Too good to be true? $80 Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2018 11:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2018 11:44 PM

I am new here, and a noob.
2013 GT Interceptor frame for $80. Description isn't very detailed on material and not much on google besides the same sales pitch. I'm assuming its only partial chromoly judging from the price?

"GT's Interceptor Pro offers classic BMX style with the all important combination of light and strong. This frame is built with hard-hitting chromoly and feature built-in chain tensioners. Linear pull brake mounts, a 27.2mm seat tube and a Euro sized bottom bracket show off its intended purpose. Plus, a trick integrated seatpost collar adds just a little more style."

https://brandscycle.com/m/product/gt-interceptor-pro-frame-174574-1.htm?variations=753566&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuDTBRDUARIsAL41eDrCc7IGrIHVT3gy0vj1LwSxQ-wbffn1K4twGSKENQawN8whJ_pxaz0aArVUEALw_wc

|

2/6/2018 5:17 AM

That's a race frame-while it likely would do fine with freestyle, it is designed for speed, being smooth, and that's it. Plus linear pull brakes.

Their specs list is atrocious. Seriously. Nothing other than "GT Interceptor BMX Race Design- 4130 Chromoly". No angles, no lengths, nothing.

I would steer clear unless you don't care about sizing etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/6/2018 6:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's a race frame-while it likely would do fine with freestyle, it is designed for speed, being smooth, and that's it. Plus ...more

Thanks Dave! You're right, I didn't realize it was only meant for race. I read the description on the GT website and seen that it mentions nothing about freestyle or doing tricks, only dirt and racing. I missed all that when I saw chromoly and $80 lol.
I'll take your advice and maybe get an Eastern or Subrosa, etc.
Thanks for your input.

|

4/6/2018 8:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

That's a race frame-while it likely would do fine with freestyle, it is designed for speed, being smooth, and that's it. Plus ...more

phuong5oh wrote:

Thanks Dave! You're right, I didn't realize it was only meant for race. I read the description on the GT website and seen that ...more

If that seems too good to be true, for a while they were selling those Haro Zebra frames for $50, the forks would sell for $30!. I did some looking around and it seems like there's none around anymore though. They were legit though, I know someone who bought a frame and fork.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

10/16/2018 11:17 AM

u can get a haro zebra brand new for 100 no tax or shiping on bmx guru

|