Chris Courtenay Q&A (3/7 - 3/14)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2012 9:17 PM

Australian shredder Chris Courtenay has quickly become known as one of the gnarliest park riders in the world. From blasting huge tailwhip airs on quarterpipes to fully extended no handers out of stalls, he's got a wild set of moves that only continues to grow. Chris will be hanging out with us in the forum for the next week. Have a question for him about airing high, riding for Colony, his favorite riders, BMX contests, or anything else? Ask it below!

Photo

|

3/6/2012 9:43 PM

Who are some of your favorite riders?

|

3/6/2012 11:49 PM

Ql= hey Chris your are easily one of my favorite riders how does it feel to ride for one of the best company s colony how does it feel Q2= i heard that you use to live mackay and rid for flatline was that all right and did you know the locals like pete white,jaak bailey and the rest

|

3/7/2012 12:19 AM

How did your style become what it is today?
When you first started riding, how was progression for you? Did you start off slow and struggle with tricks or progress fast and learned tricks easy?

|

3/7/2012 2:53 AM

I will most likely sound like an idiot, but how did you learn to air so high!?

|

3/7/2012 3:18 AM

1) when growing up were you more into park, dirt or street and has it affected what style of rider you are?

2) how much has your setups changed since you started riding?

|

3/7/2012 3:23 AM

ok first hey! haha ok first question.. how did it feel to get clint come up and ask you if you wanted to ride for colony? second question.. when did you start riding like for real? third question what music you listen to when riding? and last one haha who do you look up to for riding?

|

3/7/2012 5:05 AM

Can I have your car?

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/7/2012 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2012 3:14 AM

shredder4days wrote:

Who are some of your favorite riders?

Got a couple of favourites but drew bezanson, Alex hiam, Alex coleborn are some of them! AND DENNIS ENARSON!

|

3/7/2012 3:20 PM

lolumadebmx57 wrote:

Ql= hey Chris your are easily one of my favorite riders how does it feel to ride for one of the best company s colony how does it feel Q2= i heard that you use to live mackay and rid for flatline was that all right and did you know the locals like pete white,jaak bailey and the rest

Its an honor to ride for such a good Australian brand! The team is awesome and the parts are always on point! Gets me stoked to say im a part of colony! Deffinatly started off riding with all those guys, goodtimes!

|

3/7/2012 3:25 PM

PBJSammitch wrote:

How did your style become what it is today?
When you first started riding, how was progression for you? Did you start off slow and struggle with tricks or progress fast and learned tricks easy?

It's something you can't really pick, Ive always just tried to do tricks that I was stoked on weather it was like a tyre grab or an x up so I was just psyched on the basics! Progression was something that I'm really stoked on still just to see how far everyone can push the sport and things that a few years ago were seemed 'undoable' now being done regulary!

|

3/7/2012 3:27 PM

Ben_Connolly wrote:

I will most likely sound like an idiot, but how did you learn to air so high!?

Hahah all good. I started off riding hibiscus skatepark which has got bowls, hips and alot of quarters! So It just seemed right airing and whatnot.

|

3/7/2012 3:30 PM

tomn8r wrote:

1) when growing up were you more into park, dirt or street and has it affected what style of rider you are?

2) how much has your setups changed since you started riding?

I grew up racing so riding has deffinatly taken a massive turn for me seeing I really don't ride much dirt at all anymore! But I'm more than stoked on riding now! And my bike has always been similar like a decent hight stand over on my frame and like 27" bars!

|

3/7/2012 3:30 PM

Nike iD wrote:

Can I have your car?

Hahaha my pride and joy! Never smile

|

3/7/2012 3:35 PM

Dominic_Wallace wrote:

ok first hey! haha ok first question.. how did it feel to get clint come up and ask you if you wanted to ride for colony? second question.. when did you start riding like for real? third question what music you listen to when riding? and last one haha who do you look up to for riding?

Well Ryan Guettler surprised me when he put Millar on the phone when we were at a local jam near Sydney and I did not expect him to ask me to ride for colony but I was and still am really stoked! I got into riding when I was around 14/15. Music wise anything that sets a good vibe smile. And people like drew b/ alex hiam/ Alex coleborn get me real psyched to get out and rider bike!!

|

3/7/2012 8:37 PM

top 5 favorite tricks? and top 5 favorite "tricks" (aka: women)?

|

3/7/2012 9:08 PM

how to heck do you make your brakes work so well? rim cleaning tips?

|

3/8/2012 3:23 AM

jesuslizard wrote:

top 5 favorite tricks? and top 5 favorite "tricks" (aka: women)?

Would have to be footjams, tuck no harders, barspin, 3 oppo down & the old flair! I just got the 1 girl wink

|

3/8/2012 3:25 AM

MCren2619 wrote:

how to heck do you make your brakes work so well? rim cleaning tips?

It used to use the glue from a hot glue gun but now I'm onto this fanbelt spray/ glue! Works a treat!!

|

3/9/2012 9:52 AM

What goes through your head when you're 10-12 feet in the air doing a tailwhip?

|

3/9/2012 4:14 PM

ChrisWilmshurst wrote:

What goes through your head when you're 10-12 feet in the air doing a tailwhip?

I honestly feel like its easier than like a hop whip or something just alot more chilled and don't have to work for it! Plus their a fun trick!!

|

3/9/2012 9:38 PM

Do you ever get stressed out while riding, if you cant pull a line or it seems you cant learn a trick?
It blows my mind how high and clean you throw the bars the opposite way in an opposite air.

|

3/9/2012 11:44 PM

hey dude! much love for your riding man you shred!, got any tips on inside jams? smile

|

3/10/2012 5:23 AM

nice edits bro but for the last edit that song just wasnt for your tyoe of riding i hate niggas in paris lol............ but keep it up bro your throwin down!

|

I love the smell of 'chromoly' in the morning....

3/11/2012 1:09 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Do you ever get stressed out while riding, if you cant pull a line or it seems you cant learn a trick?
It blows my mind how high and clean you throw the bars the opposite way in an opposite air.

ohhh deffinately man! you always have them days, sometimes its best to just leave it and just come back to it later or its gonna kill your whole session! but thanks mate smile

|

3/11/2012 1:11 AM

cohenthurecht bmx wrote:

hey dude! much love for your riding man you shred!, got any tips on inside jams? smile

thanks man appreciate the love! but ive always found they work easier when you just go for it and lean in, some people prefer to hold their brakes but i find them easier without! let me know how you go!!

|

3/11/2012 1:15 AM

sameslabombito wrote:

nice edits bro but for the last edit that song just wasnt for your tyoe of riding i hate niggas in paris lol............ but keep it up bro your throwin down!

yeh man each to their own! i guess Guettler and i thought it would suit and was abit different to everything else ive used in the past! but psyched your into them man!

|

3/15/2012 10:07 AM

sameslabombito wrote:

chriscourtenay wrote:

yeh man each to their own! i guess Guettler and i thought it would suit and was abit different to everything else ive used in the past! but psyched your into them man!

no problem brah

|

I love the smell of 'chromoly' in the morning....

6/1/2012 2:33 AM

i know chris anyway
don't need to ask him a question
he works at my lbs ahahahah

|