2017 SE Guadium for getting back into the sport?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2017 6:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2017 6:08 AM

Obviously a custom would be the best option, but I don't have that kind of money. So I was really looking into the 2017 SE Guadium (Kris Fox Signature Complete) it looks like a nice bike to me and it seems like it can take one heck of a beating, but I'm a bigger guy and I'm guaranteed to break something. So my main question "if I buy the 2017 SE Guadium what would be my main concerns? And if not this bike, then what bike do you recommend?" Specs: Featuring a double-butted main frame, female axle hubs, Alienation rims, 2.4" Demolition tires, Odyssey Twisted PC pedals and a padded Pivotal seat with nylon post, Kris Fox's signature Gaudium, uniquely spec'd to his preferences‚ is the bike for you if you're longing for some of that amazing Kris Fox style.
Kris Fox signature model, 100% Cr-Mo, double-butted main frame, integrated head tube, integrated seat clamp, machined mid bottom bracket, micro dropouts, removable cable guides & brake mounts.
Full Cr-Mo tapered leg SE forks w/ cut-out clearance for pegs.
SE Pivotal seat w/ lightweight nylon Pivotal seatpost.
Odyssey Springfield Brake Kit. Incredibly stiff brake arms, easy to adjust, and comes equipped with Odyssey brake lever, Quick Slic cable and Odyssey Ghost brake pads.
SE 3pc closed end Invisibolt tubular cranks w/ 25-9 micro gearing w/ 6061 aluminum SE sprocket.
Odyssey Twisted Plastic Composite Pedals.
Alienation Deviant & 440 double wall rims.
Rear hub w/ 4-sealed bearings & female axle, front hub w/ 2-sealed bearings & female axle.
Extra-wide 2.4” tires provide more traction and forgiveness on harsh landings.
24.4 lbs

|

4/9/2017 7:59 AM

Hey man...did you go with the SE complete.? So obviously SE had been around for a long time. BUT, There are better completes out there that would have a few more name branded parts on them, pretty much meaning you could get better parts on other completes....rather than closed ended tubular cranks, where as with either a Sunday complete, or a FIT complete might have a more consistent/reliable crank. That's just a little example. Look at Sunday, FIt, and WTP, completes as well. It wouldn't be the end of the world if you did get the SE., because Kris Fox is a beast. BUT if you are still searching, look at a few of the above companies. Cheers.

|

11/12/2017 5:57 PM

I already went threw this hassle of looking for a good bike for 400 bucks, what you want is a full chromoly frame, only ones are the KINK whip or the eastern shovel head, they are the best bang for your buck when it comes to completes. WTP and Sunday don't have any full chromoly frames under 600 bucks

|

11/12/2017 5:58 PM

If you taller guy, the KINK liberty or the eastern shovel head might be a little bit more comfy since they have a longer head tube, from what I've learned from my research is you want a full chromoly frame

|

11/12/2017 7:14 PM

Damn, Idk y I was thinking of a different model, yeah that SE bike is full chromoly, if you wanna spend that much that is more then what I thought the bike cost, I must of been thinking of the SE everyday

|