Getting flow and pro. How to get sponsored.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2017 2:34 PM

So yo, I'm 28 and just got my first bmx in over ten years. I used to skate, kick flips, manuals, and all the grinds. I've been riding mtb trails for the last 3 years on a trek bike and just made the switch to Bmx. Is it too late? I know a lot of you pros have been riding since middle school. Can a 28 year old who can't 180 yet get flow or turn pro. I have so much passion for this shit and all I ever want to do is ride my bike. I broke my foot last week and still ride everyday. Let there be hope. I'm going all out anyways but some support would be good motivation.

|

Studies have shown that riding a bicycle everyday makes you more awesome than the general population.

2/15/2017 2:38 PM

It's definitely possible, but, as you seem to understand, pretty far out of the norm. Progression (generally) doesn't come quite as quickly at an older age. Injuries also don't heal quite as fast. But, to say it's impossible would be insane.

Ride because it's fun and, if more happens to come along, that's just an added bonus!

|

2/15/2017 2:44 PM

Awesome thanks man. I really feel like I can do a lot for the sport and I always have fun riding. I set goals for myself because I get stoked on achieving them. Getting a free pair of shoes in a few years would feel so fucking awesome hahaha. And yea the injuries.... I used to bend like rubber and got broken pretty much putting my foot down trying to do a barspin. I've always been quick to learn and I can't wait to go ride without this giant boot on my foot haha. I'm hooked. Really hard

|

Studies have shown that riding a bicycle everyday makes you more awesome than the general population.