Time zones

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2017 12:01 PM

Is there a way to adjust our time zone settings so that when I am viewing posts, etc... in the forums, they display my local time (as it pertains to what time the most recent post was posted)?

|

10/10/2017 9:29 AM

Are you saying you don't want to see times displayed for your time zone? If so, why?

|

10/10/2017 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2017 10:19 AM

VitalBrad wrote:

Are you saying you don't want to see times displayed for your time zone? If so, why?

no, I WANT to see times displayed in my timezone. They don't seem to be following that & I wasn't sure if there was a way to change it so it displays in my timezone. Only because after a bit, the "posted 1 hour ago" goes away & reverts back to a time. That time, for me anyway, is several hours behind my actual time. It isn't life changing either way but when following a thread, it's nice to know if that thread was updated since the last time you looked. Otherwise you have to open the thread to see a post you already read.

|

10/10/2017 10:47 AM

Do you know if the problem is just in the forum, or is it the whole site? What do you see as the date and time for this video and the first post of this thread? What time zone are you in?

|

10/10/2017 7:18 PM

I don't know if it's just me or not. I just posted something & the time (on my phone) shows 7:13pm (it's 9:13 here).

Here's a screen shot of the thread:Photo

|

10/10/2017 8:54 PM

Yeah this is the same thing with me... it's 10:54 pm here right now but when I post this it will say 8:54 pm...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/11/2017 8:01 AM

Thanks for the info. We'll take a look at this.

|

11/17/2017 5:54 AM

So what's the latest on this issue?

|

11/17/2017 9:11 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

We're planning to add the fix on Monday.

|

11/17/2017 10:14 AM

VitalBrad wrote:

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it! Thanks Brad!

|

11/21/2017 10:50 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

VitalBrad wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Sweet! I'm looking forward to it! Thanks Brad!

We added the change. Please confirm that it's properly for you. Thanks.

|

11/21/2017 11:20 AM

No it still shows the latest posts being 2 hours behind... am I supposed to fix this in the settings or something?

|

11/27/2017 6:19 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

No it still shows the latest posts being 2 hours behind... am I supposed to fix this in the settings or something?

Yeah, same for me. Nothing seems to have changed.

|

11/27/2017 6:43 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, same for me. Nothing seems to have changed.

Unless it's only for the desktop version... which almost no one uses probably...

|

11/27/2017 11:55 AM

Thanks for the testing feedback, sorry it's still not working properly. Looks like it's working properly on the desktop site, but not mobile. I'll let our developers know.

|

11/27/2017 4:42 PM

VitalBrad wrote:

Thanks for the testing feedback, sorry it's still not working properly. Looks like it's working properly on the desktop site, ...more

Cool thanks Brad!

|

11/28/2017 11:30 AM

VitalBrad wrote:

Thanks for the testing feedback, sorry it's still not working properly. Looks like it's working properly on the desktop site, ...more

I don;t know that it is desktop related. I am (was a moment ago) looking at the forum (on a desktop)& it would show posts that were "posted 37 minutes ago" then a few minutes later would show those same posts as being posted at 11:29 (when it is 1:29 locally). I even saw something like that after I had posted something a few moments after I posted it (where it said it was posted 2 hours prior).

|

11/29/2017 10:44 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I don;t know that it is desktop related. I am (was a moment ago) looking at the forum (on a desktop)& it would show posts ...more

@Mishinn_Control and @HondaCRFRacer thank you both for the info - timestamps should all be within your own timezone on both desktop and mobile.

RE: @Mishinn_Control your last post - I've not been able to replicate that desktop issue. I suspect that an issue like this can only occur in rare circumstances (another error having a knock-on affect). If you see this again, could you please make a note of the URL and what values are witnessed. Many thanks.

|

11/30/2017 4:59 AM

edson_bsx wrote:

@Mishinn_Control and @HondaCRFRacer thank you both for the info - timestamps should all be within your own timezone on both ...more

Will do. Thanx for the help (yeah, I know it isn't really that big of a deal but I appreciate all the help on this non-issue, nonetheless).

|

12/4/2017 9:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2017 9:21 AM

Well, it's odd. On this thread, I was watching last week & the times seemed to correlate. But I just posted to the general BMX forum & it says I posted at 9:15am but it's 11:15am here (Midwest). THis is on a desktop, BTW.

Update: I had JUST looked back at the thread I posted to (General BMX) & it said "9:15am" as my post time. After I finished this post, I went back & it said I posted "5 minutes ago".

|

12/18/2017 8:28 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Well, it's odd. On this thread, I was watching last week & the times seemed to correlate. But I just posted to the general ...more

If you see this again, can you please provide the URL and location of where the timezone has been displayed incorrectly. I've tested our previous fixes in all thread types and so have been unable to replicate the issue so far. Thanks.

|

12/18/2017 9:03 AM

I'm still seeing it but I've basically accepted it as "that's the way it is". I think I mentioned it earlier but I noticed it again today.... I posted something at about 7:15am Central & looked back at it later & it said (in the forum list that I had posted it at 5:15am (I know I did not since I was just crawling out of bed at 5:15am). When I saw it, I clicked the refresh on my browser & it updated to say "1 hour ago" instead of an actual time.

|

12/18/2017 3:45 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I'm still seeing it but I've basically accepted it as "that's the way it is". I think I mentioned it earlier but I noticed it ...more

Yeah same I've kinda just accepted it... it doesn't bother me too much so I really don't care... it's probably alot of work for the website programmers to fix it, idk though maybe it's easy... but I not all that great at computers lol.... but I'm not really too worried about itsmile

|