Marnold Q&A (1/16 - 1/23)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2012 5:57 PM

Colony pro Marnold will be hanging out with us in the Vital BMX forum for the next week. Have a question about huge smith grinds, welding, 180s out of icepicks, tall tees, filming for The Colony DVD, or anything else? Ask below and see what he has to say!

|

1/16/2012 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2012 8:10 PM

I want to learn barspins the right way, I am left foot forward but it feels unco to throw the bars with my left hand, What would you do in this situation ? Does it matter if I do topside barspins ?

|

1/16/2012 8:42 PM

Do you weld parts for colony? If you do, what is the process of welding a frame?

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

1/16/2012 8:44 PM

i have the same problem as ozzy4australia, i already have barspins dialled as but is it worth learning to throw them the other way so i can bar my right hips and bar air properly?

|

1/16/2012 9:18 PM

ozzy4australia wrote:

I want to learn barspins the right way, I am left foot forward but it feels unco to throw the bars with my left hand, What would you do in this situation ? Does it matter if I do topside barspins ?

yo, if i was in the situation dude id just keep trying them till they aventually feel right, i learnt them topside and after a while throwing with your left hand will fell natural just give it a little bit of time and practise, im sure it will feel better soon

|

1/16/2012 9:19 PM

Broughton wrote:

Do you weld parts for colony? If you do, what is the process of welding a frame?

haha nah man all that is done somewhere esle im not to sure where it is, im just a tig welder who builds stainless steel hot water tanks

|

1/16/2012 9:21 PM

manbearpig wrote:

i have the same problem as ozzy4australia, i already have barspins dialled as but is it worth learning to throw them the other way so i can bar my right hips and bar air properly?

well it is if you want to learn truck drivers and make photos and footage alot better i would suggust learning them the other way just looks alot better and stuff for me it took a little while learning them the other way, and if you already have one way dialed the other way shouldnt be to hard,

|

1/16/2012 9:53 PM

Tall tees yeah! What kind do you wear? I got that st johnsons bay shit.

Are you buddies with Broc Raiford?

|

Ref(s):xBikeaholicx,SafetyFirst

1/16/2012 9:53 PM

ive already got truckdrivers down, i spin goofy. left foot foward spin to the left and bar to the right very messed up.

|

1/16/2012 10:06 PM

So Marnold, In Australia does it make you different being a street rider? Because it seems to me, most the dudes in Australia who ride, mainly ride park. But in America, it seems to me like most the dudes are all crazy about street... Enlighten me with what its really like to be an Aussie BMX rider and what all is popular down under.

|

1/16/2012 10:12 PM

Hey Marnsy,
Dak this weekend?

|

1/16/2012 10:14 PM

William_Cespedes wrote:

Yo my tall tees are from foot locker man only place i know that sells them down here, and nah man never meet him i havent been to amercia.

|

1/16/2012 10:15 PM

manbearpig wrote:

ive already got truckdrivers down, i spin goofy. left foot foward spin to the left and bar to the right very messed up.

If you spin goofy and throw bar's to the right no need to learn the other way man.

|

1/16/2012 10:22 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

So Marnold, In Australia does it make you different being a street rider? Because it seems to me, most the dudes in Australia who ride, mainly ride park. But in America, it seems to me like most the dudes are all crazy about street... Enlighten me with what its really like to be an Aussie BMX rider and what all is popular down under.

Hey man, nah not at all man there actually is alot of street riders in austraila just not a guys get noticed as much as all the park riders do. Being an aussie bmx rider isnt really being something man its just a thing i do on the weekend and after work with my mates and something we all love to do, to be honest with you i really dont pay the biggest attention to what all is popular man i ride for the fun and for the good times.

|

1/16/2012 10:23 PM

LachyD wrote:

Hey Marnsy,
Dak this weekend?

Nil cash brother .. Fuckin soon we shall shred the dirty dak d flooorr haha

|

1/16/2012 10:24 PM

LachyD wrote:

Hey Marnsy,
Dak this weekend?

Marnold wrote:

Your so professional haha!
Go for a ride soon!

|

1/16/2012 10:30 PM

LachyD wrote:

Hey Marnsy,
Dak this weekend?

Marnold wrote:

LachyD wrote:

Your so professional haha!
Go for a ride soon!

Hahaha fuck up... Yeah man im keen as!!!!

|

1/16/2012 11:16 PM

William_Cespedes wrote:

my cousin is friends with him!

|

vital's redneck

1/16/2012 11:17 PM

when you don't ride what do you do?

|

vital's redneck

1/16/2012 11:46 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

when you don't ride what do you do?

Usually drinking with mates, swim or work on cars man, or seeing females haha

|

1/17/2012 1:38 AM

What model is your commo? Got a good stezza?

|

1/17/2012 2:07 AM

What keeps you motivated when it comes to riding your bike? Have you ever had such a bad day that you wanted to quit riding?

|

No spin, just flip. YOU GOT IT!

1/17/2012 2:31 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Marnold wrote:

Hey man, nah not at all man there actually is alot of street riders in austraila just not a guys get noticed as much as all the park riders do. Being an aussie bmx rider isnt really being something man its just a thing i do on the weekend and after work with my mates and something we all love to do, to be honest with you i really dont pay the biggest attention to what all is popular man i ride for the fun and for the good times.

so true!

what are some good riding songs??

|

1/17/2012 4:47 AM

Hey man! I can't figure out how to balance nose manuals, I get them up there but it's all speed not balance any help?

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

1/17/2012 9:04 AM

Wich hand do you masterbate with?

|

1/17/2012 9:19 AM

Was it hard to get good at riding BMX coming from a small town like Monbulk, Australia?

|

1/17/2012 9:21 AM

do you listen to aussie rap like 360 or bliss n eso?

|

Photobucket

1/17/2012 10:59 AM

Mattix wrote:

Hey man! I can't figure out how to balance nose manuals, I get them up there but it's all speed not balance any help?

Hey man, with nose manuals its all about practise and finding where that good spot is. With the balance finding that point and keeping it up it will take time and practise it will come and you will be anle to balance them

|

1/17/2012 10:59 AM

Mr.Lion wrote:

Wich hand do you masterbate with?

Both and a foot

|

1/17/2012 11:01 AM

Colin Mackay wrote:

Was it hard to get good at riding BMX coming from a small town like Monbulk, Australia?

Haha well im not actually from monbulk we just used to ride there a fair bit because the mini was always fun

|