Tough Decision

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2009 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:37 PM

Not sure yet what camera I wanna get but Im working on it..This is what I am down to..
Anybody use these cameras? Have and input. (no stupid shit)

HMC150 & Opteka .4 Death

or

FX1000 & Centrury Death

Really price is the same, its all weather I want CMOS or 3CCD, or if I want SD card or MiniDV tape.

|

I ride 2 wheelers for stacks.

10/27/2009 9:29 PM

That Panasonic murders the FX, I have friends who use both. Im currently colleting my funds to get the DVX100B i desided, CMOS Tend to have Gnarly Problems like my current JVC is a Consumer grade with a CMOS, The tend to leave Frames Blank or destroy shots. I pretty sure Dave King uses the HMC150 and a glidecam. If you wanna check footy Quality here is his vimeo account
Dave King

|

Trinity Bikes Freestyle Team! Bike Check Nigga!

10/28/2009 12:28 AM

miniDV tape is a dead technology compared to SD card. Capturing is a breeze on SD. opteka death is good for the money but has lower glass quality than century.

|

10/31/2009 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2009 9:33 AM

Panasonic HMC150 for sure. I just got mine and the footage really stands up to other higher end HD cameras in the market like the HVX200 or the HPX170. The workflow is a little more tedious but still totally worth it. Super affordable too. A lot of the other Vital Feature contributprs use it too. Michael Mcqueen (Mangler), Glenn PP, and I believe John Hicks. You can look up their stuff if you want to see some more examples. Two HMC videos are on the front page feature list at the time of this writing.

|