youtube vs vimeo

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2013 8:46 AM

which do u think is better for posting ur edits on?

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/13/2013 9:24 PM

Vimeo is a higher quality. Whenever I do something I am proud of the filming and also the tricks on I post to Vimeo. Youtube however gets more traffic but has much lower quality. I would say Vimeo all the way. check out my edit on vimeo in my Sig

|

8/14/2013 12:27 AM

Vimeo is not higher quality unless you pay . Free users are limited to 720p so if you upload in 1080p Vimeo automatically downgrades it to 720p. Vimeo also has that stupid ass waiting time to convert your video which is fucking annoying as well.

YouTube has 1080p available to anyone and doesn't have the dumb waiting time. YouTube also loads a lot faster for me compared to Vimeo too.

I use both though. Vimeo for proper edits and YouTube for random stuff like clips or how-tos.

|

8/16/2013 12:29 PM

I've gone back and fourth with Vimeo and YouTube. I like Youtube because you can upload larger files, whereas you need a Vimeo Plus account to do so on their end. But YouTube also has annoying pop-up ads that are unavoidable. YouTube is a little more commercial (and gets more traffic from the general population, but Vimeo is more of a filmmakers community with tons of indie shorts.

|

8/16/2013 4:41 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

I've gone back and fourth with Vimeo and YouTube. I like Youtube because you can upload larger files, whereas you need a Vimeo Plus account to do so on their end. But YouTube also has annoying pop-up ads that are unavoidable. YouTube is a little more commercial (and gets more traffic from the general population, but Vimeo is more of a filmmakers community with tons of indie shorts.

yea on youtube my vids actually get views. on vimeo, i have 10 views after a month. but vimeo has much better interface and a community not composed of little kids

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/17/2013 2:25 PM

Youtube also gives you a ton of awesome retarded comments. Its full of keyboard heros.

|