AZ riders down to ride in the east valley.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2018 2:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 2:18 PM

I’m in the Gilbert area just started riding looking for people down to ride around. Just started riding in my early thirties trying to learn some new tricks and push myself. I’m finding there doesn’t seem to be a lot of bmx riders in the area or spots to ride.

|

5/23/2018 9:42 PM

Sean_35 wrote:

I’m in the Gilbert area just started riding looking for people down to ride around. Just started riding in my early thirties ...more

I guess you're the first wink. Just got back into the game last week, after almost a 30-year hiatus. Got myself a 2018 Sunday Model C for my 46th last Sunday, oddly enough. Still learning bit by bit, as thing have CHANGED since I last rode (freshman year of high school).

Right now, I'm just focusing on getting the bike right (i.e. to match me) and getting my body and mind back used to riding in general. I haven't ridden a bicycle on a regular basis in 20 years.

Still, so glad I made the choice, and I love the C. What do you ride?

|

5/31/2018 7:54 PM

That’s a nice bike! I almost went with a Sunday, still a little sad I didn’t. I got the Kink Gap. I’m really happy with it though. I’m still trying to up my bike control abilities bunny hopping over a few things here and there. Slowly learning that shin pads would be a good idea. My shins are getting destroyed trying tricks. You’re right, some things have def. changed since high school! Haha

It’s a lot of fun riding around town though looking for small things to hop over. I’m finding there aren’t a lot of options as far as bmx parks go in the east valley. There is a nice track in Mesa i’d Like to check out called Desert Trails. Have you been there before?

|

6/24/2018 3:59 PM

Hello Sean,

It's been a crazy month. I haven't ridden in about two weeks, which I'm not crazy about, but I plan on riding next weekend. I'm better about strength training as well, to cope with BMX life smile.

I've heard of Desert Trails, but I've yet to go. I definitely plan on checking it out once things get a bit cooler.
I also happen to pass Chandler BMX on my daily commute, but I still have to check out their site, presuming they have one, and get more details.

|