why such low seats?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2008 8:31 PM

i know i ride my seat low but i was just thinking about it and wondering why so low

and other than keeping them low so u can save weigt by shaving the post

so ima just ride about 3 inches high to see how it feels

|

4/6/2008 6:22 AM

i think its better for trying tricks like no footed can cans and other tricks where it is a risk u might land on ur balls if u have your seat down low at leas u can put yor feet down smile

well in my opinion ....

|

4/6/2008 7:55 AM

save ur nuts is y i do it

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

4/6/2008 8:37 AM

i used to ride with my seat up a couple of inches but i would do flat whips and when putting my foot over the top tube i would always kick my seat, thats why mines low

O YEA, AND THE NUTS

|

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

4/6/2008 8:48 AM

and it looks way better than bein all jacked up super high lol

|

4/6/2008 9:39 PM

Who sits while riding? smile

|

<insert signature here>

4/6/2008 9:48 PM

iBike wrote:

Who sits while riding? smile

agree, the only time i sit is when im just waiting around, but now i ride with my seat post two inches out cause the few times i do sit down i dont want to be sitting on the tire

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

4/6/2008 11:11 PM

its all about the look of the bike. when u look at a bike with a low seat it looks alot better than a high seat.

|

4/6/2008 11:40 PM

i disagree mine looks good well to me but i do it because i have bad knees and i cant have them in my chest when im resting but its just prefrence. cause after you bust ur nuts one good time u wont do it again trust me!

|

LIFE, A PARADOX WE CANT EXPLAIN YET FEEL EVERYDAY...

4/18/2008 8:24 PM

i ride with a low seat because:

1. iff you boost a jump to much and you come down hard you tend to take the impact on your knees by bending them, and you cant bend you knees iff the seat is too high or it will like..dildo your ass dizzy

2. you can hop higher with a low seat.

3. it looks better.

4. balls...

|

4/18/2008 8:38 PM

STAY FIT wrote:

i ride with a low seat because:

1. iff you boost a jump to much and you come down hard you tend to take the impact on your knees by bending them, and you cant bend you knees iff the seat is too high or it will like..dildo your ass dizzy

2. you can hop higher with a low seat.

3. it looks better.

4. balls...

agreed

|

en dub!

4/18/2008 8:59 PM

i run my seat low cuz im not very tall(like 5'4 or 5'5 idk ) so having a tall seat for me isnt very comfortable

|

4/18/2008 9:04 PM

Everything these people say is true.

|

5/1/2008 12:16 PM

I ride with my seatpost all the way up, and with no seat......I like to sit with a metal post up my butt.......hahahahahhahaha

|

"I don't ride trends, I ride bikes........I cut my bars, I ride with brakes, and I don't wear paint on pussy pants."

5/1/2008 12:21 PM

eastwes wrote:

I ride with my seatpost all the way up, and with no seat......I like to sit with a metal post up my butt.......hahahahahhahaha

oh dear jesus.

|

5/1/2008 12:25 PM

LOL. The area where a high seat would be is an important area for a lot of tricks. Your body for the most part is going to be moving around and the seat can get in the way limiting your ability to adjust or tuck. It has nothing to do with looks as far as people who are trying to ride bmx and not just pose. I'm older, can't drive and have to ride far as hell to any local spot but my seat is still pretty low. I bring a set of allen wrenches with me, and some water. So I can slam it when I get where I'm going. Protect your sack! If you come up short you can use your legs to absorb the impact. But a high seat will hit you and send you over the bars. Thats always fun

|

5/1/2008 12:26 PM

eastwes wrote:

xStayTruex wrote:

oh dear jesus.

wow

|

I burn skateboards

5/1/2008 12:50 PM

eastwes wrote:

hahahaha me too.

LOL J/K
I ride a Fit ECCD seat with a Fit D.L.P. Seatpost.

I like the feel of slammed seats.

|

5/1/2008 1:34 PM

its just out of the way

|

jamie girven, aka case hawk.

5/1/2008 8:41 PM

eastwes wrote:

xStayTruex wrote:

oh dear jesus.

that made me laugh..haha

|

5/1/2008 8:42 PM

eastwes wrote:

i also forgot to say that..I LOVE THAT FEELING..WITH THAT COLD METAL UP YOUR RECTUM..ITS FREAKING AWESOME!!! HAHAHAHA J/K

|

5/4/2008 4:37 PM

it just looks really good i dont need it high for a tricks and i like to have my balls intact

|

5/5/2008 10:16 PM

cuz i would like to have kids some day

|

my anaconda dont want none enless you got buns hun

Go deep hairy weasle

5/5/2008 10:41 PM

haha deffenatly protect the balls
but 1 of my mates took it to far and has no seat or seat post al all now haha

|

5/5/2008 11:26 PM

I've rode a bike w/ no seat and broke my tailbone(it sure felt like it any way). I got a low and skinny seat and a tall and good sized seat. I want to get another tall and wider one for my other bike. To me a low and stammed seat is ugly, yet a flag pole seatpost is scary. Go in between!!!

|

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

5/6/2008 12:06 AM

Be honest, most people ride a slammed seat because they think it is cool, and they wana be coo too, I agree they look retarded up more than a few inches, but slammed seats get in the way. Slammed seats always hit my legs when i spin, and my feet hit the seat when I pedal, hence I run it a couple inches high, and I would also like to be able to sit down while riding sometimes.

|

5/9/2008 9:47 AM

eastwes wrote:

whos gay? lolw00t

|

you can't learn to flow by reading books

5/12/2008 9:30 AM

1. i want to have babys
2.it looks good
3. if u land hard the impact is taken on ur knees
4. cut ur seat post makes it lighter

|

5/20/2008 10:11 AM

Another question,, How about doin barspins? How do you usually tuck the bike? Im ridin my seat low but my barspins are kinda crappy, Some Tips?

Oh,, Protect the balls....

|

5/20/2008 10:23 AM

its harder to do tricks with a high seat like a bunnyhop, thats what i feel.

|