Starting a progression series- What ya think?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2016 9:43 AM

So I've been out of riding for a while and wasn't all that good back in the day when I did ride, maybe like a 360 here and there. But anyways so this last week, I bought a 2016 Fit Dugan 1 (Bike Check on my channel) and thought that if I recorded myself and saw what I was doing wrong and that would help me do things right So that sparked the idea of making sort of mini how-to videos with my attempts at whatever I was trying and giving & getting some tips and tricks from and to viewers on what to do and what not. I'm like to put some extra stuff in like some fails to keep it realistic and entertaining. I'm uncertain though because it feels like the first 2 episodes are kinda sluggish and need a MAJOR step up in entertainment. Any tips you all have to make it better video or my tricks better, feel free to let me know. The second episode is a bit more entertaining. Progress SeriesPhoto

Thanks- Josh G

|

"Ain't shit to ride around here, but we'll do it anyway."

8/3/2016 1:30 PM

Man I looked t your profile and saw that u started in July I was like wtf! How the hell are u already doing 180's and 360's lol. I see you used to ride tho. I was like man im catching on slow as hell, still having hell doing a proper bunny hop haha. I can do a funky looking one but i cant get much higher than 8-10 inches and they aren't consist. I just got my bike about 3 weeks ago, but I'm completely new to bmx I'm old tho (28) lol. Keep it up bro I think your doing pretty good. I'll be stoked when I can do 180's and 360's

|

8/3/2016 2:34 PM

Thanks man, you'll get it. I used to ride street bmx from 12 to 16 but stopped for a while. I'm 19 and just happy to be able to ride. But seriously, it just takes time to figure out the motions of the tricks. Another thing is like compression is a major key, then just like pulling the bars and snapping them up and out to help lift the back wheel in a j-hop. And as soon as I get mine dialed, I'll do a how to on 180's and 360's trying to put together the best ways of learning them and what not to do. I want to do a progress episode on 360's as well. Thanks for the support!

|

8/3/2016 2:43 PM

Yeah I know the motions but I just can't do them right lol. It's very frustrating. Same with like manuals I can't make my arms stay straight! Lol. It's frustrating as hell. Yeah man I'll subscribe bro.

|

8/3/2016 2:58 PM

Can't get ur bunny hop video to work. It keeps freezing up

|

8/3/2016 4:10 PM

A lot of it is like the timing of straightening and bending your legs combine with your arms, but what time is it freezing? I've just watched through it and it played okay. Youtube could be pulling some shenanigans. But thanks a lot for the sub, it helps push me to do more and better.

|

8/3/2016 8:50 PM

Yeah I def understand the motions but I just can't get it to work right. I'll pull up and try to jump and I just fuck it all up haha. I can do some kinda ghetto hops where i pull the from up and just pull my legs up and I can get on a ledge lol. It will play 5 or 6 seconds then start loading again and then do the same thing over and over

|

8/3/2016 9:10 PM

Thats the weirdest thing that it isn't playing, I've had other people watch it and it seemed to work. I wish my video would work for you and that might help some for you. But to sum up, compress, lean forward and down before you pull and lean back and straighten your legs out, then as the bars get kinda close and the front wheel comes up, push hard forward on the bars while simultaneously putting pressure on your pedals to help lift the back wheel. But it takes time to get the timing right.

|

8/3/2016 9:20 PM

Compress u mean push down on the bars or squat down? Yeah just tried it again. I've watched a million tutorials. Shit is super frustrating

|

8/4/2016 4:59 AM

Yeah you push down on the bars, and squat down.Its all like one big springing motion but like said, it could just take time haha. Record yourself trying it and see what steps you aren't doing.

|

8/4/2016 7:10 AM

K thanks, I'm gonna try it out bro.

|

8/9/2016 5:03 AM

Start throwing the bees!!! Lol ur good enough and do some g turns wink, hang fives.... Tha good stuff haha. Waiting on ur next video homie

|

8/9/2016 3:50 PM

I've actually tried my first barspin a couple days ago and it didn't go well but I'll get it eventually and I don't have pegs to hang five haha. But I will try g turns for sure, I've been working on getting my half cab down. I'm putting it work but a lot of the stuff is just fails and I want to keep every video entertaining, plus I'm about to move in a couple days but once I move, Ill have a skatepark nearby and the videos will be coming like crazy! Thanks for keeping up man, you really help me wanna keep doing this and keep improving. Keep on riding hard.

|