Tips on keeping a camera stable while filming?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2014 8:48 AM

I have a cam caddie and a canon t3i but no matter how much I try, there's still a bit of noticeable shake... is there a certain way you should grip the handle? i always try to keep a loose grip but I'm not sure haha

|

2/12/2014 5:40 AM

Get a fisheye.. Then you wont notice anything..(push it a stop reference) Do you have stabilization on? Or you can do it in post too.... or use a tripod

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/12/2014 4:59 PM

i have a fisheye and how do i do it in post?

|

2/13/2014 10:15 PM

Well that all depends on your editing program.. But essentially it's an effect.. (stabilization) For some reason Sony vegas isn't working right now so thats all i can say about it right now..also its a last ditch thing.. you dont want to have to use it everytime.
And the fish eye was kind of a joke. Im gonna fix sony than ill figure out what it's under.(what do you use)

Hold the grip firmly but not death grip... If the shot is completely still then tuck your arms as close to your body as possible or use a tripod. if you are moving then there wont be much you can do.. try to do one smooth motion and try not to step or anything...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

2/14/2014 1:45 PM

I use Adobe premiere Pro, I'll probly get a good tripod so i can move it while staying steady

|

2/15/2014 11:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2014 1:13 AM

Using a tripod with a fisheye is stupid and it's also not that good of an idea to try to use post-stabilization because it works by zooming into your footage which means you might lose the "fisheye effect" and it gets all wavy and annoying.. The best thing you can do is to practice more and hold the end of the handle like this so you're not fighting the camera's weight. Oh and also put the camera in the middle of the handle (not like this photo where it's at the very end of the handle).

Photo

|

2/16/2014 3:53 PM

okay thanks Briannoob, that helped alot :D

|