 2 or 4x zoom

|

6/17/2011 12:35 AM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

Fbm Marauder wrote:

lol i saw the handycams at walmart so thats why i researched a little bit and posted it on here. cause i was like, "wow these can zoom in and out more than an inch!" because im used to my flipcam only having like 2 or 4x zoom

They have a pretty nice return policy. If you're not happy with the camera you get or maybe decide that you like the next model up, you can swap it with out all of the hassles like you get at Best Buy and the others. Check Walmart.com because they also have cameras that are not available at the store. Then Ebay for a decent, cheap lens. You'll be set.

|

6/17/2011 12:49 AM

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

They have a pretty nice return policy. If you're not happy with the camera you get or maybe decide that you like the next model up, you can swap it with out all of the hassles like you get at Best Buy and the others. Check Walmart.com because they also have cameras that are not available at the store. Then Ebay for a decent, cheap lens. You'll be set.

I think the lense i ghetto rigged onto my flipcam may work. But how do i find out if it will?

|

6/17/2011 4:00 AM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

dude the one i gave you the link to is on sale for $191, haha me too

|

6/17/2011 9:19 AM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

I think the lense i ghetto rigged onto my flipcam may work. But how do i find out if it will?

Check out the "ring size" around the lens on the camera. Sony's are usually 37mm. Not sure what the Flip's ring size is... my guess smaller than the Sony's if it has any. I know for sure the camera you're looking at (Sony) is 37mm. Check what your lens says. Might be able to stick a ring adapter on it... I doubt it though.

|

6/17/2011 10:24 AM

The lens says .43x but i dont think thats the size haha but the adapter ring says 30.5 - 37 and theres threads on both sides. So i think my lens would fit because the size of the hole on one side is smaller and yeah.
Because i had to superglue on that adapter because flips come with no threads.

|

6/17/2011 11:52 AM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

The lens says .43x but i dont think thats the size haha but the adapter ring says 30.5 - 37 and theres threads on both sides. So i think my lens would fit because the size of the hole on one side is smaller and yeah.
Because i had to superglue on that adapter because flips come with no threads.

.43x is how wide the fish view is... The smaller the number, the wider the fish view. 37mm.... YEp. So you super-glued the lens to the camera? I never even messed with a Flip but saw a magnetic lens for one online. Now I understand why it was magnetic.

|

6/17/2011 1:00 PM

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

.43x is how wide the fish view is... The smaller the number, the wider the fish view. 37mm.... YEp. So you super-glued the lens to the camera? I never even messed with a Flip but saw a magnetic lens for one online. Now I understand why it was magnetic.

no i glued the step up/ adapter ring to the camera. so i can take the lens on and off. but im almost positive my fisheye is 37mm now. and if not, i'll just take my fisheye to walmart and screw it on one of the displays haha

|

6/17/2011 9:39 PM

that one doesnt have threads on it go for a cannon hv30... find on on craigslist and you wont be disapointed full hd 1080p! i have one love it but looking for a vx2000

|

Refs: bstick, Genesis, ~Stolen Boy~, netty speghetti, Night Light, Austin Read