maryland and surrounding

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2013 12:08 PM

Any maryland, Virginia or dc bmx riders here? Just got back on my bike again trying find ppl to ride with.

|

3/1/2018 6:18 PM

Live in southern Maryland, just got back into bmx just sucks riding alone

|

3/2/2018 1:36 PM

I'm 34 i live in south east Va. Wanna get back into riding. Used to ride dirt in Beltsville Md when i was a kid those trails are gone now overgrown and eroded to nothing. Anyone know of any bmx trails near by?

|

3/2/2018 2:54 PM

John_Faris wrote:

I'm 34 i live in south east Va. Wanna get back into riding. Used to ride dirt in Beltsville Md when i was a kid those trails are gone now overgrown and eroded to nothing. Anyone know of any bmx trails near by?

Yea I ride around where I grew up riding dirt trails and it brings back memories! I never road street and I'm super excited to do.so with a group of ppl! It's funny though how I can't do any tricks i use to lol

|

3/13/2018 12:37 PM

I'm in the Glen Burnie/Baltimore area. Definitely sucks riding alone. Just turning 34 and getting back to the best times of my life.

|

3/15/2018 12:59 PM

dead goon wrote:

I'm in the Glen Burnie/Baltimore area. Definitely sucks riding alone. Just turning 34 and getting back to the best times of my life.

hell yea man! this weather needs to hurry up and break

|

3/15/2018 6:50 PM

For sure.

|

3/19/2018 6:33 AM

dead goon wrote:

For sure.

did you do any riding over the weekend it was nice weather?

|

3/19/2018 1:46 PM

Ronnie06srt8 wrote:

I hit the little "skatepark" by my house for about two hours after work on Friday but didn't get a chance to get anymore riding in.

How about you?

|

3/19/2018 3:25 PM

dead goon wrote:

For sure.

Ronnie06srt8 wrote:

dead goon wrote:

I hit the little "skatepark" by my house for about two hours after work on Friday but didn't get a chance to get anymore riding in.

How about you?

Cool cool, yea.i.did some yesterday for about a hour I'm so out of shape! Lol

|

3/22/2018 10:42 AM

I hear ya. I was really out of shape but for the past year, I've been slowly getting back into shape. Started with a diet/lifestyle change to which I recently lost 45 lbs. Getting there...

Hopefully this snow melts soon.

|

3/22/2018 11:54 AM

I'm about 2 or 3 hours from southern md. Thinking about a road trip anyone know of any dirt jumps up that way. Nothing like that around where i live.

|

3/22/2018 1:11 PM

I'm near Upper Marlboro MD, just getting into the sport as well. Would be more then willing to drive a bit to have people to ride with.

|

3/22/2018 4:45 PM

dead goon wrote:

I hear ya. I was really out of shape but for the past year, I've been slowly getting back into shape. Started with a diet/lifestyle change to which I recently lost 45 lbs. Getting there...

Hopefully this snow melts soon.

Yea I need to get dedicated on my exercise for sure! But when I was riding back in the day there.use to be alot of dirt jumps but now I'm sure there isn't any only bc there are no kids riding anymore it's sad technology ruined them.they don't.know.what they are missing

|

3/23/2018 10:43 AM

Bigfoot4Pres wrote:

I'm near Upper Marlboro MD, just getting into the sport as well. Would be more then willing to drive a bit to have people to ride with.

You're not too far from me. About 45 minutes. Bowie seems to be almost exactly half way.

I'm not too familiar with the Bowie area but I'm sure there are decent spots around for some street riding. I'd definitely be willing to drive that when the weather is more consistently warm.

|

3/23/2018 10:46 AM

After looking at Google maps again, you (Bigfoot) seem to be close to Davidsonville. They used to have dirt jumps or a bowl or both maybe...I don't remember. Should look into that...

|

3/23/2018 11:04 AM

Did a little research and found this site...

http://www.extremesportsmap.com/

This place in Elkridge, MD

https://www.more-mtb.org/venue/rockburn-branch-skills-park/ (Dirt)

|

3/23/2018 9:36 PM

dead goon wrote:

Did a little research and found this site...

http://www.extremesportsmap.com/

This place in Elkridge, MD

https://www.more-mtb.org/venue/rockburn-branch-skills-park/ (Dirt)

That looks like a blast! I haven't ridden dirt before. Have you been there before? We should definitely meet up and ride sometime.

|

3/26/2018 12:45 PM

I never really rode dirt much either despite spending years in the woods at my local trials. And no, I have not been there or ever even heard of it. Just found it when I was seeing everyone's distance from me.

As I said before, I'm definitely down to meet up and ride with people. Somebody will have to be the one to call an ambulance lol

|

3/26/2018 5:27 PM

I'm gonna hit up Walker Mill tomorrow that's pretty far away from you though. I know North Laurel (free public skatepark) which is about in between us, has hosted BMX comps so I assume we can ride there. I'll call them tomorrow. Would you like to exchange numbers or email and try and work out some dates?

|

3/28/2018 5:49 AM

I heard Laurel Skatepark is nice but gets crowed which would be pretty obvious. Get some details if you call them. I assume they make you wear a helmet, so I need to look into that, as well.

I'm also gonna need some warmer weather lol

|

4/6/2018 1:00 PM

What's up guys I've been away for a couple weeks! But I live in St Mary's MD maybe we can link up one weekend I know some good spots to ride

|

4/10/2018 8:30 PM

Hell yeah, man. I just broke my chain but once I replace it, I'm ready to go.

|