Wheel bolt keeps going loose

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2014 2:12 PM

Hey, fairly new to BMX, used to skate for years, got a bike a few month ago off ebay, in pretty much new condition. It was the Premium spire 2013. Anyway, i've got pegs on it, and if i do at least 5 feeble's, then for some reason the bolt inside my peg keeps going loose, but the bolt on the driver side (right side) is fine, Anyone got any idea as to why this could be ? the only thing i can think of is that somehow the hub axle is fucked, and because of the force that gets put on it when i feeble, the thread jumps and loosens (if that makes any sense).

And before anyone asks, no its not because i didn't tighten my wheel enough..

Cant really be fucked buying a new hub/ wheel so if anyone has any solutions/help, it would be greatly appreciated, cheers

|

11/26/2014 2:31 AM

got any washers between nut and peg?? that helped me

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

11/26/2014 3:48 AM

aussiebmxer wrote:

got any washers between nut and peg?? that helped me

yep

|

11/26/2014 3:17 PM

ohh ummmm sorry but i dont know haha

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

11/27/2014 7:54 PM

get some thread lock. Its really cheap and works great. If you've never heard of it, its kind of like glue but it just assures that your nut won't come loose. Obviously you can still take the nut off and on

|

Youtube
Instagram: @joelfiest
Twitter @joelfiest9
Bike Check

11/27/2014 7:57 PM

also this doesnt belong in this section, it belongs in either general or how to
this section is for questions about the site, not parts

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5