Social Groups?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2017 3:16 PM

Anyone know of any kind of UK based BMX social groups? i had put something together years ago when i used to run a website for owners of a particular type of motorbike, I used to arrange local rideouts and meet ups etc, was wondering if there is anything like that for BMX in the UK or even Scotland area in general?, would be good to choose a date where riders could meet up at a particular park and ride together, learn skills off each other, have a bit of banter etc

|

5/6/2017 11:29 PM

Starting a Facebook page would probably be your best bet. I'm a member of a couple of pages aimed at older guys and they have meet ups every now and then.
I was also tempted to start an over 30's fortnightly ride at my local skatepark, but there's only a couple of us here anyway

|

5/7/2017 1:47 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Starting a Facebook page would probably be your best bet. I'm a member of a couple of pages aimed at older guys and they have ...more

Yeah I've just done that exact thing, but the thing is i don't use Facebook cos i hate it, so getting used to all the bollocks that goes with it is going to be a pain in the arse, called it "BMX Riding Group of Scotland" just need to figure out how to get people onto the page now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285709615216400/

|

5/7/2017 3:24 AM

I hate Facebook too, but it's a good way to stay in touch with people. Just don't join too many groups or have too many friends, otherwise you'll end up with constant notifications about stuff you don't care about haha.

You could see if there's a buy/sell bmx group near you and post a link to your page on their. And also join the nationwide older guy pages and post it there too. Chances are there's a few people that'll be worth riding with. Especially us older guys as most of us feel a bit weird going down the local on our own, especially when it's full of younger riders.
At my local I still don't really talk to anyone!

|

5/7/2017 3:38 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I hate Facebook too, but it's a good way to stay in touch with people. Just don't join too many groups or have too many ...more

Got a link to any of those older rider pages steve?

yeah there are a few buy/sell groups for bmx here so will hit them up later for some members

|

5/7/2017 8:09 AM

I don't have a clue how to do that on my phone haha
The main one is ride on bmx, I'm also in a group called mid school bmx dayz, but that's mostly people how collect shit mid school bikes and think they're better than they are haha. There's some cool guys in both of those groups though

|