film/ photography school

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 6:53 AM

I really want to go to a film or photography school and I figured cali was the best place to go to catch some great stuff out there and spread my name around a bit. but I would really like some advice on what schools I should look at or what would be the place to go to? give me feedback ASAP thank you

|

4/24/2013 11:16 AM

Film schools are so ridiculously expensive. However if you have the money and are really interested I know there's an arts school in San Francisco that has a program where you can check it out and stay for free for 3 days and see if you like it.

|

4/24/2013 11:31 AM

If you're trying to film bmx or skating, film school and tools will be: a board, a camera, a fisheye, computer, final cut, a vehicle, good music knowledge, action sport knowledge, and the school will be on your own time practicing at parks/street/dirt. I'm self taught. I think film school is a joke in my own eyes

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

4/24/2013 5:29 PM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

If you're trying to film bmx or skating, film school and tools will be: a board, a camera, a fisheye, computer, final cut, a vehicle, good music knowledge, action sport knowledge, and the school will be on your own time practicing at parks/street/dirt. I'm self taught. I think film school is a joke in my own eyes

^
You learn more with actual experience. Just actually go out and take photos or film all the time.

|

4/25/2013 9:43 AM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

brianoob wrote:

^
You learn more with actual experience. Just actually go out and take photos or film all the time.

hahahah that's what I do now with filming and taking pictures

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

4/25/2013 11:35 AM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

Im looking into taking photos for my crew and there is going to be a big edit done this summer but as for me i got to go to college so i mean i might as well go to some school and do something with it

|

4/26/2013 8:01 PM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

712brizzybaby wrote:

Im looking into taking photos for my crew and there is going to be a big edit done this summer but as for me i got to go to college so i mean i might as well go to some school and do something with it

college doesnt teach you action sport filming, it's really self taught from observing. Is a college going to teach you how to skateboard and proper fisheye technique? No

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

5/8/2013 9:32 AM

I'm just graduating from a four yr film school now and I can't suggest going to a school enough. Even just a two year will do you a world of good. It does also depend on what kind of film making you're interested in. Sure the focus is on narrative and commercial, but a lot of style and theory will translate right over to BMX/skate. If you're opinion of sports film making is a skateboard and a fisheye, then maybe school isn't for you; but if you want to be more original and build a style beyond that then school will do nothing but help. Just ask Will Stroud and Ryan Navazio!

|

5/15/2013 10:03 AM

rwg2008 wrote:

I'm just graduating from a four yr film school now and I can't suggest going to a school enough. Even just a two year will do you a world of good. It does also depend on what kind of film making you're interested in. Sure the focus is on narrative and commercial, but a lot of style and theory will translate right over to BMX/skate. If you're opinion of sports film making is a skateboard and a fisheye, then maybe school isn't for you; but if you want to be more original and build a style beyond that then school will do nothing but help. Just ask Will Stroud and Ryan Navazio!

All you have to do is look at good videos and re create. SCHOOL ISN'T THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES YOU GOOD AT FILMING holy shit why wont that go through peoples heads?!

|