What size bike do I get for my 9 yr old ...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2013 3:31 PM

Hey all, just looking for some friendly advice here. My 9 yr old boy wants to start bmx racing and I have no idea what size or weight bike to get him. He is 53" inches tall and 25" inseam (questions the sales rep asked me at J&R bike store). The sales rep mentioned a redline MX20 "Expert" size but I looked up the specs and this bike weighs 23 lbs this seems a little on the heavier side for a racing bike as well as a 9 year old. I want him to have something light enough for him to manhandle on the track but reasonable in price if that even exists smile . Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

|

4/26/2013 8:53 PM

Looks like you are new here so welcome to Vital Bmx. Pro q and a is for asking pro riders questions. You would get responses in the General Bmx section of this forum. Cheers

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5