GYRO HELP!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2017 12:52 PM

So, I got a new detangler (gyro) and it has wayyyy too much slack. Even when all my adjustment screws are to their max. I can't move my brake lever anymore cuz of the grip, so, what do I do?

|

9/10/2017 10:23 AM

Send some pics. The ruber/plasting cord might be to short.

|

9/13/2017 8:39 AM

Also, depending on your setup, if you have bolt-on gyro tabs, they could be installed incorrectly. If so, if they are flipped, they will take up cable.

|

9/26/2017 7:27 PM

Im getting into bmx, i heard the Sunday forecaster 2017 was a good bike but i dont feel very safe without brakes. Can i somehow get gyro brakes on the Sunday forecaster 2017?

|

9/27/2017 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 8:03 AM

Aquo_2682 wrote:

Im getting into bmx, i heard the Sunday forecaster 2017 was a good bike but i dont feel very safe without brakes. Can i ...more

Yes, the Forecaster has the ability to have gyro tabs and brakes. But why spend that sort of money on a Hi-tens frame? There are better bikes available for less money.

|

9/27/2017 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2017 7:41 PM

I honestly was not too sure about the bike or which one to get but i wanna get one from $300- $500, what do you recommend?

|

9/29/2017 5:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2017 5:18 AM

Aquo_2682 wrote:

I honestly was not too sure about the bike or which one to get but i wanna get one from $300- $500, what do you recommend?

There are a lot of options for $500 or less. You can go used or new.

If they are in stock, for $399 delivered, It's hard to beat the Eastern Shovelhead. Full Chomoly Frame, Fork, Bars, Cranks. Sealed everything, double wall rims, etc... Just a great deal. They were out of stock recently so I'd call them if you wanted to go that route. I got one a few months back. I ordered it & it was at my door 2 days later!

There are other bikes that are a great deal too, like the Mongoose Legion L100. That can be had for even less than the Shovel but you notice it in the parts & the frame isn't quite as good but still a killer deal.

Whatever you choose, (especially in that price range) be sure you get a FULL Chromoly frame, fork, & bars, at a minimum. If you see a bike on CL that looks nice, google it & be sure that model has the full Chromo stuff. Keep in mind that most companies make full Chromo frames and non-Chromo frames & a mix of both chromo/hi-tens. So when you are looking at something used (or new) be sure you are investigating the exact model so you know what the frame, etc.. is made of.

|