Nylon Pedals with changeable spikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2017 1:31 PM

I'm looking for nylon pedals with interchangeable spikes so when I wear them down I can switch spikes with out having to buy a new pedal. I cant find any nylon ones with changebale spikes, only aluminum? Are aluminum pedals bad? I just don't want metal pedals to hurt my shins when I get shinners lol.

|

You're really good at riding bikes, but I bet you cant crash as good as I can...

6/15/2017 2:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2017 2:48 PM

1) Yes, there are plastic pedals with metal/interchangeable pins. If you do a search of pedals at Dan's filtered by plastic/nylon you'll be able to tell pretty much just by looking at the photos which pedals have metal/interchangeable pins.

2) Plastic pedals can very easily destroy your shins! They can mine anyway. I run plastic pedals with plastic pins... and now shin guards. YMMV.

ETA: Clarification on pins

|

6/15/2017 3:20 PM

Thx! You have any reccomendations? Cheap ones preffereably? XD

|

You're really good at riding bikes, but I bet you cant crash as good as I can...

6/17/2017 3:43 AM

I just use plastic pedals with plastic pins. I do a lot of pedal slides and just make sure I only slide one side of them. My last pair were fbm nice pedals and they lasted about 9 months before I ground down to the bearing, and still had plenty of grip on the grippy side.

Those pedals easily lasted longer then any other pedals I've used. A few others I tried literally only lasted 2 weeks. And odyssey twisted only lasted one ride. Demolition trooper pedals lasted a few months. As did some cheap salt pedals I had. Just steer clear of the clear type because the plastic is harder and tends to crack easily

|

10/17/2018 7:33 PM

Check out the Eclat Contra pedal, they seem to be what your looking for.

|

Ride everything