Fayetteville NC Trails

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2010 1:09 PM

First off let me start by saying. I have been digging at these trails off and on since 2002, one of the first guys back there. In 2004, most of the original guys stopped riding for what ever reasons. So the few of us that remained, attempted to recruit more people to help dig and maintain the trails. For those of you that have been back there, I am sure you can see this failed miserably. Word of their location eventually spread like wildfire. Attracting all the people we didn't want back there. In mere weeks, perfectly running lines were destroyed by people who could make it through. They tried to shorten the height of jumps, the length of the gaps, and mellow out the lips. Rendering the trails unridable. Eventually after ruining everything, these said individuals gave up trying(emphasis on trying) to build, and stopped showing up. At which point I and one other friend, rebuild as much as we could, to have something to ride again. This lasted a good while, until we show up after a few weeks of no rain, to do some maintenance, and find everything wrecked again. This rebuilding process has probably happened at least 4 times over the years, as new suckers or myself tried to rebuild.

Anyway, enough with the history lesson. I just got back to Fayetteville after living in Chicago for a while. When I got back, I went to see if the trails were still there, and in what condition. I saw the main set had been changed dramatically, but was excited to see tools out there. The thought of people willing to dig blew my mind. Enough so, for me to build a new rig, after not riding for some years. I also started throwing dirt out there, whenever we got a good rain. I started working on a side project, pump track type deal, that I never got to finish. It was more or less how I had left it, with mild erosion.

So I have been working on it, whenever I have time, over the last month or two. Yesterday, I go out there, and low and behold, someone flattened the launch I was working on at the end of a berm, turning it into a roller. Now if it didn't work, that would be one thing, but I didn't even finish it yet to test it. Simply mocked it up, to see how it would flow into the corresponding berm lander. Which also is not done.

I don't know how many people from Fayetteville dig out there, or how many of you guys might read this ridiculously long post. But can we please not go through the build/wreck/rebuild process again. If you can't ride someone else's line, then don't. Simple as that, don't try to change it to match your level of riding, or lack there of. If you need help starting your own, thats fine, find me out there, and I will more then happy to help you out. We will never have a good spot if everyone is always trying to change other peoples lines. If everyone through the years had just built their own lines, we would have had some legit trails by now.

|

6/23/2010 9:34 PM

dude i just moved to sanford and have noone to ride with i have been thinking about trails for a while but i dont have anyone to work on them with i would love to get up with you/your crew and build a good local place to ride(i dont want to goto raleigh every time i want to ride)

|

6/24/2010 11:35 AM

why are t-bogs so fun wrote:

dude i just moved to sanford and have noone to ride with i have been thinking about trails for a while but i dont have anyone to work on them with i would love to get up with you/your crew and build a good local place to ride(i dont want to goto raleigh every time i want to ride)

yes you do, raleigh is the mecca.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

6/24/2010 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2010 12:43 PM

Considering the drive time, is about the same. Raleigh is definitely a more logical choice.

|

6/24/2010 5:06 PM

well i dont live in the city of sanford i live between sanford and fayetteville so im like 20 minutes away tops. i just cam back from raleigh a couple minutes ago for the 3rd or 4t time in the past week of two i have been riding marsh creek and went downtown once and i am yet to see one biker

|

6/24/2010 5:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:14 AM

R u talking about the ones behind the office building on Bragg blvd?

If so I can put you in touch with the guys digging/riding out there. Mostly teenagers but I think there's a few adults as well. And tbogs, there is a huge scene in Raleigh...

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

6/24/2010 6:22 PM

are you sayin you can put me in touch with them?if so that would be sweet.i havent seen anyone in raleigh i think i need someone to ride with so i can get into the scene

|

6/24/2010 6:38 PM

Yeah, those would be the ones. I just got back from rebuilding the same stuff again, so awesome. At this point, I am not sure what is more irritating, that my launch keeps getting flattened, or that people are rutting out the berms before it, because they can't figure out that its wet. I might have to break out some chains.

If you could put me in touch with the guys that go out there, that would be great. If they are not the ones flattening stuff, we might be able to atleast narrow down when it is happening.

Thanks

|

6/24/2010 6:44 PM

burry a board with som nails in it in the face of a jump so just the nails are sticking out and pop there freaking tires

|

6/24/2010 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:14 AM

DET here's a fb link to get in touch with Daniel...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=774398771&ref=ts

once I get over my concussion I'm gonna head back down to Fayetteville to ride the park and try and hit up these trails now that they're running again.

Tbogs, start coming to sk8 Cary and you'll meet some Raleigh people to ride with. I'm injured right now, but I'll be back on the bike in a few weeks and if you friend me on fb I'll try and get up with you to ride.

Www.facebook.com/huckerdave

|

6/24/2010 6:54 PM

there is a park in fayetteville????
is that that indoor place?
yea man ill hit up your fb

|

6/25/2010 7:37 AM

yeah its called double decker skatepark.

just google it, and it will bring up the myspace page b/c i dont think they have a legit website. fun park though.

|

6/25/2010 8:33 AM

Double Decker is already closed. They were not getting enough business.

|

6/25/2010 9:20 AM

damn

|

6/25/2010 9:58 AM

Have you ridden that foundation spot in Sanford? There used to be some ramps and misc. out there. Haven't been there in a while though.

|

6/25/2010 11:53 AM

no idk where anything is thats why im tryin to find someone to ride with

|

6/25/2010 1:39 PM

D.E.T. wrote:

Double Decker is already closed. They were not getting enough business.

well that sucks... that new mini and bowl they were working on looked sweet!

|

7/2/2010 8:49 AM

yo DET im gonna be back in Fayetteville in about 2 mo when my unit heads back to America. hit me up or check your inbox. im ready to dig man.

also anyone else in the fayettnam area send me a friend request

|

7/2/2010 8:56 AM

Awesome, let me know when you get back to the states.

|

7/25/2010 3:55 PM

get in touch dude

|