Nashville Riders (2012)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2012 7:08 PM

I am posting the year cos I search for Nashville and I only get old threads...So basically I am searching for other riders. I am just starting.

|

9/8/2012 11:35 PM

Hey! Dont live in Nashville but in franklin. There is hardly any riders here sadly. Ive lived here a while and never met another bmx rider. Nashville has some pretty sick street areas to ride, and there are a few skateparks around. Rocketown (aka sixth avenue skatepark) is pretty awesome. Concrete wave country is pretty cool. And of course the franklin skatepark, but its only bowls. It can get kind of discouraging at times, but dont give up KEEP RIDING.

|

9/9/2012 9:46 AM

I need to try 6th av for sure. The 2rivers park is pretty awesome but I am nor ready for concrete. Maybe just to ride around and see how it goes.

I sure am not giving up. I feel from my ramp and the faceplant of hell, in the grass, but still. I may have a problem in my chest. I just can't wait to be back on my ride. gahhh.

Anyhow if you wanna meet one of these days.

Have you been riding for a long time?

|

9/9/2012 3:58 PM

Ive been riding for around 2 years but got into it super hardcore this past few weeks. Im not very good at all sadly lol but hey, riding is for fun right? I think there are actually a few pros who live in Nashville

|

9/9/2012 4:08 PM

I don't plan to do tricks perfectly etc I just want to have fun, progress at my own path etc. Yep, really just for fun, for the sport and definitely not for show off! lol I was at the BMX dirt tracks this aft, it was way cool. I have to try that!

|

9/9/2012 4:12 PM

You mean music city bmx race track? Ive wanted to go out there and just cruise around, it looks really nice. How did you get into bmx out here?

|

9/9/2012 4:17 PM

yep the track. they have gate practice tuesday and thursday I think I will get a membership (45$ for a year). You need to remove your pegs and wear a full face helmet. I am not sure I will ever race. I'll see how it will go. Looks really fun tho.
What do you mean? How did I get into bmx in the first place???

|

9/9/2012 4:22 PM

Yeah! I know most people get into it by seeing other people ride. But there isnt really anyone out here so how did you get into it?

|

9/9/2012 4:31 PM

|

9/9/2012 4:57 PM

well a girl I consider like my daughter got into it (at 16) and she has been riding since then and I was amazed by all she was doing. It is only 2 years she is riding, and she is the awesome. Also I had a bmx when I was 11, I was going to natural dirt tracks in the forest and I remembered it was awesome.
The more I was watching vid, pix etc the more I wanted to get into it. But a lot of shit happened in my life, and these last 3/4 years, it was just impossible. And I kept having these dreams where I was riding and all and was so sad when I woke up.So now even if I am in my 30s' I do not give a flying fuck! lol I just want to do it that's all.

Thank you sooo much for the event ! Will sure be there next week. Do you plan on coming?

|

9/9/2012 5:02 PM

Sick! Who cares what age you are, start riding, thats all that matters. Im not completely sure if im going but i found that and was surprised, i havent seen much of any bmx stuff around here. Venders and everything! And contests! Hopefully there will be a bunch of other riders there.

|

9/9/2012 5:05 PM

And thats cool to hear of another girl rider around. I havent seen any other girls riding, even on skateboards around here.

|

9/9/2012 8:31 PM

ah she is in France. I am french by the way. Anyhow let me know if you go to the event. I will. There is that guy at the park who told me they were doing vintage bmx shows often.

|